#11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Hummm..... "waterboarding is torture" ?........... sure! I'll go along with that.

... and killing or attempting to kill my fellow Americans is much worse.

Yes Ed! If necessary .... I would short dick every cannibal in the congo to get the information of your where-a-bouts if they had you ....... and that's with me being nice and all like I am now!
I concur.

But ed wouldn't travel to Congo so dicks of those cannibals are safe.
#12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Mgr., Marg. Mead Taproom

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Send a message via AIM to mcbear
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
Waterboarding is torture. Glad we got that out of the way.

OTOH, kudos to those two for being willing to learn, and telling the truth after they did.
While some seem to have gotten it out of the way, from what the blogsphere and many on the right have been saying, it is a piece of cake, not torture, why is everyone whining. So, it is taking these kind of exercises to get folks focus.

I would prefer to see a week long camp for those who want to "learn". That way it will not quite be the very simple controlled, EMT in the room, know you are going to walk out in 5 minutes experience these guys have.

As for mancow ratings, he is currently ninth in National ratings [talker]

2/27: Rush Limbaugh tops talk radio rankings again | Radio & TV Talk
#13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 07:32 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
While some seem to have gotten it out of the way, from what the blogsphere and many on the right have been saying, it is a piece of cake, not torture, why is everyone whining. So, it is taking these kind of exercises to get folks focus.

I would prefer to see a week long camp for those who want to "learn". That way it will not quite be the very simple controlled, EMT in the room, know you are going to walk out in 5 minutes experience these guys have.

As for mancow ratings, he is currently ninth in National ratings [talker]

2/27: Rush Limbaugh tops talk radio rankings again | Radio & TV Talk
Let's see if I'm getting this right.

Everyone agrees that it's torture ..... but you're still not happy because we didn't agree with you vigorously enough?

And who gives a shit about someone named "mancow" or "rush" anyway?

If these two guys disappered you wouldn't have as much to talk about?

Let me take a guess .... one's a righwing dickhead and the other is a leftwing dickhead?

Not impressed with either or people who take stock in them.
#14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Mgr., Marg. Mead Taproom

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Everyone agrees that it's torture ..... but you're still not happy because we didn't agree with you vigorously enough?

Let me take a guess .... one's a righwing dickhead and the other is a leftwing dickhead?

Well, first, you might want to check with the kids on the right. Many have been arguing for years on this board that waterboarding is not torture [first ref July 07]. Republican lawmakers for years have argued that it is not torture. Faux has made a living off of the subject. So NO, not everyone agrees.

If mancow and rush disappeared I would be ecstatic to not have as much to talk about. Their negative contributions to America will go down in history. And no, both are children of the right.

As for not being impressed with people who take stock in them, you just blew off 15 Million rightwing stalwarts and about half of this board. On that we agree.
#15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:

Until that session, those two didn't agree that it was torture. That was the point.

Whether to torture is a different question. The hypotheticals on that are endless and the absolutes are rhetorical. Those who support it try to make it personal (though your willingness to chop dicks on my behalf is appreciated, I would hope there is certainty that you have selected the correct dicks and not the dicks of innocent bystanders). Those against it speak of the rules we signed up to (to prevent the abuse of prisoners of war, defenseless, and thereby prevent the abuse of our own captured soldiers). Personally, I like the rules, but I understand some groups have not signed up to them. It is complicated when the combatants don't seem to have a country.
A personal hypothetical goes like this: "If it were your child who were in danger and you KNEW you had one of the bastards, what would you do?" I don't know.

#16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Well, first, you might want to check with the kids on the right. Many have been arguing for years on this board that waterboarding is not torture [first ref July 07]. Republican lawmakers for years have argued that it is not torture. Faux has made a living off of the subject. So NO, not everyone agrees.

If mancow and rush disappeared I would be ecstatic to not have as much to talk about. Their negative contributions to America will go down in history. And no, both are children of the right.

As for not being impressed with people who take stock in them, you just blew off 15 Million rightwing stalwarts and about half of this board. On that we agree.
Here's the thing with me McB....

I don't give a rats ass about the left or the right ...... I only care what "is" right, reasonable and necessary to make sure that the United States of America survives and stays the greatest country on this planet.

Those are my ideals!

What I believe is "right..reasonable and necessary" you might think is barbaric, but should the "cannibals" have your fuzzy ass ready for the pot I am pretty sure that you wouldn't be all that upset if trimmed someones fingernails to the second joint with a pair of dykes to get intel on your whereabouts.

To me that action would be reasonable if necessary to get the right result.

.. and when you were safe and sound cavorting with deviates and other such creatures ....you could curse those who saved your ass and cry for "stumpy". .................

Like I said before .........I've only seen that Rush guy on the tube a few times and he doesn't impress me.

A friend at Cherry Point calls me every other day and brings up Rush. I normally put the phone on my desk until it goes silent and then I tell him that I don't have time for guys who ain't serious like Rush.

He just can't get it that I have no respect for those on either side who do nothing but bump their gums!

Now! What are you gonna do about that Obama who has been lying to you and every other left leaning voter?
#17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Mgr., Marg. Mead Taproom

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Here's the thing with me McB....

I don't give a rats ass about the left or the right ...... I only care what "is" right, reasonable and necessary to make sure that the United States of America survives and stays the greatest country on this planet.

Now! What are you gonna do about that Obama who has been lying to you and every other left leaning voter?
Should I point out the humor of asking what the definition of is is?

As for Obama lying to me and every left wing voter. Here is where the problem with that assumption lies. I won't speak for every left wing voter but I can speak for the ones that I talk with pretty regularly. We read the policy statements and the campaign statements and the stump speeches for each and every candidate, both left and right for nearly 18 months. We became really informed as to those promises.

With that, most of us agree that things are moving along in a pretty steady path. Some are moving quicker than we thought, some slower. Some have roadblocks, some seem to be coasting through. Our expectations have been all along that there is a President and there is a Congress. We know Democrats and we know that not everyone in this party marches lockstep. This has been a big tent party for over a century. We are very used to conflict and bills being held hostage by our own people and deals being made. So there have been very few surprises. And frankly no lies.

Some of the promises made 18 months before the election were based on a set of conditions that did not exist four months after the election. I fully understand that. 18 months before the election a top priority was stopping deficit spending and cutting the National Debt. I screamed that to the top of my keyboard. Conditions changed dramatically because folks didn't pay attention and because of that more deficit spending absolutely had to be done to spur the economy. Logic dictates that change. [some of the right call that a lie].

So what am I doing about Obama and his policies? Same thing I have done for the past six years. I see my Congressman at Sunday lunch about once a month, I email and text aides that I know regarding issues that I care about or am knowledgeable about and I work with a few groups that push different agendas, from vet issues to coal issues to environmental issues to education issue in Appalachia . On any given day I have about 12 active emails on different subjects to/from different folks on political action.
#18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 08:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Recently in a face to face debate, Joy Behar, from the View, confronted Ann Coulter with the challenge to try waterboarding received the retort from Ann: "I'll do that publicly if you will have an abortion publicly." End of game.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
#19 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Mgr., Marg. Mead Taproom

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Recently in a face to face debate, Joy Behar, from the View, confronted Ann Coulter with the challenge to try waterboarding received the retort from Ann: "I'll do that publicly if you will have an abortion publicly." End of game.
Actually retarded game, zero score. Ann, as usual skirted the issue. But we have come to expect that.
#20 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 09:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
Until that session, those two didn't agree that it was torture. That was the point.

Whether to torture is a different question. The hypotheticals on that are endless and the absolutes are rhetorical. Those who support it try to make it personal (though your willingness to chop dicks on my behalf is appreciated, I would hope there is certainty that you have selected the correct dicks and not the dicks of innocent bystanders). Those against it speak of the rules we signed up to (to prevent the abuse of prisoners of war, defenseless, and thereby prevent the abuse of our own captured soldiers). Personally, I like the rules, but I understand some groups have not signed up to them. It is complicated when the combatants don't seem to have a country.
A personal hypothetical goes like this: "If it were your child who were in danger and you KNEW you had one of the bastards, what would you do?" I don't know.
There are two ways to define wterboarding, the legal and the behavioral ways.
Behaviorally, anyone undergoing this seems to be incapable of withstanding the procedure for very long. But has anyone heard yet of a death from the activiity? Many of our troops undergo waterboarding during training. At this point more journalists have done it than terrorists at Gitmo who were, by the way, overseen by medical personnel during the procedures. So, you and I, would find it extremely uncomfortable, but it's not lethal, nor causing permanent damage or disfigurement.

Legally, the definition of torture is an intervention that intends to cause physical or mental harm. As Eric Holder had to admit in congressional testimony this week the intent to cause such harm was not present in the waterboarding at Gitmo with the 3 high level detainees. These subjects are the same after waterboarding as before.

Do I want to be waterboarded? Absolutely not. Do I want captive terrorists who may have info that will be helpful? Anytime and everytime.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic