LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Botnst and Teutone...

"Destabilize by any means"...."Offer two hands -- friendship and war"

It seems that both of you are for a bit more action that palm pressing and belly patting.

I'm in agreement. But what percentage of the American people would want to remove Obama's head should he announce that he was slipping the dogs of war on Iran?

It takes a great big pair of balls for a President... any President to go to war for any reason because of all the people who immediately start to second guess him and then use that was as political propaganda so that "their candidate" get's elected!

I believe that unless Iran directly attacked the USA with a nuke then his supporters would turn on him should he strike Iran for having nukes or a delivery system for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Botnst and Teutone...

"Destabilize by any means"...."Offer two hands -- friendship and war"

It seems that both of you are for a bit more action that palm pressing and belly patting.

I'm in agreement. But what percentage of the American people would want to remove Obama's head should he announce that he was slipping the dogs of war on Iran?

It takes a great big pair of balls for a President... any President to go to war for any reason because of all the people who immediately start to second guess him and then use that was as political propaganda so that "their candidate" get's elected!

I believe that unless Iran directly attacked the USA with a nuke then his supporters would turn on him should he strike Iran for having nukes or a delivery system for them.
Both hands have to be honest and genuine and purposeful. Otherwise you get Jimmy Carter (weak) or Bush (bellicose). It's an open question whether our nation has either patience for nuance or stomach for war.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 11:01 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Both hands have to be honest and genuine and purposeful. Otherwise you get Jimmy Carter (weak) or Bush (bellicose). It's an open question whether our nation has either patience for nuance or stomach for war.
It's unfortunate that it seems that the number one job of every politician is to get elected and then stay that way.

Personally.....I believe that both parties are as full of shit as a thanksgiving goose.

Simply put... If Jesus Christ himself were to run on the Republican ticket he would have lost this time.

I Love John McCain because he is a fellow veteran , but his day was gone about 8 years ago.

Did you notice that the democrats held off on all the back biting, slurs and other bullshit until Bush was elected the second time? Only after he won again did they start the propaganda machine that insured a democrat victory this last go around.

I might be silly for think this way, but damed if they don't seem to have a pattern of sorts going on.

Anyway! A Nuclear Iran is one hell of a bad idea. Should we have to go it alone in an exchange I am sure that we will be victorious, but at what price?

Iran just gets stronger as time marches on!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The remote possibility for overt action against Iran has IMO passed with the invasion of Iraq.
Same first and number of letters, wrong County, and probably only wishful thinking by someone familiar with some of the people in power, and how it all began.
I knew Aytollah Beheshti from Hamburg Germany, and was guest in his house in Tehran (his wife was German) after the Shah's fall. Beheshti was Khomeini's right hand man, and led a group of moderate / liberal Mullahs. In 1981, the 70+ strong group of Mullahs around Beheshti met in a building in South Tehran, Ayatollah Rafsanjani left, and five minutes later the building blew up, killing everyone inside. You draw your own conclusions.
An hour later, an Iranian friend and I went there, but had to leave after about 15 min, because it was getting dangerous to stay there. As foreigner, I was getting nasty looks, and some of the people were drawing closer.
Covert action and disinformation etc. is the way to go.
I have always been amazed how little has been reported about the amassed wealth of former Iranian President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani ($ 20- 30 Billion?).
As head of the council of guardians still Iran's King maker.
From 'dirt poor to billions in ten faithless prayers.' Beside his families business interests, Rafsanjani is said to control real estate in Dubai, all over Europe, and the U.S.
My in law is well connected in the U.A.E./Dubai. Which usually means businesses controlled by the Al Makhtoum, or Al Fahim families.
I heard about the top guys from Irans central bank flying in with a plan to manipulate the gold market, by dumping 5 bio worth of bullion.
While the Shahs extended family 'benefited' from Iran's business, most everyone was able to participate.
The Mullahs, and their 50 extended families want it all.
The image of ‚Äúrich ayatollahs driving around in bullet-proof Mercedes‚ÄĚ has become the butt of many jokes and the cause of much resentment in a country where, according to World Bank figures, the per capital income has fallen to a fifth of its 1970s value. Despite Iran‚Äôs huge export revenues and unexpected surpluses from the giant oil market jumps in recent months and years, the country‚Äôs budget is constantly in a state of flux showing no signs that it will sustain any time soon, inflation is at 16 percent and rising, and the economic growth rate is projected to fall.

Forbes.com - Magazine Article
Part II: Rafsanjani's wealth - Community - IranSportsPress.com
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in