LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 10:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You might want to tell the families setting in their homes on the night of Shock and Awe your thoughts. I am sure they would be impressed, if they weren't dead.

Now, General Petraeus said there were between 15,000 and 25,000 insurgents in Iraq in 2005. In a country of around 25MILLION in 2003, that puts the ratio of "jihadists" to "civilians" at 1:1,000. So, yes there are civilians.

Of course, after be blew the shit out of their country, I would assume that more of them are somewhat pissed at us than prior to Shock and Awe.
yip yip yip
And todays population in Iraq is over 31.2 MILLION

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Now THAT'S some serious whining. Like cotton candy, all cavity and sugary and air with no substance, all wound just a little too tightly around a little paper handle then hurled, helter skelter into the backseat of the car when the ferment reaches that maximum gaseous state.
"Whining" ... ya don't say?

You sound like the little boy who shoots his mouth off about what ever he wants and when called on it either runs away or cries like a girl and says how it's everyone "but" him who's wrong!

So where were you Mc B when Reid shot his mouth off to the American people saying how we were losing the war? When Clinton called Patreaus a liar? ... and so on...

What did you say about those lies?
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
yip yip yip
You might want to alert everyone, they seem to think it less than 30M.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/iz.html

You might also look at the median age for interest.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Well, there all estimates

Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 11:55 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
You might want to alert everyone, they seem to think it less than 30M.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/iz.html

You might also look at the median age for interest.

MP might be right, Iraq was invaded a few years ago by some suave, smooth, sophisticated fellas who went around the country spreading their fertile semen to any young Muslim girl who would cross to the other side of the road.....
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
"Whining" ... ya don't say?

You sound like the little boy who shoots his mouth off about what ever he wants and when called on it either runs away or cries like a girl and says how it's everyone "but" him who's wrong!

So where were you Mc B when Reid shot his mouth off to the American people saying how we were losing the war? When Clinton called Patreaus a liar? ... and so on...

What did you say about those lies?
Well, when Reid said it, he was dead correct. The surge was not in place, planning was 60 days behind on that action. In March 2007, we were at a lull and there was no proof that we had the leadership to get the job done. We certainly had the troops to do the job but we did not have proof that we had the leadership. Congress had been told story after story about just how easy these 25,000 insurgents would be to take out. They were told just how easy the war would be won [a slam dunk according to both Rumsfield and Cheney] and they were given mixed reports by the command from the field. Reid had 48 months of experience in seeing the "slam dunk" fail.

So, AT THE TIME, he was correct in his assessment. Good for us that he pissed off the Pentagon and they started proving him wrong.

So, to call them lies is incorrect.

Now, regarding Clinton, she questioned the integrity of Petraeus because she said he had not truthfully given honest testimony regarding the status in Iraq.

Quote:
“You have been made the de facto spokesman for what many of us believe to be a failed policy. Despite what I view as your rather extraordinary efforts in your testimony ... I think that the reports that you provide to us really require the willing suspension of disbelief.”
Now, do you have proof that she was wrong? Nobody else seems to. They bitch that she insulted him and called him a liar but never seem to give reasons WHY they think he was completely truthful. His testimony appeared to be somewhat political instead of a military assessment and did not match up with what others were seeing on the ground.
http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/pdfs...ny20070910.pdf

Taken as a whole, I give little consideration for what politicians say in their political posturing and I give little consideration for what political generals have to say when they cross that line from military to politic.

But then again, I don't get my opinion from either the left or right blogsphere so it is not tinted from the get-go.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Nice speech Jim! Maybe some day you'll have to "share" with everyone here what you said when the democrats were ripping the guts out of this country just so that they could cause the greatest divide that this country ever saw in politics.

What did you say when Reid said that we lost the war in Iraq? Or when Hilary was shooting her mouth over how we were not doing as well as we said we were and called Patraius a liar?

Where were you then Jim?

If the democrats could prove 1/10 the shit that they splatter on the American people just so they could put a nitwit in the Whitehouse then they should go after Bush and Cheyne and do with them what they want.

But let's face facts...... the democrats are nothing but mush mouthed lying packs of shit.

I wanna see Pelosi's ass thown out of DC if possible, and if not possible then I want her to suffer the same way she made others suffer.

Too much to ask for Jim?

You want peace now that the democrats won?

Peace? ..... I don't think so and people are starting to wake up from the mind fuck that they received from the democrats in the past 3 years and they ain't happy!

A whole lot of people want some "put up or shut up"!
So, you are defending Bush? One minute you say you don't give two shits for Bush and Cheney, and the next minute you want revenge for how they were mistreated by the Democrats. And then to get that revenge, you are cheerleading for "Peace....I don't think so..." with the cost being staying focused on fixing the mess we are in, thanks to Bush and Cheney. Given the disaster the past eight years was and the record being uncovered it won't be long until you goad the likes of Pelosi to begin fighting back with more, because it is apparent there is lots more.

You resemble an angry, spoiled child lashing out without thinking ahead of time about the consequences. In this case I believe you might get your wish - real investigations of real war crimes and willful disregard of our Constitution. Great.

Jim
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:

But then again, I don't get my opinion from either the left or right blogsphere so it is not tinted from the get-go.
Delving into comedy again, are we?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quote:
There are no "civilians" in a war zone. Just because they're out of uniform and under ten y/o means nothing when dealing Islamic Jihadists.
And all this time I thought you were just an ignorant partisan hack – have you no shame, Mr. Jayhawk?

Quote:
yip yip yip
The question need not be asked of you.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 07:46 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
So, you are defending Bush? One minute you say you don't give two shits for Bush and Cheney, and the next minute you want revenge for how they were mistreated by the Democrats. And then to get that revenge, you are cheerleading for "Peace....I don't think so..." with the cost being staying focused on fixing the mess we are in, thanks to Bush and Cheney. Given the disaster the past eight years was and the record being uncovered it won't be long until you goad the likes of Pelosi to begin fighting back with more, because it is apparent there is lots more.

You resemble an angry, spoiled child lashing out without thinking ahead of time about the consequences. In this case I believe you might get your wish - real investigations of real war crimes and willful disregard of our Constitution. Great.

Jim
Ok Jim....

Try to keep up if you can.

"IF" you have something on Bush and Cheyne the by all means prosecute them both to the fullest extent that the law will allow.

Don't fuck around shooting your mouth off like all the democrtats have been doing for years now .... just do it.

The problem is that you don't have anything on them...... McB doesn't have anything on them...... Pelosi ....Reid and the rest of the shit doesn't have anything on them ..... other than lies that is.

And with those lies you and those like you got your candidate elected. Hey! That's fine. But those who get elected should do what they say they are going to... do you think?

So fine! Put up or shut up time.

Let's open up that can of worms and see what wiggles out.

Ya wanna know why it won't get opened? Because if it does it will prove to the American people that the members of the Jackass Party deceived the population every chance they got.

Why do you think that Cheyne is now wanting documents brought out into the open? It's put up or shut up time on the hill and now it's time to start frying some ass. The only problem for you is that it isn't Bush and Cheyne's ass on the skillet.

Yep! I believe that some exit visa's are in the near future for some of your buddies.

Yep! It'll be fun watching them grow even more mouths that they can talk out of both sides of ...... kinda like some here!

The numbers of people want the democrats to "put up or shut up" is growing day by day... as is the numbers who believe that all democrats are lying packs of shit ..... as are the numbers who will start voting them out of office.

There is one thing that the democrat party can not live through ... ""the truth"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in