FOX News' Shepard Smith: We are AMERICA! We do NOT F'ing Torture!" - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heh, heh....HA!HA!HA!......nice joke! heh, heh........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 B 200 & Audi A6..
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
"Enhanced Interrogation Techniques" That's all
No!....No!....No!... They were just very thirsty and no one had straws handy................that's what I'm going with.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I can't stand SSmith, so I never watch his "show," which is why I missed that little gem... That's an example, one of many, of why I do not watch.

Don't believe everything you think
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I can't stand SSmith, so I never watch his "show," which is why I missed that little gem... That's an example, one of many, of why I do not watch.
So you admit that you only watch the Faux Conservatives/NeoCons that AGREE with your somewhat rose tinted perspective.

Being a NeoCon in the 21st Century must be so confusing. It explains much.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post

I bet you got an 8x10 of this guy on your nightstand..........

post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
So you admit that you only watch the Faux Conservatives/NeoCons that AGREE with your somewhat rose tinted perspective.

Being a NeoCon in the 21st Century must be so confusing. It explains much.
I said nothing of the sort; and life in this century is not in the least bit confusing. A little disappointing at times, but not a bit confusing.

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Shep hates Beck too. I see an MSNBC career coming his way....

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just in case you guys missed it. Disclaimer for you leftist weenies: This is written by a Republican.

WSJ OPINION APRIL 22, 2009, 8:47 P.M. ET
Congress Knew About the Interrogations
Obama should release the memo on the attacks prevented.

By PETER HOEKSTRA

Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair got it right last week when he noted how easy it is to condemn the enhanced interrogation program "on a bright sunny day in April 2009." Reactions to this former CIA program, which was used against senior al Qaeda suspects in 2002 and 2003, are demonstrating how little President Barack Obama and some Democratic members of Congress understand the dire threats to our nation.

George Tenet, who served as CIA director under Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, believes the enhanced interrogations program saved lives. He told CBS's "60 Minutes" in April 2007: "I know this program alone is worth more than the FBI, the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency put together have been able to tell us."

Last week, Mr. Blair made a similar statement in an internal memo to his staff when he wrote that "[h]igh value information came from interrogations in which those methods were used and provided a deeper understanding of the al Qa'ida organization that was attacking this country."

Yet last week Mr. Obama overruled the advice of his CIA director, Leon Panetta, and four prior CIA directors by releasing the details of the enhanced interrogation program. Former CIA director Michael Hayden has stated clearly that declassifying the memos will make it more difficult for the CIA to defend the nation.

It was not necessary to release details of the enhanced interrogation techniques, because members of Congress from both parties have been fully aware of them since the program began in 2002. We believed it was something that had to be done in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks to keep our nation safe. After many long and contentious debates, Congress repeatedly approved and funded this program on a bipartisan basis in both Republican and Democratic Congresses.

Last week, Mr. Obama argued that those who implemented this program should not be prosecuted -- even though the release of the memos still places many individuals at other forms of unfair legal risk. It appeared that Mr. Obama understood it would be unfair to prosecute U.S. government employees for carrying out a policy that had been fully vetted and approved by the executive branch and Congress. The president explained this decision with these gracious words: "nothing will be gained by spending our time and energy laying blame for the past." I agreed.

Unfortunately, on April 21, Mr. Obama backtracked and opened the door to possible prosecution of Justice Department attorneys who provided legal advice with respect to the enhanced interrogations program. The president also signaled that he may support some kind of independent inquiry into the program. It seems that he has capitulated to left-wing groups and some in Congress who are demanding show trials over this program.

Members of Congress calling for an investigation of the enhanced interrogation program should remember that such an investigation can't be a selective review of information, or solely focus on the lawyers who wrote the memos, or the low-level employees who carried out this program. I have asked Mr. Blair to provide me with a list of the dates, locations and names of all members of Congress who attended briefings on enhanced interrogation techniques.

Any investigation must include this information as part of a review of those in Congress and the Bush administration who reviewed and supported this program. To get a complete picture of the enhanced interrogation program, a fair investigation will also require that the Obama administration release the memos requested by former Vice President Dick Cheney on the successes of this program.

An honest and thorough review of the enhanced interrogation program must also assess the likely damage done to U.S. national security by Mr. Obama's decision to release the memos over the objections of Mr. Panetta and four of his predecessors. Such a review should assess what this decision communicated to our enemies, and also whether it will discourage intelligence professionals from offering their frank opinions in sensitive counterterrorist cases for fear that they will be prosecuted by a future administration.

Perhaps we need an investigation not of the enhanced interrogation program, but of what the Obama administration may be doing to endanger the security our nation has enjoyed because of interrogations and other antiterrorism measures implemented since Sept. 12, 2001.

Mr. Hoekstra, a congressman from Michigan, is ranking Republican on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Shep hates Beck too. I see an MSNBC career coming his way....
SS is the lowest-rated Fox News anchor. Beck left him in the dust in a very short time:

MARCH 26, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,420,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,987,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,374,000 <
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,160,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,888,000 <
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,322,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,300,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,208,000
CNN KING 1,144,000
CNN COOPER 1,118,000

PMSNBC will get what they deserve if they can land Shep. He and bigmouth Olberman can duke it out over in that pig pen.

Last edited by Jayhawk; 04-23-2009 at 01:48 PM.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:42 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantle
Just in case you guys missed it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in