Attention Christians - It's Over - Page 22 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Swauve's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 2002 CLK 430 & 1989 Camaro RS Fuel Injected
Location: Murderland
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Yes, you did.

Revisit Post #180. Do you see the bit above mcbear's post where it says "Originally Posted by Stuantle"? That is there to clearly indicate that mcbear is addressing Stuantle. Just as I quoted part of your post to clearly indicate that I am addressing you. Get it?
Well Star maybe you are not as bright as the old guy acid tripn, it just so happens he quotes him twice sir. Pay attension. He quotes three periods and then "Really, stay out of the deep end, it was good advice". Now by him starting with really he is implying he:

1. Seconds the original speakers ststement; meaning....
2. Take the advice seriously.
3. He could of said a name, anyones could have been used.

Instead of "it was good advice", which is extra general in terms of who he is refering to, he could have simply said, "take your own advice".

Or at the least if he was in fact talking to stu he could have said, "YOU", and addressed someone clearly.

Maybe if he would have quoted something from Stu with substance I would have known he was talking about him, and not adding to the end of his remark with ummmmmm I don't know three f**king dots (usually used in America and the rest of the world, after TO BE CONTINUED... like so.

Think of it like this class the only things he added were "Really" and "it was good advice", which changes nothing from the original as to who he is aiming the comment at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were you guys my argument would not have been his quoting skills (...), it would have been, he says my name no where in that individual post.

You all are used to forum land talk sort a speak, hypothetically MCBear could have set that up to fool me into thinking he was talking bout me and then recallrd back to the specifics of the quote and have been justified by it even though it is unclear and light on just about everything that could be used to identify the target, in a plot to show the newbie the ropes. But I know he didn't and I am no averge Joe, so loss cause slave or the boss.
Have I still misunderstood?

Stereotypes are never 100% false!

"Life is fraud when your fake, but it's so hard when your real."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." -Edgar J. Mohn
"What up black cop, every brother ain't no brother." -Styles P
"Fat people on elevators are self explanatory and count as two for safety reasons."
"...and if you're going to die for a cause let be cause I was high, and they tried to take the Benz!"


G's Up...
Swauve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is not over until Jesus Christ says: "It is over".

And when he does, get frikking ready.

People much smarter than all of us here asked the question time and time again, no one had answered.

The purpose of life and universe is 42, as everybody knows. But is there God and if so, what are his motives, intentions and expected behavior?

Imagine being an ant and evaluating human behavior, motives and intentions.

Someone had mentioned Pascal's Wager here without explicitely calling it Pascal's Wager.
If it was good enough for Pascal, it is good enough for me.

Now I can do something useful instead of the fruitless arguments. I recommend you do the same.

What I have noticed once again is that atheists defend their "religion" of atheism much more fiercely than believers defend theirs. I wonder why.

Last edited by maine_coon; 05-18-2009 at 08:56 PM.
maine_coon is offline  
post #213 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
From my limited perspective on evolution I cannot see a smooth evolved link between modern man and Neanderthals. If I had to guess I would say God looked at Neanderthals and decided it wasn't good enough so he went back to the shop. That's about as far as I will take that discussion.
You can't be this fucking stupid, I'm sorry. Honestly.

You can't seriously be arguing that Neanderthals are evidentiary of God's failure to create - what, man?

Are you saying we're all Neanderthal v2.0? God fucked up on the first go 'round? The omniscient, omnipotent, perfect supreme being couldn't get us right on his first try? Is a defective vocabulary a requirement for being a religious whack job?

Perhaps the issue is that the "infallible and inerrant" Bible neglected to mention Neanderthals, yet we have evidence of them - exactly the opposite of Christ's resurrection.

What a bizarre, twisted mindfuck of a world you guys are living in.
Qubes is online now  
post #214 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Location: N/W Chicago in the cornfields
Posts: 12,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Maine Coon.
Regarding atheists...,Guilt? Fear of the unknown? That's a good part of it.

Q
Now you're claiming to be an evolutionary expert, eh? I've studied it for a long time as a novice, and sure don't know the answers. I've studied it from a non-religious mindset. As I stated elsewhere, the theory is a good one, and the evolutionary gaps are indeed closing at a rapid rate, but the gaps are NOT closed yet. Good science in time will probably get close or will actually do it. Science is NOT firm on it either, or it wouldn't be called evolutionary THEORY, by their own claims. It doesn't meet the scientific testing methodology as of yet to be called FACT. Maybe in time.
Was Neanderthal another of the many evolutionary links that dead ended? Sometimes I look around and see people that definitely look like they at least interbred. Some obvious looking traits in some peoples statures and skull formations. BUT who knows.

Regarding the RESURRECTION. You couldn't be further from the truth. Who would be the most likely to be critical of Christ rising? Answer: The Jewish. That said there is quite a bit of info and data that they have to support the resurrection claim (reluctantly) Still they don't buy it. Hmmm? There is Secular fact, Fact from Jewish sources, and fact from Christian sources(which should be the last source for that study).

This is why when YOU came up with the author refuting bible, I quickly gave you a reliable source from a author who was agnostic and wanted to disprove things like the bible and resurrection claims. He came out from his in depth studies finding just the opposite. It in fact converted him in mid writing of the book. The light came on in his mind, if you will. He now has a book out about the resurrection, that I have ordered up but have not read yet. over 2000 sources of resurrection proof from multiple sources (If I take what his site has to say of the book is correct).
Regardless, Josh McDowell's original book from 1978, still touches firmly on the resurrection subject in "Evidence Demands a Verdict"

Instead you make quick critical statements. of how (and to quote)"God fucked up" ?
Nice tolerance, Q !

Aardvark
aardvark is offline  
post #215 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 03:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Location: N/W Chicago in the cornfields
Posts: 12,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Stuantle. I have no problem chasing this subject, since it is something I have spent hours on researching. BUT then again, in christian circles there is a lot of division on the subject. Since evolution IS THEORY, I would still be talking THEORY.

Thus it is a futile thing to chase, but is an interest of mine. I believe in time, Good Science Facts, and Good Biblical Theology will Meld. For all we know, it could be after Christs return, however.

Aardvark
aardvark is offline  
post #216 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 03:25 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
You can't be this fucking stupid, I'm sorry. Honestly.

You can't seriously be arguing that Neanderthals are evidentiary of God's failure to create - what, man?

Are you saying we're all Neanderthal v2.0? God fucked up on the first go 'round? The omniscient, omnipotent, perfect supreme being couldn't get us right on his first try? Is a defective vocabulary a requirement for being a religious whack job?

Perhaps the issue is that the "infallible and inerrant" Bible neglected to mention Neanderthals, yet we have evidence of them - exactly the opposite of Christ's resurrection.

What a bizarre, twisted mindfuck of a world you guys are living in.

But how do you really feel Q. Me, I know I am a higher version, I have Man v3.2 stamped on the bottom of my scrotum, I'd post a pic to prove but you know the users here, Ed would be screaming ban and Shane would be screaming more and Dig would find something to say about the shape of my nutsack..........
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #217 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Maine Coon.
Regarding atheists...,Guilt? Fear of the unknown? That's a good part of it.

Q
Now you're claiming to be an evolutionary expert, eh? I've studied it for a long time as a novice, and sure don't know the answers. I've studied it from a non-religious mindset. As I stated elsewhere, the theory is a good one, and the evolutionary gaps are indeed closing at a rapid rate, but the gaps are NOT closed yet. Good science in time will probably get close or will actually do it. Science is NOT firm on it either, or it wouldn't be called evolutionary THEORY, by their own claims. It doesn't meet the scientific testing methodology as of yet to be called FACT. Maybe in time.
Was Neanderthal another of the many evolutionary links that dead ended? Sometimes I look around and see people that definitely look like they at least interbred. Some obvious looking traits in some peoples statures and skull formations. BUT who knows.

Regarding the RESURRECTION. You couldn't be further from the truth. Who would be the most likely to be critical of Christ rising? Answer: The Jewish. That said there is quite a bit of info and data that they have to support the resurrection claim (reluctantly) Still they don't buy it. Hmmm? There is Secular fact, Fact from Jewish sources, and fact from Christian sources(which should be the last source for that study).

This is why when YOU came up with the author refuting bible, I quickly gave you a reliable source from a author who was agnostic and wanted to disprove things like the bible and resurrection claims. He came out from his in depth studies finding just the opposite. It in fact converted him in mid writing of the book. The light came on in his mind, if you will. He now has a book out about the resurrection, that I have ordered up but have not read yet. over 2000 sources of resurrection proof from multiple sources (If I take what his site has to say of the book is correct).
Regardless, Josh McDowell's original book from 1978, still touches firmly on the resurrection subject in "Evidence Demands a Verdict"

Instead you make quick critical statements. of how (and to quote)"God fucked up" ?
Nice tolerance, Q !

Aardvark
1) Spare us your holier-than-thou nonsense. Judge not lest ye be judged. You're a christian, you're bound by that - I'm not - but either way, I welcome being judged by the creator. Religious whack jobs on the other hand...

2) There's no evidence outside the bible which stands scrutiny, supporting the claims of the resurrection. That's not the only such problem with the bible, but it's certainly a biggie.

3) Nobody is interested in challenge biblical-theory-book-author-pissing. Start your own thread if you want to do that.

4) You should be irate at Stuantle for suggesting that your God didn't know what he was doing with Neanderthal, not me - I just pointed out how utterly ridiculous one can be made to look when they try to make sense out of the bible.
Qubes is online now  
post #218 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 06:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Difflock's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1984 300GD "G" Wagen, and 1998 Steyr Puch 290GD "G" Van & a 1988 MB Trac 1000
Location: Co Antrim, Norn Ireland
Posts: 3,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Difflock
I' thinking it might of been quicker to have read the Bible
than this thread
The Bible might even of been more coherent too
Scheesh
Difflock is offline  
post #219 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,171
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflock View Post
I' thinking it might of been quicker to have read the Bible
than this thread
The Bible might even of been more coherent too
Scheesh
Stick to the Malt stuff and a good gun, it is safer

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is online now  
post #220 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 07:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Location: N/W Chicago in the cornfields
Posts: 12,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Q
....
to point #2
You are totally incorrect, and scrutiny is determined by compilation of evidence.
There is plenty of secular source material.
....
to point #3
You started the (so called ) challenge, and I am responding with equal , and in my opinion, more credible book sources. I don't start threads to cut down others views, which speaks to your point #1
.....
to point #4
Stuantle is talking hypothetical, and not critical of God. You want to spin it in another direction and get cruder about it. And that is why I called you out on it.

Aardvark
aardvark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Attacks haunt Indian Christians Teutone Off-Topic 1 12-26-2008 12:40 PM
    ATTENTION ATTENTION. do not play billiards with this guy! the clk man Off-Topic 56 11-14-2008 09:28 AM
    Holy and Hot: Christians Have Better Sex Than 'Swingers' Jayhawk Off-Topic 11 04-19-2008 12:47 PM
    Attention Attention All Liberals and Democrats here is the chance to put things right Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 4 05-09-2007 01:28 PM
    NY Times article. Those darned Christians and their singleminded views on homosexuality Botnst Off-Topic 6 07-05-2005 08:17 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome