The Vice President is believed to be in a secure, undisclosed location....... - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 12:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Yes Big B, the Taliban are only miles from the target! Having penetrated our ground defenses, they are now preparing a Suicide Camel for entry into the Naval Observatory! We can only hope God intervenes!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 12:26 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Yes Big B, the Taliban are only miles from the target! Having penetrated our ground defenses, they are now preparing a Suicide Camel for entry into the Naval Observatory! We can only hope God intervenes!

Maybe that's all you could glean from what was written.

Now on a serious note .... who's to say that there isn't someone sizing Biden up? ... God Forbid!

Yes! Even though he isn't to my liking I don't wish him ill.

Make excuses for security breaches today and what will people make excuses about tomorrow.

I remember when Geradine had her campaign and it said, "It's all about choices"...... Biden and Obama's should be "It's all about excuses ... and those who make them for us!"

Biden was wrong ... the demorats should "man up" and admit to it instead of the endless tirade of childish excuses and misdirection.

The demorat smoke and mirror show is getting old fast!
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBear
Are the problems fixed, NO. They took time to get to where they are, they will take time to get fixed but every trend shows that they are moving forward. Banks are even lining up to pay back their TARP monies. Cool, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Yes! Without all the superfluous flubber the truth ring through loud and clear!

The new battle try for the democrats should be "No we can not"!
Ah, so we glean more details. You have never been a systems manager.

If you had, you would know that systems level problems of the size we inherited could not be fixed in a four month window. In fact, any fix that only took four months would be dubious and would, in most cases be destined to failure due to rushed patching.

As an example, if you have a breached hull, you can "fix" it with a plywood and tar patch but that is only temporary and very likely to fail and would not be smart as a long term permanent fix. On the other hand, if you took that same boat into drydock and did a proper fix, with appropriate replacement of steel you would feel comfortable moving forward with that boat. The difference is, the second project would take longer and require more resources but would, in the long run provide more life and better reliability for your system.

Oh, and I provided my entire quote to insure you understood the context.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Maybe that's all you could glean from what was written.

Now on a serious note .... who's to say that there isn't someone sizing Biden up? ... God Forbid!

Yes! Even though he isn't to my liking I don't wish him ill.

Make excuses for security breaches today and what will people make excuses about tomorrow.

I remember when Geradine had her campaign and it said, "It's all about choices"...... Biden and Obama's should be "It's all about excuses ... and those who make them for us!"

Biden was wrong ... the demorats should "man up" and admit to it instead of the endless tirade of childish excuses and misdirection.

The demorat smoke and mirror show is getting old fast!
If you go to the "hasty decision" thread you will find a link to yesterday's WH press briefing. In it you will find answers to that "Bunker" question.

As for "is somebody sizing up Biden?" The answer is, most assuredly YES. And he and everyone else plans for that.

I could see where you would be tired of smoke and mirrors. Afterall, we have been watching them most of our adult lives.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:02 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Ah, so we glean more details. You have never been a systems manager.

I believe that the "gleaning" comment was directed to "Feel The Love". Do you feel that you have to get in to what I wrote directly to him?

And who is "we"?

You are right! I have never been a "systems manager" ...... have you? I really don't care if you have... as I doubt anyone else does either. Though I only speak for myself and you seem to speak for "we".

Anyway! My message is clear! Obama and Biden are fuckups who have been elected by people who not only make up excuses for them , but believe them as well

It's about time that the demorats started to "Man-Up" and quit acting like bad kids.

That's all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in