Republicans Whine Instead of Try to Govern At All - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think both sides have that perception.

The thing the Left didn't have, and never wanted to have was the Rush/Beck/Hannity deal and the ancillary blogsphere that has sprung up with it.

If the entire issue is Mitch McConnell and Bohner and their Obstructionism, I can usually deal with and understand that, much like Daschle and Gephardt in 2001. They know when to BS and when to get down to business.

On the other hand, when you add the wind up element, there are a group of folks that have proven not to be able to think for themselves and fall prey to Fear, Uncertainty, Dread and Confusion. Just look at the stir that Limbaugh has caused within the Republican Party. Half the party can't even define itself any longer and only 21% of one recent poll defined themselves as Republicans. That is not post election damage. That is something entirely different.

For your party I couldn't care less. For the potential damage it can do to MY Country, I care a tremendous amount.
I love it when people who are not of the party try to define what the party is.

So very comical.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
So let me get this straight...

The Republicans are told to do whatever they want so long as they agree with Obama because "He won." So the Republicans go out and tell people that the President is not willing to work with them unless they agree with him.

And this is somehow snubbing the President?

Wow. No wonder Obama's policies make sense to you.
As usual reading comprehension has eluded you. NO, you don't have it straight.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
I love it when people who are not of the party try to define what the party is.

So very comical.
Who else can be objective. It's like you trying to define how well you look. It can't be done. Outside eyes are the only ones that can provide that.

And it's not define, by the way, we are just observing, analyzing and commenting. You guys are defining yourselves just fine.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
As usual reading comprehension has eluded you. NO, you don't have it straight.
Well it seems yet again that you are not grounded in reality because that is how it has happened despite what your LWE Blogging buddies tell you.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Stuantle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bear,
It was just freaky that you would say the same exact things that Pubs said about Dems when it came to getting attacked. Just like when Harry said the war was lost.
Stuantle is offline  
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Stuantle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
So let me get this straight...

The Republicans are told to do whatever they want so long as they agree with Obama because "He won." So the Republicans go out and tell people that the President is not willing to work with them unless they agree with him.

And this is somehow snubbing the President?

Wow. No wonder Obama's policies make sense to you.
OBEY OBAMA!
Attached Images
 
Stuantle is offline  
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
37x
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 72 Pinto
Location: In the denizens of my mind, apparently
Posts: 6,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think both sides have that perception.

The thing the Left didn't have, and never wanted to have was the Rush/Beck/Hannity deal and the ancillary blogsphere that has sprung up with it.
If the entire issue is Mitch McConnell and Bohner and their Obstructionism, I can usually deal with and understand that, much like Daschle and Gephardt in 2001. They know when to BS and when to get down to business.

On the other hand, when you add the wind up element, there are a group of folks that have proven not to be able to think for themselves and fall prey to Fear, Uncertainty, Dread and Confusion. Just look at the stir that Limbaugh has caused within the Republican Party. Half the party can't even define itself any longer and only 21% of one recent poll defined themselves as Republicans. That is not post election damage. That is something entirely different.

For your party I couldn't care less. For the potential damage it can do to MY Country, I care a tremendous amount.
Please, the left would kill to have the equivalent of a Rush, Hannity, Beck. They can't have it so they push the fairness doctrine.
Personally I wouldn't listen to ANY of them from either side, but be honest, you know the left is jealous as hell of the success of right wing talk shows.
37x is offline  
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Stuantle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsbenz View Post
Please, the left would kill to have the equivalent of a Rush, Hannity, Beck. They can't have it so they push the fairness doctrine.
Personally I wouldn't listen to ANY of them from either side, but be honest, you know the left is jealous as hell of the success of right wing talk shows.
Madcow, Olberman, and Pissy Chrissy.
Stuantle is offline  
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Bear,
It was just freaky that you would say the same exact things that Pubs said about Dems when it came to getting attacked. Just like when Harry said the war was lost.
Two questions.
  1. In 2001-2008 do you think there were Democratic Reps or Senators who would damage the country in order to make Bush look bad ? [examples would be real good].
  2. In the past Six Months do you think there are Republican Reps or Senators who would damage the country in order to make Obama look bad?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jdc1244's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 18,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
you know the left is jealous as hell of the success of right wing talk shows.
Preaching to the converted can hardly be considered success.

The ability of Republicans to govern effectively (or at all) has atrophied as a result of 30 years of relying on only fear and hate as a political philosophy.
jdc1244 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Whine...... asianml W163 M-Class 15 11-13-2007 10:55 AM
    Gear Whine/Bearing Whine? DOUGLAS MARTIN W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 2 05-14-2006 07:23 PM
    Palastinian's unable to govern and control Gaza strip 430 Off-Topic 4 01-02-2006 02:47 PM
    Whine mortinson G-Class 10 11-02-2003 02:33 AM
    WHINE Pat Kullenberg W163 M-Class 5 07-14-2002 11:09 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome