Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Oh! Here's your decency speech!

Obama is the first POTUS in history to be denied what was once earned as a consideration of simple decency.

So once again!

Where was your deceincy when Bush was being bashed by every loony liberat deorat under the sun? Where were you when they were hanging and burning effigies of him in DC and every other majhor city under the Code Pink and Move banner?
Wow. Are you serious? I did not make a 'speech'. I authored a post. And there is no "i" in decency. Honestly, I hadn't the slightest notion what you were referring to, especially since that topic had already been addressed and put to bed. Bush was not being bashed by anyone that I recall until he undertook a path of lying our country into war. Please provide examples of Bush-bashing from 1/20/2001 - 6/20/2001. I'll admit, I wasn't paying much attention then, but I don't recall anything like the tone from the right toward Obama from that time period.

Post #32.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Ask away, but demand at your own risk. I have always held to belief in an inverse correlation between radicalism and relevance. Why not choose to be more relevant? You're new here. I don't know how long you have been criticizing Mr. Obama, but many on the right have been criticizing him since before he took office. To me, these folks have effectively neutered themselves. The harsh criticism from (true) conservatives and the left directed at the Bush administration was aimed at policy, and did not begin in earnest until after they chose to lie our country into war.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 05:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Quote:
Maybe, but that isn't relevant to the time period in question.
But what is, that it's not OK to chastise O BA MA for what he says and does because he has only been in office a short time and is learning about things he thought he knew but really didn't so give him a break?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #63 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
But what is, that it's not OK to chastise O BA MA for what he says and does because he has only been in office a short time and is learning about things he thought he knew but really didn't so give him a break?
Actually, that is American tradition, yes. GW Bush and just about every other American president was granted what has been traditionally referred to as a "honeymoon" period. The idea is for both sides to come together and support our newly elected president for a period after an election.

The tone toward Obama from the right has been nothing short of savage, and it started before the man even took office. In the end, we are all Americans and we should probably all try a little harder to find some common ground.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #64 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 05:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Quote:
Actually, that is American tradition, yes. GW Bush and just about every other American president was granted what has been traditionally referred to as a "honeymoon" period. The idea is for both sides to come together and support our newly elected president for a period after an election.

The tone toward Obama from the right has been nothing short of savage, and it started before the man even took office. In the end, we are all Americans and we should probably all try a little harder to find some common ground.
All one has to do is go back and read some of kvinings post to find out why
that's not going to happen in todays world.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #65 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
All one has to do is go back and read some of kvinings post to find out why
that's not going to happen in todays world.
You might be right about that, Mp. If you are, the very last thing we do as a nation may well be to weep for the future.

post #66 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 05:37 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B

Ya just gotta tell me why you short quote me then go on about something that you you decided isn't in your best interest.

I believe that everything I say is relevant .... just as I believe that everything you say is relavant ....... especially to those who agree with what either is saying!

Does that look familiar?

Everything else you say is nothing but your opinion of how "you" feel the way things "should be".

You have yet to reply to me on where were you on the deceincy speech when no deceincy was afforded President Bush by the loony liberal left?

Did you give the same flowery words for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Yes, that is absolutely my opinion, presented calmly and rationally. I have little doubt that most would concur. And I'm sorry, but I have no idea what your reference is in regard to "deceincy speech"... In regard to where I was, you will need to provide a date.

Hahahahahahahaha

Maybe you better go back in this thread a bit because those words that you are taking credit for ......"calmly and rationally" are my words that I said "calmly and rationally"!

Oh! Here's your decency speech!

Obama is the first POTUS in history to be denied what was once earned as a consideration of simple decency.

So once again!

Where was your deceincy when Bush was being bashed by every loony liberat deorat under the sun? Where were you when they were hanging and burning effigies of him in DC and every other majhor city under the Code Pink and Move banner?

[QUOTE=GermanStar;3501017]Wow. Are you serious? I did not make a 'speech'. I authored a post. And there is no "i" in decency. Honestly, I hadn't the slightest notion what you were referring to, especially since that topic had already been addressed and put to bed. Bush was not being bashed by anyone that I recall until he undertook a path of lying our country into war. Please provide examples of Bush-bashing from 1/20/2001 - 6/20/2001. I'll admit, I wasn't paying much attention then, but I don't recall anything like the tone from the right toward Obama from that time period.

I gotta tell ya that one of the first signs that someone is doing as well as they want to is that they "drift" away from the subject at hand and look for reasons to criticize the one that they can not get over on ... one is to start becoming a "spellin' b master". Look around.... I spelled it a few different ways

I know that you're not gonna believe this, but sometimes when you want to catch a ....... ummmmmm.... "mouse" ....ya just gotta throw out a piece of "cheeze"!

Anyway I find it very disheartening that some use popularity as measure of who's right and who's wrong.

Sure! President Bush was "bushwacked" by a whole bunch of "liberal zombies" at every trurn, but there is one thing that no one can ever take away from him and that's after 9/11 were never attacked again... like his methods...plans or not. Whatever he did worked and there's a whole lot of dead bad guys who will never get a chace to wear your shower shoes in Arizona because of him.

Maybe you shoulkd send him a thank you card!
post #67 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 05:57 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose

German Star says:

Oh! Now I get it...

Everything I said is abosolutly the truth about the "liberal left" being able and willing to dish it out, but none of them can take it!

What a pitty!

If 1 1/100th of what was said about President Bush was true and provable then Congress should have gotten rid of him long before his term was up.

Obama was right in there lying , bull shitting and shoveling shit on the President who we very well probably owe our lives and the lives of our families to..... and some people just are never gonna forget that. And I explained to you that when the kid started out I thought he was ok until he turned into an asshole.

Well .... he's in now.... let us klnow when he does something good!
post #68 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Would an invasion of Argentina have worked just the same? Argentina was equally culpable in regard to the 9-11 attack as Iraq, after all.
Yes of course, what with all their payments to the families of Homicide Bombers, and their unending support and sanctuary of Abu Nidal.

Wait that was Iraq.

Hmm...

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #69 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Homicide bombers in Georgia? No way! We're talking about the state, not the country, right? Links please! Seriously, this would cause a complete reassessment on my part. I'm always anxious to learn from someone more informed.

post #70 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 06:43 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Yea, AMERICA sucks doesn't it?
Hey Multi, do you think GS and drewuff hate America?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in