BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
100 days in office, coronated Messiah

Arms outstretched, he wears crown of thorns on his brow

On his 100th day in office, President Obama will be "crowned" in messianic imagery at New York City's Union Square.

Artist Michael D'Antuono's painting "The Truth" – featuring Obama with his arms outstretched and wearing a crown of thorns upon his head – will be unveiled on April 29 at the Square's South Plaza.

According to a statement released about the portrait, "The 30" x 54" acrylic painting on canvas depicts President Obama appearing much like Jesus Christ on the Cross: atop his head, a crown of thorns; behind him, the dark veil being lifted (or lowered) on the Presidential Seal. But is he revealing or concealing, and is he being crucified or glorified?"

Even the title of the piece, "The Truth," suggests a play on biblical themes, as Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Get "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values" and learn about the looming hostile attack on Judeo-Christian values and freedoms Americans hold dear

"More than a presidential portrait," writes D'Antuono on a website touting the painting, "'The Truth' is a politically, religiously and socially-charged statement on our nation's current political climate and deep partisan divide that is sure to create a dialogue."

Like others in the news who have depicted Obama in Christ-like imagery, D'Antuono insists he isn't claiming the man is Messiah, but only inviting "individual interpretations."

"'The Truth,' like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder," claims the exhibit's press release.

D'Antuono even invites the public to email him with reactions to the piece, answering his posed question, "What's your truth?"...

100 days in office, Obama coronated Messiah

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1987 560SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jplinville
Sickening...

I'm not a real dickhead...but I acted like one in high school.
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 11:15 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Well at least your open minds gave the man a chance. I mean its been all of 100 days.
post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 11:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
100 more than he deserves
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 11:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
I hear the sounds of frustration stuck on the good old days train, anyone one to get off at the next stop?

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1969-280s, 2000 SL500, 1981 300D, 1980 450SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
100 more than he deserves
he was voted into office.
more than you can say about your party candidate.

this ought to make you feel even better.... 1360 days to go!!
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Jay, we don't always see eye-to-eye, but kudos on the thread title.

The media love affair with him continues, apparently unabated.
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 11:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Media love affair? How about like "the whole fucking country". The conservative movement in America has collapsed. Get the bad news from your own Fox News:

Good News for Obama and Democrats, Bad Tidings for Republicans
Fox News
April 24, 2009 6:29 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Since the latest 100-day approval rating poll on Barack Obama is about the same as all the rest this week, we'll start with Congress where voters approve of the job congressional Democrats are doing by 50 percent to 40 percent and disapprove of Republicans on the Hill by 52 percent to 36 percent, according to a Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll conducted April 22-23.

Forty-six percent of voters say that they'd back a Democrat for Congress in 2010 to help Obama pass his programs while 33 percent would vote Republican to put a check on his power. Seventeen percent say it's too soon to make that decision.

So, now to Obama. Voters approve of the job he is doing by 62 percent to 29 percent with 8 percent undecided, a net gain of seven points since late March. Like a Gallup poll published today, Fox found that most people (56 percent) say Obama is meeting their expectations, with 26 percent saying he has exceeded them, and 16 percent rating him worse than expected. Asked if the 2012 election were held today if they would vote for Obama or someone else, 52 percent said they'd back Obama while 31 percent would choose someone else.

Change was the big theme of the 2008 campaign and, now that Obama is in office, 51 percent said he has brought real change while 40 percent say it's just more of the same.
As for bipartisanship 43 percent believe the atmosphere in Washington has become more partisan while 31 percent judge it as more bipartisan and 15 percent say there has been no change. Despite Obama's talk of ending the partisan divide, 47 percent think the parties will grow further apart and 38 percent say Obama will end the bickering. Republicans and independents believe more than Democrats that things have become more partisan with 56 percent of Republicans saying so, 50 percent of independents and 32 percent of Democrats.

Those polled were not satisfied with the way things were going in the country by 53 percent to 46 percent, which was different from the finding of an Allstate/National Journal poll which had Americans thinking the country on the right track by 47 percent to 42 percent.
Here are the approval-to-disapproval ratings for Obama in other polls out this week keyed to the first 100 days:
Gallup: 56 percent excellent or good, 23 percent "just okay," 20 percent "poor" or "terrible."
Allstate/National Journal: 61 percent approving, 28 percent disapproving.
Public Policy Polling: 53 percent approving, 41 percent disapproving.
Pew Research Center: 63 percent approving, 26 percent disapproving.

Eat your fucking hearts out, bitches.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlybiker111 View Post
he was voted into office.
more than you can say about your party candidate.

this ought to make you feel even better.... 1360 days to go!!
Stu is suggesting that our duly elected president does not deserve to assume the office to which he was elected. Thus he is negating our election process as irrelevant and apparently calling for the overthrow of our government and way of life. Quite the little radical....

I'm just curious Stu, you continue to refer to Obama as a "zero". I assume in doing so that you suggest that your own resume dwarfs his. Care to do a side-by side? Education, positions held, etc. Your resume must be beyond impressive to dwarf Obama's in the manner you suggest.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:15 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1969-280s, 2000 SL500, 1981 300D, 1980 450SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Stu is suggesting that our duly elected president does not deserve to assume the office to which he was elected. Thus he is negating our election process as irrelevant and apparently calling for the overthrow of our government and way of life. Quite the little radical....

I'm just curious Stu, you continue to refer to Obama as a "zero". I assume in doing so that you suggest that your own resume dwarfs his. Care to do a side-by side? Education, positions held, etc. Your resume must be beyond impressive to dwarf Obama's in the manner you suggest.
I'll assume (thereby putting fuel to the fire in Stu's pants) that he's barely capable of completing a structured sentence, never turns off FIX new, reads DrudgeReport like it's the Bible, has Rush turned on the car radio while puttering off to the Post Office to sort mail.
At night, he cleans his shot gun, pets the cat, takes out the garbage and makes sure mom has her Schlitz cold and stocked in the fridge.

Just a little payback STuuuuiiieeeeee......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in