Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've been doing that all along with current events in mine and others lives around me, and then there are the events of Christ which are not only well documented in biblical writings but secular writings in the same timeframe.. Much to pull from if you start searching it out. Also quite a bit of solid evidence on biblical writings
I even gave you a good book reference from an agnostic (as he wrote it) turned christian in the process of his research in trying to disprove biblical writings.
That was at the beginning of the postings here as a differing side of the posters subject matter.
Again the book, out since 1978, and many times updated and added to, is..
Josh McDowell, Evidence demands a Verdict. His newest book is in regards to the resurrection evidence. (I have that coming in and haven't yet read it) Josh.Org.
He is quite thorough.

Aardvark
post #123 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Enjoy your path McBear.
I hope for you, your right, but my gut tells me not so. My readings also say the same.
You know your heart, not me.
Again you ascribe hate to christianity , but it is instead genuine concern.. There is definitely judgment, and that you are correct on. He created you, I guess he can judge your actions in the end.
I see a contradiction in your beliefs of NO creator (if that indeed is your belief), from not only personal experience, but from the writings and things I see around me.
Prayers
Aardvark
You haven't been paying attention.

But I do enjoy my path. It takes me much further than the constrictions of the very limited path of Christianity. You keep saying "there is x" or "there is y" but they are all based totally on belief in an edited document written by guys 2000 or more years ago and then accumulated by a Pope who wanted to make a big, historical name for himself in 324. THAT is what ALL of your belief is based upon. Nothing else. ZERO proof. Just words in a book. But that is OK. Just understand that is what it is and enjoy that path without assuming that your path is somehow better than or the only path that is significant. Because it is not. And that is what this whole discussion boils down to. There are many paths, but none are magic. And none should be laden with piles of contradictions and bias and hate.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #124 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
I'd give real money if anteater would give a direct answer to a direct question of mine. Chicken shit nonsense....why do I bother.
post #125 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 08:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
I'd give real money if anteater would give a direct answer to a direct question of mine. Chicken shit nonsense....why do I bother.
Why do you "believe" you stand a better chance getting laid by a blond, newly divorced thirty something whose ex left her for a 24 year old?

It's an intangible.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #126 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 05:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
McBear
You're being simplistic about origins. I am far from inattentive, but instead disagree.
You speak of lack of evidence( yet you have given none for your views) and how there are many paths (which I definitely disagree).
What I do know of Buddhist beliefs is there is No God, thus No Heaven, which means the end is not the same, but instead "Nirvana" which is on earth. That is not another path to the same end, but instead more of a parallel path. BUT parallel lines never meet ( and in that I am being simplistic). The origins of Buddhism are far more intangible, and with far less proof.
If a Pope compiled the writings, good for him (and yes that has a basis in fact), but that was far from the beginning of the belief structure. The EDITING you speak of, I have spoken of as well. The editing has been checked and rechecked over generations with original documents, and found to be uncannily spot on. It started with Adam, and the first compilations start with Moses. Many authors through a long time span (not one book written LONG after the death of Buddha) put down info from their events, and strangely enough the writers agree, all the way from Genesis to Revelation. In fact Genesis even has reference to Revelation events. Go figure.
I have laid out some trues and PROOF, but if you don't want to check the points out, so be it.

BUT , I have not been inattentive. No contradiction, No hate. A bias? Yup!

Aardvark
post #127 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Real money.
post #128 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aardvark, et al,
Many posters seem to hang on single articles or single events centuries ago to base a weak premise. Just an excuse to keep an arms length away from God and to feign superiority over God. Sorry guys, God is like shrink wrap that you can't remove. You can attempt to ignore, but you can't remove him from your life.

They don't have to answer to you or me. They have to answer to God.
post #129 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Aardvark, et al,
Many posters seem to hang on single articles or single events centuries ago to base a weak premise. Just an excuse to keep an arms length away from God and to feign superiority over God. Sorry guys, God is like shrink wrap that you can't remove. You can attempt to ignore, but you can't remove him from your life.

They don't have to answer to you or me. They have to answer to God.
You must be a catholic

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #130 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 09:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^ Explain, please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in