LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
In case you had doubts about Abdul's brainpower...

Sasha Cohen plays her for the egocentric goofball she is, which is only fair.

My favorite part is she says she was "scarred for life for a year."

Scoop: Paula Abdul gets pranked by ‘Bruno’
April 30, 2009

When Paula Abdul encountered a German camera crew and a Captain Nemo lookalike in a home in the Hollywood Hills, she thought she’d stumbled upon the set of a fun Japanese game show.

If that’s difficult to sort out, then imagine being Abdul, forced to learn that “the fun Japanese game show” was actually the set of “Bruno,” the latest film from "Borat" creator Sacha Baron Cohen. And she was about to be the butt of a joke that left her “scarred for life for a year.”

Abdul described the harrowing experience on the Johnjay & Rich radio show April 30. The "American Idol" judge said she learned from her publicist she’d just won “Artist of the Year” in Germany and had to go to a home in the Hollywood Hills to tape something associated with the award.

When she got to the house, there was no furniture, and she was ordered by the Nemo lookalike (Bruno) to sit atop two gardeners instead.

“This is crazy. This is not funny, this is discrimination. This is abusive stuff going on here.” Abdul recounted. “And (Bruno) says, ‘I need you to change your clothes,’ and I said, No, I won't be doing that. I have to go to work ... And by the way, where's my award?”

Obviously there was no award, and Abdul fled the scene (with cameras and Bruno following). Her team attempted to contact the production office, but it didn’t really exist. (The Smoking Gun did a great job exposing Sacha Baron Cohen’s fake production company Web sites.)

Upon realizing what happened long after the fact, Abdul said, “You just don't expect it. Like I said, I thought it was just one of those Japanese TV shows where they do crazy things. They wanted me to jump up against a Velcro wall.”
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: