LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Creationists...

...contend that all organisms were spontaneously created by God and evolution does not occur. That being the case, can you explain the following?:

From Wiki

Main article: 2009 H1N1 flu outbreak

In March and April 2009, over 1,000 cases of swine flu in humans were detected in Mexico and the southwestern United States, causing more than 68 deaths in Mexico. Following a series of reports of isolated cases of swine flu, the first announcement of the outbreak in Mexico was documented on April 23. Some of the cases have been confirmed by the World Health Organization to be due to a new genetic strain of H1N1. The new strain has been confirmed in 16 of the deaths and 44 others are being tested as of 24 April 2009. The Mexican fatalities are mainly young adults, a hallmark of pandemic flu.

The current vaccine against the seasonal influenza strain H1N1 is thought to be unlikely to provide protection.Anne Schuchat, director of CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said that the United States cases were found to be made up of genetic elements from four different flu viruses—North American swine influenza, North American avian influenza, human influenza A virus subtype H1N1, and swine influenza virus typically found in Asia and Europe. For two cases a complete genome sequence had been obtained. She said that the virus was resistant to amantadine and rimantadine, but susceptible to oseltamivir (Tamiflu) and zanamivir (Relenza).

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1987 560SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jplinville
Ah, isn't this just like a Troll...Starting a thread with the sole intention of trying to spike an argument.

In my opinion, Creationism and Science work together in so many ways. You must understand, though...That which can be explained by science can be looked upon as a fact and a miracle...That which cannot be based scientifically is faith that there is a greater being than humans.

The Big Bang Theory can be explained by religion as the moment God snapped his celestial fingers and created our Solar System. The 7 days it took to create the planet and man can easily be explained away as that God is not bound by human time constraints.

I'm not a real dickhead...but I acted like one in high school.
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

The more that an Atheist argues that there isn't a God, the more it can be proven that He exists...Why argue against something you don't believe to be true?

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
I think you'll find 'trolling' is most frequently defined as someone making multiple posts which are inconsistent with the question or subject matter posed by the thread starter. Sound familiar? However, to me, you come across more as a 'fuckwit' than a troll.

Have a go at answering the question or continue trolling. Your choice.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Science brought man to a fork in the philosophical road. The path to the east led to tempering one's interpretation of the bible so that it accommodates new truths. The path to the west led to a tighter grasp of the long-held interpretation of the bible.

Creationism and biblical inerrancy are so far down the western path, one quickly gets lost there with no hope of return. Like the typical male driver, they might know they're lost, but the won't let on to anyone and they won't DARE ask for directions back.

Few people here will get in the face of a true moderate with regard to their faith, but seriously...creationism? We need look no further than Genesis Ch.1 V.1 to see a huge challenge to the faith of Christians in their holy text. The inerrant bible says quite specifically how long it took to "create" everything, yet even those here who believe in the purity and accuracy of the bible will say "Well, you know, it was a GOD day, not a human day." They themselves don't have faith that when the bible says a "day", it really means a day - as in, the term with which humans who can read are familiar. Yet these same people - the ones whose faith starts and stops with Genesis - proclaim the importance of faith, and boast - BOAST - about how they're right with God, and recite this pious "I hope your soul will be saved" line.

Creationism. Really.

Give us a break. If you have faith that your bible is error free, walk the walk. If you don't, be honest with yourselves (and the rest of us) about it. Enough with the hypocrisy.

Last edited by Qubes; 04-25-2009 at 06:42 PM.
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Science brought man to a fork in the philosophical road. The path to the east led to tempering one's interpretation of the bible so that it accommodates new truths. The path to the west led to a tighter grasp of the long-held interpretation of the bible.

Creationism and biblical inerrancy are so far down the western path, one quickly gets lost there with no hope of return. Like the typical male driver, they might know they're lost, but the won't let on to anyone and they won't DARE ask for directions back.

Few people here will get in the face of a true moderate with regard to their faith, but seriously...creationism? We need look no further than Genesis Ch.1 V.1 to see a huge challenge to the faith of Christians in their holy text. The inerrant bible says quite specifically how long it took to "create" everything, yet even those here who believe in the purity and accuracy of the bible will say "Well, you know, it was a GOD day, not a human day." They themselves don't have faith that when the bible says a "day", it really means a day - as in, the term with which humans who can read are familiar.

Creationism. Really.

Give us a break.
Agreed that there are numerous statements in Genesis which have defied rationality for centuries, but the key to modern scientific atheism/agnosticism is The Theory of Evolution, which for the first time only 150 years ago offered (and subsequently proved) the origin of species. Before evolutionary theory, not even the most learned scholars could account for the diversity of life on Earth and so creationism, however fanciful, was Hobson's choice.

post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:53 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I am a monkey, who wants to spank tha monkey?
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
I think you'll find 'trolling' is most frequently defined as someone making multiple posts which are inconsistent with the question or subject matter posed by the thread starter. Sound familiar? However, to me, you come across more as a 'fuckwit' than a troll.

Have a go at answering the question or continue trolling. Your choice.
I gave a very thought out response, and this is all you have to give? What a waste...

post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:56 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1969-280s, 2000 SL500, 1981 300D, 1980 450SL
I have an answer!!!

god created an 8th day of the week..

just last week he did it ... yep! that's it...

and. on this day he created the virus whatchamacallit!..

the one that is blasting the crap out of the sinners...

now, we'll have to make a name for this day hmm how about SOMONDTWESDay?

of course, all the calenders have to be changed. Naturally!!

but, this goes right along with the scriptures.. the one's you get at Long's Pharmacy.

ok. I'm done!
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
I gave a very thought out response, and this is all you have to give? What a waste...
Sorry, comedy I get, gibberish I don't. Try reading the question again, only this time more s l o w l y.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in