Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hillsboro, MO - You Are Now On The Map

But not in a good way. Looks like anyone graduating 4th grade in Hillsboro is screwed for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Psycho RWNJ
Subject: A letter to President Obama from a fourth grade teacher

April 17, 2009
Office of the President
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington , DC 20500

Mr. Obama:
I have had it with you and your Administration, sir. Your conduct on your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an adequate representative of the United States of America collectively or of me personally. You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the United States of America

You are responsible to the citizens of the United States .. You are not responsible to the peoples of any other country on earth.

I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not care about their status in the world. Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe ?

What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about? Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century? Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States? This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles governing this country come directly from this heritage, at least until you came along. Do you not understand this?
Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans. Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia . You don't show Great Britain, one of our best and our oldest allies, the respect they deserve yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia . How dare you, sir! How dare you!

You can't find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because you don't want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey? You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more respect than the people who saved the German people from themselves. What's the matter with you?

I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you.

You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real thieves in this situation, Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses, and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything? I seriously doubt it.

What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff members - on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves? I understand the average House aide got a 17% bonus. I took a 5% cut in my pay to save jobs with my employer. You haven't said anything about that. Who authorized that? I surely didn't!
Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $210 million in bonuses over an eighteen-month period, that's $45 million more than the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million - not a bad take. Who authorized that and why haven't you expressed your outrage at this group who are largely responsible for the economic mess we have right now.

I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what you idiots do. We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you.

I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities. I promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a chance to spend two terms destroying my beautiful country.

Sincerely,
On behalf of every REAL American

Ms Kathleen Lyday
Fourth Grade Teacher
Grandview Elementary School
11470 Hwy. C
Hillsboro, MO 63050
P.S. I rarely ask that emails be 'passed around'.............PLEASE
SEND THIS TO YOUR EMAIL LIST......it's past time for all Americans to wake up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 05:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Somebody's been listening to Beck or Hannity on the way home from school.

And if you wish to see the Rightwing Blogsphere in full bloom, just google [Kathleen Lyday]. 4400 hits.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Is she the next Sarah!?
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Also, nice avatar.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Is she the next Sarah!?
I don't think so, the letter, while zealous was at least reasonably articulate and to the point. There were no run-on sentences or thoughts that simply escaped into the

Quote:
Also, nice avatar.
It's a trend.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 11:07 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what's wrong with her telling the truth?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 11:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
So what's wrong with her telling the truth?
You confuse biased political opinion with truth.

And there are also false statements in the letter.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 11:24 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You confuse biased political opinion with truth.

And there are also false statements in the letter.
Really?

And here I am believing that it's your political bias that won't allow you to see the truth.

Which statment that she made is false?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 11:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Really?

And here I am believing that it's your political bias that won't allow you to see the truth.

Which statment that she made is false?
First, her letter was OPINION, not a document of FACT so the concept of truth is dubious from the beginning. While HER opinion, the information she wrote is not, in a majority of folk's eyes true.

As for the false statement, she said "This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles governing this country come directly from this heritage" which is incorrect.

While a repost...
This country was not founded on Christian principles. Our Founding Fathers were quite dubious of religious zealotry and were quite specific in NOT giving religion a seat in our government.

As examples.

Benjamin Franklin (Founding Father, scientist, inventor, philosopher) - Deist
George Washington (1st pres.) - Deist
John Adams (2nd pres.) - Unitarian
Thomas Jefferson (3rd pres.) - Deist
James Madison (4th pres.) - Deist
James Monroe (5th pres.) - Deist
John Quincy Adams (6th pres.) - Unitarian

Deism

You will notice from the religions and beliefs of many of the leading Founding Fathers and early leaders of the U.S., that most were of the Deist beliefs.

Deism is a philosophy that rejects supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and asserts that God does not intervene with the affairs of human life and the laws of the universe. What organized religions see as divine revelation and holy books, deists see as man-made fictions by other humans, rather than as authoritative sources. Deists believe that God's greatest gift to humanity is not religion, but the ability to reason.

The Constitution does not state the term God anywhere and the reference to “Creator” in the Declaration of Independence is often taken out of context. The Founding Fathers wrote “Creator” in the famous, “all men are created equal and that we are endowed from our Creator with certain unalienable Rights among them Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness” to mean God, but not the God of the Judeo-Christian tradition of a human-like person who sits in judgment over his flock.

Deism developed out of the Age of Enlightenment in Europe when there was a questioning of religious scriptures among leading intellectuals and philosophers. Deism virtually died out around the end of the 19th century because it primarily appealed to intellectuals, the highly educated, and philosophers and not the masses.

The main principles of Deism are the rejection of books that claim to be the revealed word of God (such as the Bible, the Qur’an, etc.), the rejection of stories of miracles and prophecies, and the rejection of the account of creation in Genesis (thus, effectively making Deism compatible to the theory of evolution).

As an almost non-theistic religion or philosophy that rejects the creationism of Genesis, Deism actually has more in common with the Eastern religions of Buddhism (The Dhamma), Daoism, and Confucianism; than it does to the big three Western religions of the Judeo-Christian tradition.

In God We Trust was not minted on coinage until Civil War era and printed on paper money until the mid 20th Century.
The rest of her letter is just articulate rambling. Beck would be proud.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Also, nice avatar.
Fixed it for ya.
Attached Images

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in