Couple's 'buy black' experiment becomes a movement - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:15 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsbenz View Post
Are you saying Obama "acts white"?
Obama is acting presidential. We needed that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I agree with Shane. This thread is ugly.
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I get my haircut in a black ghetto. The best!
I think you are lying. Your hair looks like it hasn't seen a pair of scissors in years. Much less cut by a barber with some actual talent. [sarcasm]

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Actually what I like about this couple is that they are buying from black business owners. They aren't boycotting white businesses.

There is a huge difference in my mind. One is done with a sense of helping one's peers. The other is done with the intent to punish and cause harm.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz 4 Benz View Post
When is the last time you have been in a black owned store and spent white dollars?
We go to a barbeque restaurant that is owned by black people. Since when did money have a color besides green? You're surely not suggesting that the government should print currencies spendable by certain races?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
"Act like the Obama family" "there are very few models, very few people to look up to, very few role models in the black community IMO" blah, blah!

You white guys can only speculate. Same negative assumptions can be said about caucasians too from our perspective.
Nutz, I am neither white nor black so I would be the last person to tell or suggest that one race should act like another race especially belonging to neither. My assessments are based on my observations and I can make these observations by taking one step back or as an outsider observing, looking in.

And as Drew suggested, acting or behaving a certain way is about culture and not race.

So you think Obama is white? I think I see some racism from your end. What, he is not 100% pure-breed black? Or is it that he graduated from a damn good university and has a great education? Or is it that he has a white mother? Or is it that he doesn't speak ebonics or that hip hop language and say, "you homies, I be yo head mutha-fuka, yo pre-si-dent!" Or is it that he is the most powerful man in the world? NUTZ, if all that means that Obama or someone is white, THEN HELL YES I AM TELLING YOU TO ACT WHITE!

Actually I am saying that one should act in a dignified manner, honest, hard word, educate himself, and set goals for himself as well as his family and raise his children with some great wholesome values and if a "culture" goes against these things then a "culture" should be abandoned. The culture that I am talking about AND I SEE IT ALL TOO OFTEN IN THE INNER CITY OF PHILLY due to my job is the hip-hop, gangsta, guns, sex, violence, drugs, teen pregnancies, women with 10 children all from different daddies who are in jail or dead or not being men and taking responsibility and these mothers are drug addicts and crack whores. This "culture" which is consuming the African American society in great numbers. Not all, but in great numbers. Unfortunately, kids from these moms cannot be expected to grow up and actually become functioning members of the society, nor will they. They grew up watching their mothers fucked by different guys every night, their own daddies not around, being abused by their mothers boyfriends. So to these kids, school is nothing, hard work is nothing, no right or wrong, no values. They want money NOW, and so they get into dealing, buy a gold chain, and a 1980 Chevy Caprice with wheels taller then them with spinners, and a ghetto box in the trunk that goes "boom", "boom". And yes, they will have their guns. They will either go to jail or die at the ripe old age of 16 but not before having impregnated several girls and the cycle starts all over for their bastard children because daddy is either dead or in jail.

It all starts with a family. I believe Bill Cosby is a very intelligent man and he has it 100% right.
As for me, I will say the following: "NO you don't have to act black or act white, you just HAVE TO ACT RIGHT!"

So tell me Nutz, is Obama white? No you dumbass, HE IS a role model for your race.
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Actually what I like about this couple is that they are buying from black business owners. They aren't boycotting white businesses.

There is a huge difference in my mind. One is done with a sense of helping one's peers. The other is done with the intent to punish and cause harm.
I agree.
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Boring Cars...meh!

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Ahhh, I see! Black people only own BBQ joints and barber shops

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
What's wrong with spinners? I have spinners, I am not using them but I have them for the right car... that works
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Ahhh, I see! Black people only own BBQ joints and barber shops
No, I used to go to an Italian barber, he was good when I was kid but I think kids haircuts are not appropriate for old farts like me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in