Accountability and Transparency with Congress or the new Administration - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Even if you cannot stand the opinion that seeps from many shows on Fox, you will have to admit that it is slickly produced and in many cases very entertaining. Money buys you this stuff and Fox spent it well. Plus the chicks are cute.
I don't watch news for fluff or chicks, no matter the material.

Although I have to admit that Beck is entertaining. I have been required to watch him for a couple of weeks due to class and I have to say, he knows how to suck in and play to his audience.

I was in Louisville a few years ago and found that there was a Klan rally by the riverfront. I had never seen one so wifie and I slid over to check it out [you can't honestly comment on something you have not seen].

Beck reminds me of many of those speakers. Fear, Uncertainty, Confusion and Dread. As one poster said on another forum. "If you stare into the abyss long enough, at some point you see Glenn Beck staring back".

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I don't watch news for fluff or chicks, no matter the material.

Although I have to admit that Beck is entertaining. I have been required to watch him for a couple of weeks due to class and I have to say, he knows how to suck in and play to his audience.

I was in Louisville a few years ago and found that there was a Klan rally by the riverfront. I had never seen one so wifie and I slid over to check it out [you can't honestly comment on something you have not seen].

Beck reminds me of many of those speakers. Fear, Uncertainty, Confusion and Dread. As one poster said on another forum. "If you stare into the abyss long enough, at some point you see Glenn Beck staring back".
Now that's funny. I could use that with Obama, Pelosi and especially Reid.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quote:
I would love to attend one of those rallies to hear the crap. Great education, I just wouldn't want to be seen anywhere near them.
post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Now that's funny. I could use that with Obama, Pelosi and especially Reid.
You could but it would be contrived, out of context and, as usual a step behind.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
I would love to attend one of those rallies to hear the crap. Great education, I just wouldn't want to be seen anywhere near them.
It was really enlightening. I was very shocked at what I saw and heard in 2003-5 [can't remember exactly when it was].

One of the very serious reasons that much of the chatter that I hear from the rightwing blogsphere is so disturbing is that it has that very same level of hate, anger and paranoia associated with it.

While normally I would chalk it up to just political partisanship, I really don't think some of it is. And we have come to far as a country for that kind of crap to continue.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
One of my high school buddies joined a local Klan group back in 1968 or 1969. He stayed with them for a number of years. Jump forward 30-odd years. Now he goes to a holiness church with lots of black bruthuhs and sistuhs and feels right at home. Following the lead of Senator Byrd.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
It was really enlightening. I was very shocked at what I saw and heard in 2003-5 [can't remember exactly when it was].

One of the very serious reasons that much of the chatter that I hear from the rightwing blogsphere is so disturbing is that it has that very same level of hate, anger and paranoia associated with it.

While normally I would chalk it up to just political partisanship, I really don't think some of it is. And we have come to far as a country for that kind of crap to continue.
You mention right wing blogs frequently. Maybe you should not spend so much time there. I couldn't name one if I had to; never been on one.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
You mention right wing blogs frequently. Maybe you should not spend so much time there. I couldn't name one if I had to; never been on one.
Part of my PhD thesis is tracking the blogsphere, both left and right. I have no choice right now. That will change soon.

The good news is I get a much better idea of what is going on and know what to expect when I come on BWOT.

I know that everyone here on the right SAYS that they don't listen to Rush or Beck or Hannity or check out rightwing blogs, but when I do phrase searches on some posts, I find a very interesting correlation between what I see from some posters here and what is splatted across 2000 or so rightwing blogs that all share the same cut and paste links.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
One of my high school buddies joined a local Klan group back in 1968 or 1969. He stayed with them for a number of years. Jump forward 30-odd years. Now he goes to a holiness church with lots of black bruthuhs and sistuhs and feels right at home. Following the lead of Senator Byrd.
I find the same type folks who go full tilt for something like the Klan will also go full tilt for a holiness or charismatic church. It is the same group addiction and need for group acceptance and group reinforcement of beliefs. Most began smoking and drinking early as a result of peer pressure I would imagine.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
I find the same type folks who go full tilt for something like the Klan will also go full tilt for a holiness or charismatic church. It is the same group addiction and need for group acceptance and group reinforcement of beliefs. Most began smoking and drinking early as a result of peer pressure I would imagine.
By gad, I think you've got it!

My pal also cooks some great jambalaya. Back in the early 1970's (when I got out of the USN) he hired me to work on his survey crew in MI. That set in motion a remarkable chain of events, of which I am grateful to him. Now he has a small farm and a catering business. He's been a contented, happy man for probably 20 years. I wish more people could live his outcome, if not his early years.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in