Prisoner Waterboarded 183 Times - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^ They were downright stupid. Some of it was hilarious, other stuff was downright cruel for cruelty's sake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 06:36 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
^ They were downright stupid. Some of it was hilarious, other stuff was downright cruel for cruelty's sake.
How about my invitation to my basement? Are you game?
post #63 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 06:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^ Did you miss my earlier post? Only if you bring Spanky the monkey!

I need to start monitoring the MaryLand papers for Man & Monkey felony stories. I think you took a turn here Drew.
post #64 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
^ Did you miss my earlier post? Only if you bring Spanky the monkey!

I need to start monitoring the MaryLand papers for Man & Monkey felony stories. I think you took a turn here Drew.
What wil you bring with you?
post #65 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^ I can't top a monkey. Maybe a gun. Safety ya know.
post #66 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 E320 SE View Post
You still believe that oil thing? I'll give you a hint why we are there and it starts with "I" and ends with "ran". Our soldiers in Iraq are constantly running recon missions into Iran, because when those towel-heads go to war everything is at risk.

What's wrong with Africa is that the UN handles it entirely wrong. They just throw money into the region in the forms of handouts expecting that to fix things. In reality, the only thing holding Africa back from catching up with the world is the dictators that run rampant across it. Of course the UN would rather just waste money than actually act on something, so you get one big wishing well. Throw money in and maybe you will help one of those starving kids, or maybe you will just buy them another gun. Who knows, but its fun...
If you say we are there because of Iran, then you must be agreeing 10000% with my take on this all along. I have said this over and over throughout the years on this forum:
We went to Iraq for the sake of Israel as much as we planned to stay there for the sake of Israel to get Iran as the next thing. Do you see a common denominator?
Based on your own take on this you must be in agreement otherwise you really didn't mean to say it and now you feel like taking it back; why? because it's a taboo subject, here and elsewhere. I don't believe for one second that you would have the balls to agree with me on this.
post #67 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
What's wrong with Africa is that the UN handles it entirely wrong. They just throw money into the region in the forms of handouts expecting that to fix things. In reality, the only thing holding Africa back from catching up with the world is the dictators that run rampant across it. Of course the UN would rather just waste money than actually act on something, so you get one big wishing well. Throw money in and maybe you will help one of those starving kids, or maybe you will just buy them another gun. Who knows, but its fun...
I have also worked in Africa. In the worst sub Sahara areas where AK47 do the talking and the flies finish off the rest. The problem with Africa is the continent itself and the fact that Europeans fucked it up. It's not an easy continent to control in terms of agriculture to feed everyone and have access to everyone. The era of colonization helped some areas to have some basic infrastructure but the rest of the places got raped or neglected depending on the natural resources there. The bottom line, Europeans treated them like animals while occupying most of the productive lands and never bothered to educate the people for fear that they will be equals.
post #68 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
I do agree with you, but your bullshit about oil is just that. We went to Afghanistan for 9/11, but we went to Iraq to watch Iran. With the 9/11 attacks our eyes were opened to just how susceptible we truly were. Our biggest threat has been for a long time now, Iran (especially with its backing from Palestinian extremist). Its a strategic move for us to be in Iraq, because like they say (keep your friends close and your enemies closer). I for one fully understand the very real and powerful threat Iran poses to the world, and while I don't like us being there. It's not my decision and I would rather be safe than sorry.
Actually oil was part of the deal. If you remember that prior to our invasion of Iraq while building a case with the fake WMDs, Chalabi promised the Israelis a FREE oil pipeline. Do you remember that or is that one of those stories that conveniently slipped the crack?
post #69 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
I won't deny that Europeans fucked Africa over. I will however admit that pouring money into the current situation is pointless. One way or another that money just ends up in the dictators hands. The UN is under the impression that we should help the regular citizens of Africa and hope they will overthrow their government. If that were to work (which is doubtful), it would still take entirely too long and way too much money.
You are absolutely correct! I have seen this bullshit first hand while in Chad and other poor war torn places or even ones that pretend that everything is ok.
You have to also realize that a lot of it is cultural because the of tribal nature of societies and subcultures over there. There are so many rivalries that have been churning, brewing, and over spilling for centuries that basically none of our goody goody imported whitey attitudes will solve.
Right on!
post #70 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
The pipeline was nothing more than an earmark and you know that. It's no different than the shit thrown in there today with these stimulus bills. The entire motive behind Iraq was Iran. Any oil and removing Sadamm was just a plus to the whole package.
Yes, and that goes inline with this is ALL for Israel since oil isn't even secondary. I mean what strategic positioning do we need over there if Iran and Iraq are gone? What's in it for us other than terrorism migrating to our shores to get even?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in