post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210 View Post
I've never been a talk radio fan and used to frequent a garage -- many years ago, late 80s IIRC -- which had Rush on. He was at times funny, at times controversial, and almost always a blowhard. Listening to him suggested why I didn't listen to talk radio (which most of the time should be called dictator radio, at least from the little exposure I've had).
I've made that point several times on this very forum, to the objection of certain right-wing individuals who apparently lack the creativity and cognitive skills required to generate original thoughts.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 06:17 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
I've made that point several times on this very forum, to the objection of certain right-wing individuals who apparently lack the creativity and cognitive skills required to generate original thoughts.
That's because you're talking about Jesus incarnate
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
I'd sworn off talk radio, but had been forced to listen to it on my half-stolen radio (long story, don't ask, fuck Crutchfield), and OMFG is that some humorous and simultaneously frightening stuff anymore.

They're lining up to kick the RNC chairman and Jeb Bush in the balls, as well as McCain, and Arlen Spector, and can't wait to defend Rush Limbaugh, but when they're asked what they think the GOP should do, nobody has an idea to speak of.

This is a party in complete disarray.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Hey they banned Savage from entering the UK. In return he's suing!
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
I'd sworn off talk radio, but had been forced to listen to it on my half-stolen radio (long story, don't ask, fuck Crutchfield), and OMFG is that some humorous and simultaneously frightening stuff anymore.

They're lining up to kick the RNC chairman and Jeb Bush in the balls, as well as McCain, and Arlen Spector, and can't wait to defend Rush Limbaugh, but when they're asked what they think the GOP should do, nobody has an idea to speak of.

This is a party in complete disarray.
Small and shrill seem to go hand in hand.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Since apparently those on the left are not in a position to make this call, could someone on the right please define the various Republican splinter groups and where folks like Beck, Rush, O'Really, McConnell, Bohner, McCain, Bushv3.0, and Steele among others are positioned in this new Republican Roulette.

You know...who's on Primary, Secondary and Tertiary, etc.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Since apparently those on the left are not in a position to make this call, could someone on the right please define the various Republican splinter groups and where folks like Beck, Rush, O'Really, McConnell, Bohner, McCain, Bushv3.0, and Steele among others are positioned in this new Republican Roulette.

You know...who's on Primary, Secondary and Tertiary, etc.
Your obsession with the Repub party may have blinded you to the political crimes being committed by your own Dem President or you are simply deflecting attention away from what is really happening.

Let's have your comments on the power grab, for example, of taking control of the student loan program, funding college with $2500.00 grants and then asking those students to pay it back with community service. Can you say brown shirts, aka community organizers?

What are your comments on the government and UAW running the car companies, squeezing out the investors? Recall that United Airlines became owned by the union and entered bankruptcy within five years. Pensions were taken over by PBGC at about 45% of promised value.

What's this Dem proposal about giving each building, including your house, an energy rating of 1 to 100? I wnat to buy your place, but unless you increase the rating 5 points I won't pay your price.

What is the deal with Shumer wanting to dictate to IHOP what syrup they should serve? You want the Repubs to come up with an alternative syrup plan?

Let's get a little discussion of where we are going; there's no gold in the past.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Your obsession with the Repub party may have blinded you to the political crimes being committed by your own Dem President or you are simply deflecting attention away from what is really happening.

Let's have your comments on the power grab, for example, of taking control of the student loan program, funding college with $2500.00 grants and then asking those students to pay it back with community service. Can you say brown shirts, aka community organizers?

What are your comments on the government and UAW running the car companies, squeezing out the investors? Recall that United Airlines became owned by the union and entered bankruptcy within five years. Pensions were taken over by PBGC at about 45% of promised value.

What's this Dem proposal about giving each building, including your house, an energy rating of 1 to 100? I wnat to buy your place, but unless you increase the rating 5 points I won't pay your price.

What is the deal with Shumer wanting to dictate to IHOP what syrup they should serve? You want the Repubs to come up with an alternative syrup plan?

Let's get a little discussion of where we are going; there's no gold in the past.
From the bottom up, What the Senator from New York ASKS IHOP to do is his business. It is not a law, a regulation or a mandate. Simply a request to build business for HIS constituents [his job] Schumer To Liberate IHOP Diners From Tyranny of Corn Syrup - Gothamist: New York City News, Food, Arts & Events.

I like the energy index. It has some very good merit and insures that the buying public know what the expectation of energy costs are for the home they are considering. It works much like when you buy a refrigerator or water heater. And informed public is a good thing.

I've covered the UAW/Investor risk issues before, within the last two hours on other threads for part of it. Look it up.

Funding College with grants and providing an option for community service instead of cash back. Cool. That means that there are many more options available for kids to get educations AND learn as they do their community service. Though I would imagine that, given the option most will chose to write a check and go to work. And no, I don't see brown shirts [that was more of a bush thing] and "community organizers", I don't know why you seem to fear that. Again, an informed public is a good thing. But community service is not a political tool, it is a sociatial tool. Paranoia from the blogsphere is wearing on you.

Does that cover it.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 05:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I believe if you wander back up to post 15 you will see that I said: "Without the raw data, it would not be possible to know what is correct or if the interchangeability meant that, in the author's eyes it was the statistical same..."

Again, lack of reading comprehension has failed you.
No not lack of Reading comprehension on my part. Suspension of reality on yours.

Refer to the bold.

You say that and then you go on to pronounce that.

Quote:
Both suggest that they will soon be broadcasting from the La Brea Tar Pits unless they change voices.
So how is it that you can say it is not possible to know what is correct and then a couple of lines down use the same numbers to say that they will go the way of the dinosaurs?

Which is it? Are the numbers correct and can be used to see where Fox news is headed with its audience? Or are the numbers not correct and can't be used to make an intelligent reference or Scientific Wild Ass Guess as to the audience of Fox news?

You can't have it both ways there McBare.

Spin, spin, spin

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 05:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
And as for going away anytime soon, I think you again are avoiding reality...

Check out the Cable Network Programming. Up almost 78% from this time last year.

News Corporation Reports Third Quarter Net Income of $2.7 Billion; Operating Income of $755 Million on Revenue of $7.4 Billion

Funny how they didn't need to shift calendars to show a profit either...

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu

Last edited by TNTRower; 05-07-2009 at 05:39 AM. Reason: adding Snarky comment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in