post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by p100 View Post
Here is a comparison of actual lungs - that of a non-smoker and a smoker. Can you tell which is which?
They both look dead to me...
Sponsored Links
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 12:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
I quit everything, including cigarettes, cold turkey in 9-10-97. The first few days I set goals of 15 minutes at a time. That was the best I could do without caving. Been free of everything except coffee since that day. If you want quit something bad enough you can do it.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 07:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 B 200 & Audi A6..
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
They both look dead to me...
Life is like a party.........Some leave early and some leave late.......but everybody leaves.
Clear lungs should mean better breathing with more energy to pursue our daily activities.

Wouldn't you want to enjoy life longer, with less misery and suffering?

It's obvious that smoking takes away from life's many future pleasures.
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 10:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2005
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Derek Lecours View Post
Life is like a party.........Some leave early and some leave late.......
Some it's best not to invite in the first place.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by steve58 View Post
My wife has tried all the patches, pills and gimmicks and still cant quit , so she started smoking these natural cigarettes, American Indian, no chemicals.
We tease about smoking the "healthy" cigarettes.

For the life of me I simply can't understand how anyone could possibly pop a 4mg Commit lozenge into their mouth ... allow it to disolve..which takes the better part of an hour, and still want to have a cigarette?

About 20 years ago I decided to quit smoking and threw my two packs of smokes out the window one morning on the way to work.

I didn't smoke for 2 years on shear will power, and was probably the nastiest bastard this side of hell. I can honestly say that I wanted a cigarette every waking minute and even dreamed about them. I also could not stand to have a drink because a beer and a cigarette seemed to go hand in hand .... so I didn't have a drink for two years either.

Low and behold .... one day the bride walks in and plunks a case oif beer and a carton of cigarettes on my lap and says, "Here! Take these".

Shocked I said, "But I though that you wanted me to quit smoking"? ..... "Yes! I do, but it's gonna take these a lot longer to kill you than it will me and I don't want to go to prison... enjoy".

Ahhh ... the spector of a cold case of beer and a full carton of chokes was too much for me and I smoked better than a pack that evening with my beers.

Funny thing is that the beer tasted like shit and I didn't care about it, while the cigarette was heavenly. It was like I never stopped at all.

In those two years of self-torment I can honestly say there was absolutely nothing that I ever did that I believed couldn't have went better with a cigarette in my mouth. ....... yep! Even that!

I can remember being gased with Tear and CN and having a smoke right after ...... I remember having pneumonia and sneaking out of the hospital .... yep! I had it bad enough top be hospitalized .... just to smoke. I have turned around 30 miles out at sea just because I left my smokes in my car to get them. The funny thing was the next time I took the same guys out and before I told them to cast off the lines I asked them , "Ok... Did we forget anything"?, and was hit with 20 packs of cigarettes while the four of then were saying , "shove these up your ass". Laughing I said, "Nahhhh... I'll smoke them".... 2 seconds later I got hit in the head with a small box of Tampons with the 4 of them laughing..... "then use these ya bitch".

What is better than waking up and lighting up? What's better with a beer? What's better after sex? What's better after a meal? What's better while riding a horse? What's better while filling the lawn mover with gasoline? What's better while holding your grandkids? What's better while doing anything?

Lately I have found out that peeling onions, sitting on a thunb tack, getting scratched by a cat, and a whole buinch of other things is better than smoking.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not now some "holier than thou" who will becry the evils of smoking. I believe that everyone who smokes knows deep down that it just isn't good for you. As far as I know there is no "smoke" that is benificial. After all! Who goes outside and burns their trash and stands there basking in the fumes of smoldering mail, cardboard and plastic?

I can honestly say that the minute that I took the first Commit 4mg lozenge I have had absolutely no desire for a cigarette and I am amazed.

Many, many years ago I happened to run out of smokes at a very unopportune time. I asked a fella who just happened to have a carton on him for a pack. He laughed and said, "Fuck you .... be prepared next time". I looked at him and said, as I started taking my gear off, "Either you'll give me a pack, wich I will pay you handsomly for, or in about 10 seconds I will have them all". Addiction ... I guess.... can be that strong.

... oh... he threw me a pack!

I'm no crusader, but seeing that this stuff really do work on what I consider one of the worlds most hardcore smokers I figure that the sharing of this info to others is kind of a duty.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Never smoked but I AM familiar with that first slice of pizza in the morning.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Big B View Post

Why not say that when someone shows concern?

Couldn't you?
I don't get what you mean and I mean this in a friendly way, I simply do not understand what you are getting at?? Please tell me thanks

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 AM
worst mod in BW history
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Before I click, is that safe for work?
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
^ Before I click, is that safe for work?

It was filmed in Drew's basement or at a Pingpong show in Thailand, you decide.........
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: