I have to say after the number of seamless transactions I've had with many Americans and Europeans with Mercedes car parts sales to South Africa, I just as much come across some real MORONS along the way.
(1) Africa is a continent of over 50 countries
(2) No, a few of us are broke (just as in the United States or Europe) and there are many more who are quite solvent
(3) South Africa is a country whose economy didn't have ANY banks fold on it during the global economic crisis (which is still ongoing) and will most likely not have any fold either. Unlike Europe, UK or the USA - yeah we paid our mortgages!
(4) We have one of the highest concentration of Mercs per capita around
(5) We are by no means perfect and have problems like ANY other properous country
So when you do plan to make a sale or put anything up for trade within our growing global marketplace, take the same precautions as you would with ANY transaction such as (but not limited to):
(1) Use PAYPAL
(2) Send package with tracking or Registered Mail to CONFIRMED address
(3) Do NOT accept checks! (nor refund them)
This should put an end to this growing heap of crap that doing business with any African customer is going to end up in being a rip off. 'Cause I've been ripped off by a number of American and Euorpean sellers without have to castigate the whole country or continent of being a bunch of swindlers.
Use your common sense (if you have any) or at least pretend to have a brain! And kindly do not expect any customer to apologize for your bigotries