JUST IN: Ex-soldier convicted in Iraq rape, 4 slayings - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Apr 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
So people here say that he is a hero for serving and he is innocent until proven guilty and you guys on the left turn that into "Conservatives want to give him a pass"?

So his verdict just came in and he was found guilty. That is what matters.

It seem that those on the left here want to convict people of crimes before there trial.

Funny, didn't we fight a revolutionary war for principles such as "Innocent until PROVEN guilty" and fair trials and all that extremist right kind of stuff?
I thought that the title of this thread was something like "Ex-GI found guilty in Iraq rape & 4 murders" or something like that.

I have to say that the word "Hero" get's stretched pretty thin on it's meaning these days.

I spent a bit of time in uniform and am still involved with some verterans groups that deal mostly with taking care of the young veterans these days and even though I have been in or around the military for about 40 years I have only personally met 3 men whom I consider "Heros".

"HERO"
Myth., Legend a man of great strength and courage, favored by the gods and in part descended from them, often regarded as a half-god and worshiped after his death
any person, esp. a man, admired for courage, nobility, or exploits, esp. in war
any person, esp. a man, admired for qualities or achievements and regarded as an ideal or model

There is something called the "Code of Conduct" that each and every member of the armed forced has to memorize and they go like this.

The Six Articles of The Code of Conduct

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way
of life
. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never
surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to
resist.

If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will
make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither
parole nor special favors from the enemy.

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners.
I will give no information or take part in any action which might be
harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will
obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me, and will back them up in
every way.

When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give
only my name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering
further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or
written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to
their cause.

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom,
responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my
country free
. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

Somehow that godless rapist shitbag forgot that he was representing the people of the United States of America ............ especially when he used his rifle and his gun in a un-military cowardly manner.

This isn't not nor should this be some sort of pissing contest of left wing vs. right wing.

This is a clear cut case between right or wrong....... regardless of what political party anyone belongs to.

There was a time when before a unit deployed everyone would get the "You are a minister of goodwill from the United States even though you may have to shoot some of these assholes..." speech.

I had been known to add to that with, "Remember ....thou shalt not have relations with any woman who doesn't invite you to her party ... and Charles E. ..... should you find something other than a farm animal that finds you attractive... leave at least a foot and a half of that thing in mid-air! We don't want to kill any friendlies by mistake. Wear your galashes ........ don't take nothing home but memories".

He like all other rapist/murders should swing from a tree limb .

Last edited by Big B; 05-08-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: error in text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 12:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post

He like all other rapist/murders should swing from a tree limb .
NOW that he has been FOUND guilty in court by jury!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #23 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
NOW that he has been FOUND guilty in court by jury!
Yes! That would be true!

Who but an asshole would want to execute a man or woman who was not convicted ?

The title and first paragraph of this thread is:

Ex-soldier convicted in Iraq rape, 4 slayings
By BRETT BARROUQUERE - Associated Press Writer

PADUCAH, Ky. -- A federal jury convicted a former soldier Thursday of raping and fatally shooting a 14-year-old girl after killing her parents and younger sister while he was serving in Iraq.

... Maybe there's something that I'm missing here .... probably because I haven't been around for the left/right pissing contests that have transpired in the past here.

"Right and Wrong" should have nothing to do with "left and right".
post #24 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes! That would be true!

Who but an asshole would want to execute a man or woman who was not convicted ?

The title and first paragraph of this thread is:

Ex-soldier convicted in Iraq rape, 4 slayings
By BRETT BARROUQUERE - Associated Press Writer

PADUCAH, Ky. -- A federal jury convicted a former soldier Thursday of raping and fatally shooting a 14-year-old girl after killing her parents and younger sister while he was serving in Iraq.

... Maybe there's something that I'm missing here .... probably because I haven't been around for the left/right pissing contests that have transpired in the past here.

"Right and Wrong" should have nothing to do with "left and right".
It's not hard to guess who they are!

Whoops, I can see the PM coming in now!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.

Last edited by Multipurpose; 05-08-2009 at 01:14 PM.
post #25 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Look at them jump for joy because a U.S. Service member was found guilty!!
I see cluelessness has not left you since your visit to California

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #26 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
If this had been Bush era, he would be acquitted. Bad Democrats, they always mess up God's plans. Can't we all help the dude out and write to our representatives that he simply killed an insignificant ayrab and that there is nothing to it? Can't we all make this political rather than a criminal act and give him the support he deserves because he was put in this position where he had no choice but to kill the ones that harmed us on 9/11?
Stu, multi, milfy, bottom are you going to leap for his defense or are you going to coward and pretend that you didn't see this post? Let me remind you, he was fighting for our freedoms and he had all the rights of the spoils of war yet we are now denying him his basic right to live in freedom. Come on, rise up!
Quite the comedian, aren't you Drool or did the monkey type your post? You ought to be on a stage, the first one out of town! You're a real card, you ought to be dealt with!
post #27 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:16 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Convicted! Now let's wait for sentencing...
Like this case
Quote:
Man Sentenced to Probation in Retaliatory Killing in Afghanistan

By Josh White
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 8, 2009 3:17 PM

Amidst a mundane conversation about fuel prices, Abdul Salam doused an American anthropologist with gasoline and lit her on fire, an attack in a small Afghan village last year that was as ferocious as it was unexpected. When Don M. Ayala learned what had happened to his colleague moments after subduing and handcuffing Salam, he placed his 9mm pistol against Salam's head and pulled the trigger, killing the detainee instantly.

Ayala, a former Army Ranger who was working on Afghanistan's battlefields as a contractor, admitted his crime and later entered a guilty plea to voluntary manslaughter in what U.S. federal prosecutors called an "execution." Although prosecutors urged Judge Claude M. Hilton to impose a jail sentence of at least six years, in an Alexandria federal courtroom today Hilton spared Ayala jail time because of the horrific and emotional circumstances that preceded the slaying.

Hilton instead sentenced Ayala, 46, to five years of probation and a fine of $12,500, a result that Ayala's defense attorney said reflected justice in a case that was as much about the horrible death of Paula Loyd, 36, as it was about the killing of Salam.

"The court recognized that this was an extraordinary case and that Mr. Ayala was put in an extraordinary position in which many others could have reacted the same way," said Michael Nachmanoff, a federal public defender who represented Ayala. "The focus of this case should be on the tragic loss of Paula Loyd."

Loyd was working in Afghanistan on a Pentagon project to better understand rural Afghanistan's communities. A vivacious woman who was described as caring deeply about the war-ravaged area, she was beloved by her colleagues. Salam's November attack left Loyd with severe burns over 60 percent of her body, and she survived two agonizing months before succumbing to her injuries in January at an Army hospital in Texas.

Immediately after the attack, Ayala helped apprehend Salam, whose motivations remain unknown. When Ayala learned that Loyd had been burned and was writhing in pain nearby, he killed Salam almost immediately, according to court documents.

Prosecutors argued that Ayala, with decades of military experience, should have known that shooting Salam was illegal and should have been able to control himself. Although prosecutors said Salam deserves no sympathy, they also argued that Ayala exacted illegal revenge on a then-incapacitated detainee. Salam's motive and potential terrorist co-conspirators will never be known because he was slain.

"For what he did to Ms. Loyd, Salam probably deserved to die, but not when and as he did," wrote Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael E. Rich. "That was not Ayala's decision to make, but he made it nevertheless -- and perhaps understandably so."

Ayala, of New Orleans, had extensive security experience and guarded top Iraqi and Afghan leaders during the past several years, including working on Afghan President Hamid Karzai's security detail from 2002 to 2004. Ayala returned to Afghanistan in September and was working with Loyd in the village of Chehel Gazi in Kandahar province when the attack occurred on Nov. 4.

Nachmanoff said in court documents that Ayala had a visceral response to learning of Loyd's injuries and in a "perfect storm" of conditions abandoned his years of discipline and made the wrong choice. In the documents, Ayala said he was stricken with emotion.

"I was overcome with the horror of what he had done to her, knowing that she was suffering and that she would never be the same, even if she lived," Ayala said, according to the documents.

Nachmanoff said Ayala accepts full responsibility for his actions and regrets the events that transpired that day. The voluntary manslaughter conviction means that Ayala will not be allowed to carry a firearm, and the provisions of his probation include that he have no security or protection-related employment for the next five years.
Man Sentenced to Probation in Retaliatory Killing in Afghanistan
In conclusion:
Their lives are cheaper than ours
post #28 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Quite the comedian, aren't you Drool or did the monkey type your post? You ought to be on a stage, the first one out of town! You're a real card, you ought to be dealt with!
Are you going to complain that I have induced undue pain and suffering to your poor soul, so now you're gonna do what again?
post #29 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Come on Drew....

This has everything to do with right and wrong... not political parties.

And truthfully Drew ... show me a man or woman who could or would ever condone rape and I'll show you a godless , souless, P.O.S. that isn't worth of being executed with a high priced bullet.
Drew was being sarcastic.
post #30 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:26 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Convicted! Now let's wait for sentencing...
Like this case

In conclusion:
Their lives are cheaper than ours
Hold on Drew...

I think that there's one hell of a difference here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in