Attention Christians - It's Over - Page 12 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:22 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Nice to see a thread with depth, knowledge, and significant thought so far prolonged regarding a book of pure fiction. Typical. Irony scores another raging hit. +1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
He knows, true.

I don't see how that has any bearing on the issue though. We are still free to choose a path even though God knows which path we will choose, we as people do not.
As long as the choice is one’s own, free of intimidation, fear, or guilt; and with the utmost respect for others’ choices – in this, I fear, most Christians fail.
post #113 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Actually Qubes if you think we know why Atoms attract you are wrong. So it would be you who is failing Physics.

You choose to not engage in the discussion that is fine. The whole point is that there is massive amounts of evidence as to God. You just choose to not acknowledge it.
You spoke of gravitation, now you refer to atomic and subatomic forces. I chose to ignore the edit of your first post on this topic and adhere to your original statement. One topic at a time. A discussion of gravitation need not and should not be polluted by ancillary topics of electromagnetism, strong force, and weak force. Once again, it seems clear that you have not completed your reading assignment. Perhaps it's best not to open your mind to facts, which might wash away your superstitious nonsense.

Once again, you refer to empirical evidence that lends support to the existence of god. yet fail to describe the quantifiable, falsifiable experiment that yields such results. We're all waiting with breathless anticipation, while you continue to suggest that your faith is so weak, you've provided this empirical construct in order to bolster it.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #114 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:19 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 2002 CLK 430 & 1989 Camaro RS Fuel Injected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post

Ok Swauve....

From now on when I am being sarcastic I will put up and emoticon and a flashing "sarcasm" sign near by.

... now go back to sleep!
and it don't stop!

I guess cuz you can't see me, you think I look as dumb as you sound. The old 1995, "I was being sarcastic you dumb ass" defense. Ha...if that was sacaizm the rest of us have know idea what it is.
Continue with the subject of the matter, be a big boy and chalk it up bra!

Stereotypes are never 100% false!

"Life is fraud when your fake, but it's so hard when your real."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." -Edgar J. Mohn
"What up black cop, every brother ain't no brother." -Styles P
"Fat people on elevators are self explanatory and count as two for safety reasons."
"...and if you're going to die for a cause let be cause I was high, and they tried to take the Benz!"

G's Up...
post #115 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Actually Qubes if you think we know why Atoms attract you are wrong. So it would be you who is failing Physics.

You choose to not engage in the discussion that is fine. The whole point is that there is massive amounts of evidence as to God. You just choose to not acknowledge it.
You're confusing GermanStar and I. Then again, you're confusing a lot of things...

For example, YOUR lack of understanding of a given topic does not necessarily mean it is not understood. By anyone. Ever.
post #116 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Enjoy your path McBear.
I hope for you, your right, but my gut tells me not so. My readings also say the same.
You know your heart, not me.
Again you ascribe hate to christianity , but it is instead genuine concern.. There is definitely judgment, and that you are correct on. He created you, I guess he can judge your actions in the end.
I see a contradiction in your beliefs of NO creator (if that indeed is your belief), from not only personal experience, but from the writings and things I see around me.
Prayers
Aardvark
post #117 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
^ How do you know the Book of Mormon isn't more valid than the Bible? Those who read it seem to feel like you do. Who is right - them or you?
post #118 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swauve View Post
and it don't stop!

I guess cuz you can't see me, you think I look as dumb as you sound. The old 1995, "I was being sarcastic you dumb ass" defense. Ha...if that was sacaizm the rest of us have know idea what it is.
Continue with the subject of the matter, be a big boy and chalk it up bra!

Nope!

I don't believe that at all.

You are much dumber! .... Oh! By the way ... that wasn't sarcasm!

By the way... What is "bra" bro?
post #119 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
They also believe in biblical writings and Joseph Smith finding his info from divine intervention. I disagree, but that is me.
Q.
I am aware of their beliefs, but am not going to pick apart all religions for entertainment and slash and burn tactics. As many and I have said, I don't buy into religions. I buy into biblical writings only. I buy into them for the proven events that have and are happening in regards to the writings. I find trues in it that I don't see elsewhere and I have looked.
I personally think the Mormon religion is slightly off base, but I am not going to go into detail. It's counter productive.

Aardvark
post #120 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 07:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Please give us some examples of these "proven events".

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in