post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 09:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Don't be so optimistic. The feds aren't done making failures.
But you will note that they have slowed down. Trending is what we watch, not blogs or faux.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
But you will note that they have slowed down. Trending is what we watch, not blogs or faux.
You'll be thrilled to know there is a problem with the emergency Sable's antenna and there is still nothing but electrical whine on the AM bands even though I installed new resistor plugs and wires. I am forced to depend on tiny snippets of what's really going on from the LWLM when they slip up and let the real news out.

I feel it's worth the effort though NPR is killing me. I do like Michael Feldman's "What Do You Know?", however.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
^That is too rich. Just punishment for trying to hide your conservative, backwards, ways.
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 09:55 PM
37x
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 72 Pinto
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
So GM and probably Chrysler file chapter 11 and lose the legacy costs, don't have to pay back the bailout money and start over. Ford apparently does a good job and makes some vehicles people want, don't get any assistance and keep paying the legacy costs. A reward for doing business the right way. Huh.
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
You'll be thrilled to know there is a problem with the emergency Sable's antenna and there is still nothing but electrical whine on the AM bands even though I installed new resistor plugs and wires. I am forced to depend on tiny snippets of what's really going on from the LWLM when they slip up and let the real news out.

I feel it's worth the effort though NPR is killing me. I do like Michael Feldman's "What Do You Know?", however.
Just read the Financial Times online. It is far enough away from American politics to not have a left/right spin and provides very good analysis of the economy, looking at US, Euro and Global perspectives. That is the quickest single way to grab clean info. Their editorials do cover all sides of the [world] political spectrum.

Go to Radio Shack and get a short antenna that slides on the back of the radio and lays on the dash. It's a cheap, dirty solution.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsbenz View Post
So GM and probably Chrysler file chapter 11 and lose the legacy costs, don't have to pay back the bailout money and start over. Ford apparently does a good job and makes some vehicles people want, don't get any assistance and keep paying the legacy costs. A reward for doing business the right way. Huh.
I think when all is opened up in bankruptcy courts and folks see just how small of a percentage those "legacy" costs from the unions actually are there is going to be some feet shuffling and averting of eyes as those who put the blame on those costs are going to have to find another demon to blame.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 10:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
You can't pass that crapola without some data.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I think when all is opened up in bankruptcy courts and folks see just how small of a percentage those "legacy" costs from the unions actually are there is going to be some feet shuffling and averting of eyes as those who put the blame on those costs are going to have to find another demon to blame.
"Small a percentage" of what? Percentages are ratios. You are doing math without a license again.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
37x
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 72 Pinto
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Is that a "feeling" or do you have some unique insight? Do you think when they do reorganize they will be able to lose the unions?
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Don't be so optimistic. The feds aren't done making failures.
Quote:
Quote:
You can't pass that crapola without some data.
Let's see, you prognosticate with "the feds aren't done making failures, fully without data, logic or support yet somehow you believe I can't trend the failure rates of actual businesses of the last year and analyze the trends and draw a conclusion.

I see you are back to same shit, different day. All talk, unsupportable yammering and then criticize others who are talking on topic.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in