Looks like an Angel is about ready for some wings... - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 01:03 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
cozette's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My wife is in her third year of fighting colon cancer. We’ve done two bouts of chemo and one of radiation. Today for Mothers day she’s watching old movies and swallowing painkillers. She had me read a book to her when we first learned of her cancer called “Freedom from the Known” by, Jiddu Krishnamurti, which she found very comforting. For her, she has embraced the eastern point of view of unity versus the Christian POV of division. You know, the one is in the all and the all is in the one. Maybe if each of us cared more about one another it would be a better world. It’s hard to see that realistically being possible but I suppose one person can make a difference. It was the sole reason we voted for Obama. I think he gets the unity vs. division message in spite of his stated Christian beliefs. I hope so anyway.
I will say this about cancer. One of the first things you realize is that we all live with a certain degree of denial in our lives. When you get cancer…that goes away. And that’s a good thing. How odd that things don't get real till shite hits the fan...

When devils will the blackest sins put on, they do suggest, at first with heavenly shows - Othello

Last edited by cozette; 05-10-2009 at 01:52 PM.
cozette is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
If I put up $50 for everyone that " said" they were going to pray, and I have no clue wether they really would, how broke,how fast would I be. I could do that all day with street people if I wanted to if I was looking for a charity. Besides I give plenty.
Not such an idiot as you may think.

Simply again for the 4th time. You cannot speak with knowledge of spiritual matters and cut anyone down without trying what I suggest.

You yell out to God to reveal himself to you, I can pretty much guess what the results are going to be if you are at all serious. You yell at him. "No way in hell I will believe in you without you making yourself known!"

Good luck, because something will happen. maybe not right away, but it will in Gods time.
No guts? You want an answer don't ya?
Otherwise you have little standing in my book to discuss spiritual matters.

This is not a cut down, Dope, this is an opinion, and I don't think you are a bad person in the least for disbelief.

Aardvark.
You also seem to suffer from amnesia.

Firstly, I've previously explained to you that I attended a Christian primary school until age eleven. So what with that and my certifiable 'born again' inlaws, I have had plenty of experience of praying and all the other mumbo-jumbo related to Christianity. Therefore I am perfectly qualified to 'speak of spiritual matters' as they relate to Christianity.


Secondly, it is YOU who has repeatedly 'dared' ME to pray. In response, I have offered to do your bidding in return that you make a charitable donation if I fail to be 'touched' by your god. You have so little faith in your conviction that your god will respond to me that you are not prepared to risk a charitable donation.

This is the reason I call you out as a charlatan.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is online now  
post #103 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
@ Cozette

Wishing you and your wife good fortune and strength in dealing with her illness. I hope medical science prevails for you both.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is online now  
post #104 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jody's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Location: Somebeach...
Posts: 6,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
You know some of you just make me sick. This was a thread about a woman and mother who has been through hell and back in her life and with her health. I watched both of my parents suffer through cancer treatments just to die fighting for life. There are members of BW who are battling cancer or members of their families are and you people start a battle ground over someone else's tragedy. Life is what it is. We all deal with it the best we can and hope we do better for the people we love and care about. And, if you jack offs can't have an ounce of human decency or compassion for another human that is suffering then you are the ones I pity.
Get over yourselves and get a life, and if you can't do that give your life to someone who wants more than to just be a jerk.
You know we all are entitled to our beliefs but we are not entitled to shove them down others throats.
It's Mothers day. Go hug your mom, wife, sister, daughter or any person that means anything to you at all and thank them for being part of your life. Some of you don't deserve them.
Jody.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
Jody is offline  
post #105 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
You know some of you just make me sick. This was a thread about a woman and mother who has been through hell and back in her life and with her health. I watched both of my parents suffer through cancer treatments just to die fighting for life. There are members of BW who are battling cancer or members of their families are and you people start a battle ground over someone else's tragedy. Life is what it is. We all deal with it the best we can and hope we do better for the people we love and care about. And, if you jack offs can't have an ounce of human decency or compassion for another human that is suffering then you are the ones I pity.
Get over yourselves and get a life, and if you can't do that give your life to someone who wants more than to just be a jerk.
You know we all are entitled to our beliefs but we are not entitled to shove them down others throats.
It's Mothers day. Go hug your mom, wife, sister, daughter or any person that means anything to you at all and thank them for being part of your life. Some of you don't deserve them.
Jody.
Yes, this thread started with a news story about a celebrity's losing battle with cancer and understandably developed into a broader discussion regarding the causes of and treatments available for the disease. The celebrity involved or any of her family are very unlikely to be viewing it. Other people have chosen to include their own experiences and views of the disease. This is what open fora are all about. If through your own personal experiences you are unable to participate in such a subject without becoming deeply and personally emotional to the point you become hysterical, perhaps you may want to be more selective in what you read.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is online now  
post #106 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:57 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,124
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Cozette, all the best man, I hope your wife pulls through! Do you have kids?
DP is offline  
post #107 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jody's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Location: Somebeach...
Posts: 6,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
Yes, this thread started with a news story about a celebrity's losing battle with cancer and understandably developed into a broader discussion regarding the causes of and treatments available for the disease. The celebrity involved or any of her family are very unlikely to be viewing it. Other people have chosen to include their own experiences and views of the disease. This is what open fora are all about. If through your own personal experiences you are unable to participate in such a subject without becoming deeply and personally emotional to the point you become hysterical, perhaps you may want to be more selective in what you read.
Did I single you out? Or anyone else for that matter? This is OT and I am stating how I feel about some of the posts in this matter nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with my personal experiences it has to do with compassion or lack there of by some members of this forum. You should do what is right for you to get you through and be damned with what others say. And, bashing people for doing what is right for them is not our call nor do we have the right to beat them up for it.
Also, just to set the record straight "hysterical" not even close.
Disgusted, absolutely.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
Jody is offline  
post #108 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Moderator
 
gerkebi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Location: E-I-E-I-Ohio
Posts: 5,920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cozette, my heart goes out to you. Hang in there man.
gerkebi is offline  
post #109 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 04:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
Did I single you out? Or anyone else for that matter? This is OT and I am stating how I feel about some of the posts in this matter nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with my personal experiences it has to do with compassion or lack there of by some members of this forum. You should do what is right for you to get you through and be damned with what others say. And, bashing people for doing what is right for them is not our call nor do we have the right to beat them up for it.
Also, just to set the record straight "hysterical" not even close.
Disgusted, absolutely.
I didn't suggest that you did single me out. My point was that since you specifically mentioned your experience with your parents and seemed to be somewhat distraught and exited, I wouldn't like you to upset yourself over an OT topic. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is online now  
post #110 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,250
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Cozette - I'm sure the pain would be unimaginable, and I hope your wife doesn't have occasion to feel it full-on. Best of luck in your journey.
Qubes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Angel Eyes 8pack R170 SLK-Class 9 04-07-2008 08:56 AM
    Angel Eyes 142 TPL R170 SLK-Class 11 04-14-2007 08:26 AM
    angel tuning UK youngjon R170 SLK-Class 0 08-27-2006 05:09 PM
    Road Angel TypeR R171 SLK-Class 7 07-30-2006 08:40 AM
    Road Angel 2 gruffy W210 E-Class 0 10-06-2004 09:05 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome