Looks like an Angel is about ready for some wings... - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 01:03 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My wife is in her third year of fighting colon cancer. We’ve done two bouts of chemo and one of radiation. Today for Mothers day she’s watching old movies and swallowing painkillers. She had me read a book to her when we first learned of her cancer called “Freedom from the Known” by, Jiddu Krishnamurti, which she found very comforting. For her, she has embraced the eastern point of view of unity versus the Christian POV of division. You know, the one is in the all and the all is in the one. Maybe if each of us cared more about one another it would be a better world. It’s hard to see that realistically being possible but I suppose one person can make a difference. It was the sole reason we voted for Obama. I think he gets the unity vs. division message in spite of his stated Christian beliefs. I hope so anyway.
I will say this about cancer. One of the first things you realize is that we all live with a certain degree of denial in our lives. When you get cancer…that goes away. And that’s a good thing. How odd that things don't get real till shite hits the fan...

When devils will the blackest sins put on, they do suggest, at first with heavenly shows - Othello

Last edited by cozette; 05-10-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
If I put up $50 for everyone that " said" they were going to pray, and I have no clue wether they really would, how broke,how fast would I be. I could do that all day with street people if I wanted to if I was looking for a charity. Besides I give plenty.
Not such an idiot as you may think.

Simply again for the 4th time. You cannot speak with knowledge of spiritual matters and cut anyone down without trying what I suggest.

You yell out to God to reveal himself to you, I can pretty much guess what the results are going to be if you are at all serious. You yell at him. "No way in hell I will believe in you without you making yourself known!"

Good luck, because something will happen. maybe not right away, but it will in Gods time.
No guts? You want an answer don't ya?
Otherwise you have little standing in my book to discuss spiritual matters.

This is not a cut down, Dope, this is an opinion, and I don't think you are a bad person in the least for disbelief.

Aardvark.
You also seem to suffer from amnesia.

Firstly, I've previously explained to you that I attended a Christian primary school until age eleven. So what with that and my certifiable 'born again' inlaws, I have had plenty of experience of praying and all the other mumbo-jumbo related to Christianity. Therefore I am perfectly qualified to 'speak of spiritual matters' as they relate to Christianity.

Secondly, it is YOU who has repeatedly 'dared' ME to pray. In response, I have offered to do your bidding in return that you make a charitable donation if I fail to be 'touched' by your god. You have so little faith in your conviction that your god will respond to me that you are not prepared to risk a charitable donation.

This is the reason I call you out as a charlatan.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
post #103 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

@ Cozette

Wishing you and your wife good fortune and strength in dealing with her illness. I hope medical science prevails for you both.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
post #104 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
You know some of you just make me sick. This was a thread about a woman and mother who has been through hell and back in her life and with her health. I watched both of my parents suffer through cancer treatments just to die fighting for life. There are members of BW who are battling cancer or members of their families are and you people start a battle ground over someone else's tragedy. Life is what it is. We all deal with it the best we can and hope we do better for the people we love and care about. And, if you jack offs can't have an ounce of human decency or compassion for another human that is suffering then you are the ones I pity.
Get over yourselves and get a life, and if you can't do that give your life to someone who wants more than to just be a jerk.
You know we all are entitled to our beliefs but we are not entitled to shove them down others throats.
It's Mothers day. Go hug your mom, wife, sister, daughter or any person that means anything to you at all and thank them for being part of your life. Some of you don't deserve them.
Jody.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
post #105 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
You know some of you just make me sick. This was a thread about a woman and mother who has been through hell and back in her life and with her health. I watched both of my parents suffer through cancer treatments just to die fighting for life. There are members of BW who are battling cancer or members of their families are and you people start a battle ground over someone else's tragedy. Life is what it is. We all deal with it the best we can and hope we do better for the people we love and care about. And, if you jack offs can't have an ounce of human decency or compassion for another human that is suffering then you are the ones I pity.
Get over yourselves and get a life, and if you can't do that give your life to someone who wants more than to just be a jerk.
You know we all are entitled to our beliefs but we are not entitled to shove them down others throats.
It's Mothers day. Go hug your mom, wife, sister, daughter or any person that means anything to you at all and thank them for being part of your life. Some of you don't deserve them.
Jody.
Yes, this thread started with a news story about a celebrity's losing battle with cancer and understandably developed into a broader discussion regarding the causes of and treatments available for the disease. The celebrity involved or any of her family are very unlikely to be viewing it. Other people have chosen to include their own experiences and views of the disease. This is what open fora are all about. If through your own personal experiences you are unable to participate in such a subject without becoming deeply and personally emotional to the point you become hysterical, perhaps you may want to be more selective in what you read.

post #106 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:57 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Cozette, all the best man, I hope your wife pulls through! Do you have kids?
post #107 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
Yes, this thread started with a news story about a celebrity's losing battle with cancer and understandably developed into a broader discussion regarding the causes of and treatments available for the disease. The celebrity involved or any of her family are very unlikely to be viewing it. Other people have chosen to include their own experiences and views of the disease. This is what open fora are all about. If through your own personal experiences you are unable to participate in such a subject without becoming deeply and personally emotional to the point you become hysterical, perhaps you may want to be more selective in what you read.
Did I single you out? Or anyone else for that matter? This is OT and I am stating how I feel about some of the posts in this matter nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with my personal experiences it has to do with compassion or lack there of by some members of this forum. You should do what is right for you to get you through and be damned with what others say. And, bashing people for doing what is right for them is not our call nor do we have the right to beat them up for it.
Also, just to set the record straight "hysterical" not even close.
Disgusted, absolutely.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
post #108 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 04:02 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cozette, my heart goes out to you. Hang in there man.
post #109 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 04:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
Did I single you out? Or anyone else for that matter? This is OT and I am stating how I feel about some of the posts in this matter nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with my personal experiences it has to do with compassion or lack there of by some members of this forum. You should do what is right for you to get you through and be damned with what others say. And, bashing people for doing what is right for them is not our call nor do we have the right to beat them up for it.
Also, just to set the record straight "hysterical" not even close.
Disgusted, absolutely.
I didn't suggest that you did single me out. My point was that since you specifically mentioned your experience with your parents and seemed to be somewhat distraught and exited, I wouldn't like you to upset yourself over an OT topic. Nothing more, nothing less.

post #110 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Cozette - I'm sure the pain would be unimaginable, and I hope your wife doesn't have occasion to feel it full-on. Best of luck in your journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in