AIPAC wins - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 03:15 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210 View Post
In a contest between AIPAC and CAIR, which would win?

A contest in full view of the public or a contest where the start is shown and the winner is announced, it would also depend on whether it showed all dirty under handed tricks as well as AIPAC being funded and supplied with arms and the latest weaponry by the US govt while the US gives a box of rocks and sling shots to CAIR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 04:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
With two new appointees to the Supreme court on the near horizon you will see the law stretched and manipulated in ways unimaginable a few years ago. The top picks have absolutely no respect for the Constitution as it is written and view it as a living document. Expect a nasty partisan show from the Judicial Committee.
I suppose that in your view the bunch who installed G.W Bush as US president in 2000 by stopping the vote count in Florida has a very profound respect for the US Constitution. Or are you trying to tell me that this action was somehow not partisan?
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 05:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
A contest in full view of the public or a contest where the start is shown and the winner is announced, it would also depend on whether it showed all dirty under handed tricks as well as AIPAC being funded and supplied with arms and the latest weaponry by the US govt while the US gives a box of rocks and sling shots to CAIR?
Your bias seems to be showing. Admittedly I've done no comprehensive analysis, but IMHO CAIR has never needed any assistance from anyone to defend itself from any enemy, real or imagined, and is sometimes on the offensive when no situation even exists.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 08:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
These pigs shouldn't be set free. America has become a fuckin' pussy ass bitch country. They should be tried in a military court in which the judges, prosecuting lawyers and the defense lawyer would already have access to the sensitive top secret info. They should have died in a US military prison. Israel should now also be abandoned by America. FRIENDS?

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 05-02-2009 at 08:39 AM.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 08:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
..they didn't even go to trail. They are innocent and proven innocent before we even got to hear the juicy details. This is lobbying at it finest
I don't know about all Muslim cases, but the cases of rendition, GITMO and prison without trial are as real as a heart attack.
As far as I am concerned, if these two were Muslims, Christians, Jews or whatever they should have been TRIED then we would have to accept the outcome. Again, this has nothing to do with RELIGION but you keep bringing it up, now why is that?
Let me repeat: Once more AIPAC has proven that IT IS THE MOST POWERFUL LOBBY IN AMERICA. Are you going to deny that?
Not related to religion? Consider politics, then. Let's see...indicted under Bush, prosecution withdraws under Obama. What does that say about who caved to AIPAC? How's that election thing working out for you Palestinian sympathizers?

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Not related to religion? Consider politics, then. Let's see...indicted under Bush, prosecution withdraws under Obama. What does that say about who caved to AIPAC? How's that election thing working out for you Palestinian sympathizers?
No doubt about this bottomline! I got that drift when President Obama's first allegiance speech was performed at AIPAC on the eve of his win in the primaries. It seems that pretty much every president we have, including President Bush, must cater to AIPAC or else

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210
In a contest between AIPAC and CAIR, which would win?
AIPAC hands down! Who are you kidding?
AIPAC's agenda is to support and make sure that a FOREIGN country's interests are fulfilled. CAIR's agenda or mission statement if you will, never mentions a particular foreign country or entity but it focuses on Muslim AMERICANS. Are the latter foreigners and don't deserve a representation? It seems that the majority of Americans see AMERICAN MUSLIMS as FORIEGNERS; you tell me why Again, AIPAC has won the "war of perception" a long time ago thanks to our racism and blissful ignorance that is encouraged at every turn when it comes to this topic.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 11:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Wasn't Clinton about to impose some sort of sanctions or about to withhold support to Israel when the Monica Lewinsky scandal hit? As many of you don't know, Lewinsky was a Jew. It would then not surprise me if she was an Israeli or AIPAC agent.

Monica Lewinsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

........Monica Lewinsky was born in San Francisco, California, and grew up in Southern California on the west side of Los Angeles and in Beverly Hills. She is of Russian Jewish descent.

George H W Bush at one time criticized Israel for their illegal settlements and threatened to withhold money and changed his mind within a couple of days! Now I wonder if his Jewish lady friend has something to do with it, Jennifer Fitzgerald, with whom there is an alleged affair lasting decades.. Was she an Israeli agent or an AIPAC agent? He too started a war with Iraq after giving him his blessings to invade Kuwait and then started another war with Saddam at the end of his presidency when his ratings were very low in order to boost them.

So I suspect that some sort of blackmailing definitely goes on and I hope that Obama can however resist Jewish pussy and the blackmail that comes with it although this may not be enough either.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
It's sealed
Quote:
Judge Formally Dismisses Case Against 2 Former AIPAC Lobbyists

By Jerry Markon
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, May 4, 2009; 3:53 PM

A federal judge has formally dismissed espionage-law charges against two former lobbyists for a pro-Israel advocacy group.

Judge T.S. Ellis III signed the order dismissing the charges against Steven J. Rosen and Keith Weissman on Friday, and it was released publicly today in U.S. District Court in Alexandria. The two are formerly of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC.

Federal prosecutors moved to abandon the case on Friday, saying recent court rulings made it unlikely they would win convictions. Rosen and Weissman had been charged with conspiring to obtain classified information and pass it to the Israeli government and journalists from The Washington Post and other news organizations.
Could this ruling help mere mortals or is this a special case and we must just move along, nothing to see kind of thing! ? You know, the usual... Again, I apologize in advance if I am offending anyone by going over taboo subjects like questioning what the fuck is AIPAC for, my bad for being such a prick.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Published on Wednesday, May 6, 2009 by CommonDreams.org
Who Will Stop the AIPAC Jews Before it is Too Late?

by Medea Benjamin
While I was being tackled by security guards at Washington's Convention Center during the AIPAC conference for unfurling a banner that asked "What about Gaza?," my heart was aching. I wasn't bothered so much by the burly guards who were yanking my arms behind by back and dragging me-along with 5 other CODEPINK members-out of the hall. They were doing their job.

What made my heart ache was the hatred I felt from the AIPAC staff who tore up the banner and slammed their hands across my mouth as I tried to yell out: "What about Gaza? What about the children?"

"Shut the f--- up. Shut the f--- up." one staffer yelled, red-faced and sweating as he ran beside me. "This is not the place to be saying that shit. Get the f--- out of here."

What makes my heart ache is thinking about the traumatized children I met on my recent trip to Gaza, and how their suffering is denied by the 6,000 AIPAC conventioneers who are living in a bubble-a bubble where Israel is the victim and all critics are anti-Semitic, terrorist lovers or, as in my case, self-hating Jews.

I found it fascinating that AIPAC's executive director Howard Kohr opened the conference admitting that there was now a huge, international campaign against the policies of Israel. He painted a picture of 30,000 people marching in Spain, Italian trade unionists calling for a boycott of Israeli products, the UN Human Rights Council passing 26 resolutions condemning Israel, an Israeli Apartheid Week that is building a global boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign.

This global movement, he warned, emanates from the Middle East, echoes in the halls of the United Nations and the capitals of Europe, is voiced in meetings of international peace organizations, and is spreading throughout the United States-from the media to town hall meetings, from campuses to city squares. "No longer is this campaign confined to the ravings of the political far left or far right," he lamented, "but increasingly it is entering the American mainstream."

But Kohr failed to explain why there has been such an explosion in this movement, even among the American Jewish community. He didn't tell the attendees that the world was shocked and outraged by Israel's devastating 22-day attack on Gaza that left over 1,300 people dead-mostly women and children. He didn't mention the killing of civilians fleeing their homes, the use of white phosphorous, the bombing of homes, schools, mosques, hospitals, UN buildings, factories. He didn't talk about the continuing, cruel blockade of the Gaza Strip that is keeping desperately needed humanitarian aid from reaching 1.5 million people and making rebuilding impossible.

There were no seminars at the conference by human rights groups like Amnesty International that are calling for an immediate and comprehensive suspension of arms to Israel. Instead, one after another, U.S. elected officials eager to curry favor with AIPAC pledged continued U.S. financial support for Israel. Senator Kerry, despite that fact that he was one of only a handful of legislators who visited Gaza, didn't say one word about the massive destruction he witnessed and pledged that as Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he would do everything to ensure that the $30 billion in military aid to Israel is "delivered in full." "America will continue our military aid, and Israel will keep its military strength," he insisted. Instead of calling for talks with the democratically elected government of Hamas, Kerry said: "Hamas has already won one election-we cannot allow them to win another." He ended his speech shouting several times in Hebrew, "Am Yisrael Chai-Israel lives!"

Even Vice President Biden, who at least told AIPAC that Israel should freeze new settlement activity, didn't say a word about the ongoing humanitarian crisis caused by Israel's invasion and continued blockade of Gaza. No U.S. officials, and there were hundreds at the conference, dared echo the call of the United Nations or the world community to lift the siege of Gaza.

Republican Congressman Eric Cantor was one of the most emotional speakers, portraying Israel as the victim of an evil global movement determined to wipe out Israel and all Jews. Evoking the "shivering, naked victims who were herded into the gas chambers," he wondered when it would become too late to protect Israel. "When is it too late?", he repeated over and over.

I wonder the same thing. When is it too late, I wonder, to stop Israel from destroying itself? When is it too late to tell AIPAC attendees that more violence and hatred is not the answer? When is it too late to open the hardened hearts of my people, once victims of a terrible holocaust, to realize that by occupying Palestine we have become they evil we deplore? When is it too late to restore meaning to the Hebrew term "tikkun olam" by truly working to heal the world? When is it too late for the Jews of the world to weep for the children of Gaza, recognizing that they, too, are the children of God?

I couldn't ask my questions at AIPAC. My mouth was muzzled by the sweaty hands of hate-filled staffers demanding that I "shut the f--- up." But despite AIPAC's massive funds and influence, I feel certain that more and more members of the Jewish community will step forward and refuse to be silent. I just pray it is not too late.

For information on upcoming delegations to Gaza, see CODEPINK¬*:¬*Gaza Children's Delegations.

Medea Benjamin (medea@globalexchange.org) is cofounder of Global Exchange (Global Exchange - Building People-to-People Ties) and CODEPINK: Women for Peace (CODEPINK¬*:¬*Index).
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Why am I not surprised?

Anything wrong with this picture?
Whatever happened to innocent unless proven guilty ?

Are you communist ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in