Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Mc Bear...

That's a fair enough statment on your part.

"Principles and values" are not the same for all people.

Early Christian "principles and values" made for some well fed lions.

Jewish "principles and values" lead many of them to the gas chambers during WWII.

Those same "principles and values" allowed a young man with a brace on his leg and a bolt action rifle holding 5 rounds to watch 50 of them dig potatos outside a concentration camp where they ultimately met their end. That same guard who had no reason to lie told me about this.

My "principles and values" don't really lend themselves to taking chances where those who I love could be hirt. And being an American I love all other Americans.

I don't want to start wars or treat anyone in this world unfairly, but should someone spoil for a fight I would have absolutely no problem in the world clubbing the stupid ass like a baby seal!

Like I said!...

"Obama and the democrats will never do what's right because none of them knows what right is!"
The disconnect comes when you move from your love of country, which is all well and good, and your desire to keep it safe which is also well and good and moves quickly to:
Quote:
Another thing that they fail to realize is thart in this world.... "WE ARE THE POLICE"! There is no one ever gonna stand up and protect us if we lay down!

Torture? Fuck them terrorists! Get the dykes out ... trim their nails then shoot them all like fuckin' rabid dogs!
We are NOT the policemen of the world. Sorry, we are not. It is not in our Constitution, it is not in our mandate, it is not in our national interest.

The second assumption is that, we would "lay down". There are a billion options available.

No, we don't hunt down terrorists and kill them all. That's not our job. If they have not done anything to us and we do that, we are just like them. That is not what this country is. We have chosen NOT to go that path.

A while back I had a sig line on another forum that pissed off several guys. Then I explained it. Most figured it out.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Yea....

I could, but here's the problem with him and many "so called" liberals.

They don't attack the "idea".. they personally attack the creator of the idea.

Unfortunately when you get in their shit they cry foul ... the whole time while calling you the asshole!

Me! ... well...... I like "Thunderdome"!
Actually we attack the idea very clearly. You just don't like it when those fact things come into play. Apparently the concept of LAW and Constitution is an alien one to you. It's ok,that is why there are others are around to deal complexities of law and the ethics that are suppose to go with it.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:53 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
The disconnect comes when you move from your love of country, which is all well and good, and your desire to keep it safe which is also well and good and moves quickly to:

We are NOT the policemen of the world. Sorry, we are not. It is not in our Constitution, it is not in our mandate, it is not in our national interest.

The second assumption is that, we would "lay down". There are a billion options available.

No, we don't hunt down terrorists and kill them all. That's not our job. If they have not done anything to us and we do that, we are just like them. That is not what this country is. We have chosen NOT to go that path.

A while back I had a sig line on another forum that pissed off several guys. Then I explained it. Most figured it out.
"We are NOT the policemen of the world."

I agree 100% with that statement, but if you read further it kinda explained that we are our own policeman and should we laydown no one will protect us!

This is what some can not understand because their mommies told them that they were special... that it was ok to dance to the beat of a different drummer .. and to change the beat to whatever suits them any time they want.

So there is really no disconnect as far as I can see it.

I am all for seeing every American more than taken care of before I would help anyone in this world and should those who we aren't alies with decide to start killing one another well ..... nothin' for nothin' Mc B..... but fuck um!

My Country...my people....my choice.
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
"We are NOT the policemen of the world."

I agree 100% with that statement, but if you read further it kinda explained that we are our own policeman and should we laydown no one will protect us!

This is what some can not understand because their mommies told them that they were special... that it was ok to dance to the beat of a different drummer .. and to change the beat to whatever suits them any time they want.

So there is really no disconnect as far as I can see it.

I am all for seeing every American more than taken care of before I would help anyone in this world and should those who we aren't alies with decide to start killing one another well ..... nothin' for nothin' Mc B..... but fuck um!

My Country...my people....my choice.
Not your choice. We are a country of LAWS. You want YOUR choice, CHANGE THE LAW. Until then, all this Rambo, kickass, "kill em all" crap is just, as you like to call it flapping your gums. That philosophy is not legal, not Constitutional, not within the mores of this country and not acceptable worldwide. So no, not YOUR choice.

As for being our own policemen YES. That is the best analogy you can use. And, with minimal exception the police act AFTER a crime has been committed. Their job is to enforce the laws of the land and to investigate and protect. There job is NOT preemptive murder just to make the streets safer. That wild west Wyatt Earp stuff might have skated at the OK Corral but it was illegal then and and it is certainly illegal now.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244 View Post
Many on the right will concede it is torture – and justified. We can commit crimes and immoral acts because we’re good and they’re bad. The Conservative World is a simple place, really.

He admitted it QUICK. It had little effect however, if you read the comments you'll see most either 1) Think it's because of his childhood trauma, 2) Still don't think it's torture or 3) Admit it's probably torture but don't care as everybody we pick up between the ages of 18-70 in the Middle East is clearly a terrorist.
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:04 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Actually we attack the idea very clearly. You just don't like it when those fact things come into play. Apparently the concept of LAW and Constitution is an alien one to you. It's ok,that is why there are others are around to deal complexities of law and the ethics that are suppose to go with it.

Ok....

I see that ya wanna start a little pick ... ok!

The constitution of the United States does not apply to the terrorists in Gitmo. End of story. Quit dreaming .... learn something about the law.

If you still want to go on about how it does that you should initiate a action for the politicians that you know to file impeachment papers oin that jackass Obama!

Why you ask?

Because that nitwit who the mush heads elected as president ... Omomma... swore to protect, defend and hold true the constitution and if by holding them in Gitmo were against the constitution and he didn't stop it immediately then he would have broken his oath!

So tell your jackass to get on his JOB... or go get a job at Wal-Mart!

I hope that's satisfactory with you!
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Ok....

I see that ya wanna start a little pick ... ok!

The constitution of the United States does not apply to the terrorists in Gitmo. End of story. Quit dreaming .... learn something about the law.

I hope that's satisfactory with you!
You really need to catch up on current events. The SCOTUS ruled against Bush on three separate occasions on Constitutional issues regarding Gitmo.

Here is the last two. Oh, it's not a dream. And the current occupant IS obeying the Constitution, and the SCOTUS rulings. I realize just how confusing a President that obeys the rules must be.

Supreme Court: Guantanamo Detainees Have Rights in Court - ABC News

Justices overrule Bush on Gitmo - Security- msnbc.com

Since all treaties are covered in the Constitution, the Geneva Conventions, A TREATY are fully covered.

Tell me just how much more evidence you would like to read. I can fill your screen for weeks disproving your little "terrorists aren't covered" folly.

If you would prefer faux as the link, that is ok also.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:16 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Not your choice. We are a country of LAWS. You want YOUR choice, CHANGE THE LAW. Until then, all this Rambo, kickass, "kill em all" crap is just, as you like to call it flapping your gums. That philosophy is not legal, not Constitutional, not within the mores of this country and not acceptable worldwide. So no, not YOUR choice.

As for being our own policemen YES. That is the best analogy you can use. And, with minimal exception the police act AFTER a crime has been committed. Their job is to enforce the laws of the land and to investigate and protect. There job is NOT preemptive murder just to make the streets safer. That wild west Wyatt Earp stuff might have skated at the OK Corral but it was illegal then and and it is certainly illegal now.
Oh I'm sorry...

Did I offend your tender sensabilities?

Are you offended when there are Americans who don't want to lie down with the liberals and get popped in the keister?

I did'nt know that you wanted to turn the United States ... where unless your name is Jack... you look like a Jill and smell like a John that you would be an outcast.

We most definately are a country of laws, but those laws aren't up for interpratition by those who make up whatever they want to suit some sort of pipe dream that they in their crossdressing pink tutu state of mind might conjure up at a moment of vapourous weakness.

Our laws don't work that way and it's a shame that you can't figure that out.

The terrorists in Gitmo are not protected under the constitution of the United States. Get over it or Impeach Obama right now! It's his watch.

Hey! While your at it .. get that old plastic hobo Pelosi out too!
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:19 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
You really need to catch up on current events. The SCOTUS ruled against Bush on three separate occasions on Constitutional issues regarding Gitmo.

Here is the last two. Oh, it's not a dream. And the current occupant IS obeying the Constitution, and the SCOTUS rulings. I realize just how confusing a President that obeys the rules must be.

Supreme Court: Guantanamo Detainees Have Rights in Court - ABC News

Justices overrule Bush on Gitmo - Security- msnbc.com

Since all treaties are covered in the Constitution, the Geneva Conventions, A TREATY are fully covered.

Tell me just how much more evidence you would like to read. I can fill your screen for weeks disproving your little "terrorists aren't covered" folly.

If you would prefer faux as the link, that is ok also.
Under the Geneva Convention ... ununiformed ... non- flagged terrorists have the same rights as sabotours .... none!

Have a nice day!
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:25 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Under the Geneva Convention ... ununiformed ... non- flagged terrorists have the same rights as sabotours .... none!

Have a nice day!

B, go up the stairs, open the bomb shelter door and you can see, it is dark outside where you live........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in