Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
God indeed knows who will accept or reject. BUT we still have a free will, and we ultimately decide the worth of choosing his way. Predestination if you will.
Again, you're making God out to seem like some kind of penny-ante mob guy running a protection racket. "You can dooo waatchoo waaant, buddIgoddasay, idda be a SHAME if somthin BAD happened to youse on account ov da fact dat you didnn do what wee TOOOLT you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
TNT, you can lead a horse to water, but....
There are a lot of preconceptions of what christians are. Mostly wrong and quite intolerant, and yet we are claimed to be the same. I always see more ridicule coming from non-christians. Christians know the standards they should meet and some strive for it. Others know but don't strive hard enough. We understand the shortfalls, and are tolerant but not happy with them. The non christian will rub anything they can in your face and say "See!", or "Gotcha!" We deal with it in love and move on.
Actually, we're just sick of a bunch of mindless idiotic hypocrites trying to tell the rest of us how to live by way of influencing the political processes in this country. If the religious PAC's / Christian Coalition go away tomorrow, you'll never hear another word from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
And TNT, your explanation of original sin from Adam/Eve is spot on, and yet others don't put 2+2 together. Q keeps bringing up this Elizebeth as an example of God not stepping in but God didn't do the evil. The concept doesn't sink in.
Blessings
Aardvark
Answer me this - you have custody over an adult who is perfectly normal in every way but one; when in your presence, he reveals his every thought - even if you don't ask, and even if you don't respond. You are with this person 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no exceptions, but he cannot hear you. One day, you hear him say "I'm going to kill my wife and children. I'm going to take the gun in my closet, load it up with ammunition, and shoot all of them in their sleep." He says it over and over for weeks. You watch him clean his gun, unable to stop him. You tell no one. You ride along as he goes to the gun store to buy ammunition. You watch him drink a bottle of alcohol one night, announce "today is the day", grab his gun, and sit at the end of his child's bed for over an hour. You do nothing, telling no one, calling no one, rousing no one. He finally says "This is it", and shoots his child dead. He sees his wife awake, and shoots her dead as well, then proceeds to shoot his newborn dead as well.

He surrenders to police, and neighbors & family reveal to them during the investigation that you're always with him and while he cannot hear you, you hear everything he says. They question you, and you tell them that you had full knowledge in advance that he would do what he just did for weeks.

Do you think they'll say "Well, I guess it was free will" and let you go? Do you think the jury would be fair in sending you to jail for life for abetting the atrocities this man committed with your full knowledge? Do you think there is anything you could tell them that would prevent them, or that SHOULD prevent them, from putting you away for life?

Of course not. You're just as culpable as the crime's perpetrator, BECAUSE you had the ability to do something to stop it and didn't.

Here's the point. If you knowingly allow evil to be done, you're as guilty as the man who does it. That's called justice. If God is all knowing and continues to allow evil to be done to innocent people, he is unjust. End of story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Q
You miss the point again.

God doesn't cause the pain in this life. Another source is the cause of the pain.

Another point that is KEY to everything you typed, is this life of ~70 or so years is totally inconsequential to an eternity in time. This is the testing grounds "only".

These idiots of which you keep bringing up will burn in Hell for ............ ever. I also have a belief there are degrees of Hell, but nothing to back that up with. Heard it. but haven't looked into it.

Something else you said troubles me. that you bring up. I can't have PAC or organization support my views? What about you? Are you allowed to have a PAC support your views? There are definitely enough organizations fighting against my views and trying to inflict themselves on me and mine. So I should not be allowed(according to you) to stand up for my morals, as I watch thing effect me directly?
Ain't happenin Dude! Stand your ground, and I will do the same. However, I have NO ISSUE with you standing your ground. You, on the other hand...

Seems funny, on many issues, as I read your stuff, we are relatively close. Yet you get so pissy with a little religion on my end. Deal with it!

Aardvark
post #93 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
As I have pointed out before, what God does depends on whether is drunk or sober. Follow the true path.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #94 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:23 PM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Gotta enjoy the day.
Good day for a romp down the twisties.

Aardvark
are you going to let god drive???

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #95 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

He preferred being co-pilot and map reader.
He finds the best roads.

Aardvark
post #96 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:47 PM
slightly creased

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
He preferred being co-pilot and map reader.
He finds the best roads.

Aardvark
god told you that, huh? Where is your faith?

Ross

OzBenz

post #97 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
See Post #76.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #98 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Got faith in his driving, but I like to drive.
He's good with that. He gets bored with my Benz, but then he can afford the best.

Ha
Enjoy
Aardvark
post #99 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 07:08 PM
slightly creased

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
See Post #76.
aahhh, yes...

Ross

OzBenz

post #100 of 242 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Q
You miss the point again.
Nope, Q nailed the point hard and fast. You just choose to ignore it.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in