Suck wind, Ahmadinejad... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 E320 SE View Post
Those GI's you blatantly disregard, gave you the right to speak your mind. No one is disputing the difference, but we are disputing the value of a life. If it wasn't for those GIs that went to war, the whole lot of Jews in Europe might have perished. Not to mention that in Germany, those soldiers weren't really given a choice to fight. Stop being so self-centered, it really shows your inner-Jew.
Not to mention that these soldiers are the reason why Andrei is probably in the US in the first place and that the donations he probably makes to Israel are 100% tax deductible. Many Jews I personally know make hefty donations to Israel every year in order to get themselves down to a lower tax bracket. Would this be considered unpatriotic to the United States? I would consider so. Will anyone say it out loud or bring it up front into the news? Probably not because they will be labeled as "ANTI-SEMITES" immediately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
Not to mention that these soldiers are the reason why Andrei is probably in the US in the first place and that the donations he probably makes to Israel are 100% tax deductible. Many Jews I personally know make hefty donations to Israel every year in order to get themselves down to a lower tax bracket. Would this be considered unpatriotic to the United States? I would consider so. Will anyone say it out loud or bring it up front into the news? Probably not because they will be labeled as "ANTI-SEMITES" immediately.
What, you can just write a check payable to "ISRAEL" and mail it to "1 Israel Street, Israel" and then take a deduction? Hardly. IRS Rules and Regs are VERY restrictive as to charitable contributions and depending on one's income they may not be deductible at all or beyond a certain point.

Any group that has complied with the tax code to achieve and maintain 501(c)(3) status qualifies such that otherwise-qualified persons can deduct contributions thereto. I'm sure there are plenty of such entities that fly the Star of David, just as there are plenty that fly the Crescent Moon. Why it would be unpatriotic to deduct contributions to Jewish-favored charities so long as there is compliance with the tax code is beyond me.

Moreover, itemized deductions do not technically change one's tax bracket. They are a deduction from the AGI (line 651 from your 1040, lol) and are used to calculate the tax owed, but they don't come off the top. While they will reduce your tax bite (again, to the extent you qualify for them) it's rare they can impact your profile sufficiently to actually shift brackets. Perhaps if you're right on the edge of one, but that isn't most folks.

Just a personal observation, CR, which you're of course welcome to ignore, but while I realize you have a REALLY BIG sore spot with Israel, passing around inflammatory and inaccurate stuff like this isn't likely to win you any points.
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
In order to pull out of the depression, Hitler needed a group to get the masses to focus their hatred on.
So is that why Americans have focused their hatred upon neocons now? Is it working? You're funny.
post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: MBZ 300SD
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 E320 SE View Post
If it wasn't for those GIs that went to war.
It is a CHOICE.
It is a JOB.
No more, no less.
post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210 View Post
What, you can just write a check payable to "ISRAEL" and mail it to "1 Israel Street, Israel" and then take a deduction? Hardly. IRS Rules and Regs are VERY restrictive as to charitable contributions and depending on one's income they may not be deductible at all or beyond a certain point.

Any group that has complied with the tax code to achieve and maintain 501(c)(3) status qualifies such that otherwise-qualified persons can deduct contributions thereto. I'm sure there are plenty of such entities that fly the Star of David, just as there are plenty that fly the Crescent Moon. Why it would be unpatriotic to deduct contributions to Jewish-favored charities so long as there is compliance with the tax code is beyond me.

Moreover, itemized deductions do not technically change one's tax bracket. They are a deduction from the AGI (line 651 from your 1040, lol) and are used to calculate the tax owed, but they don't come off the top. While they will reduce your tax bite (again, to the extent you qualify for them) it's rare they can impact your profile sufficiently to actually shift brackets. Perhaps if you're right on the edge of one, but that isn't most folks.

Just a personal observation, CR, which you're of course welcome to ignore, but while I realize you have a REALLY BIG sore spot with Israel, passing around inflammatory and inaccurate stuff like this isn't likely to win you any points.
Hey Greg, I only wrote what I have been told by Jewish friends, although I have many that don't contribute to Israel because they too are against a Zionist Israel. Whether it is true or not, I really don't know that you can actually go down to a lower tax bracket. What I do know is that many of my Jewish friends contribute to theses charities, many of whom are either sponsored by AIPAC or AIPAC has something to do with them which go to directly fund things like new settlements but on paper its for a "library." Maybe there exists a different set of rules for them? Who knows? After all, which other country's armed forces are we as American citizens allowed to serve in? NONE. Do you know that Jews CAN indeed not only have dual citizenships but can also serve in the Israeli military? Now if an American Jewish citizen can be allowed to do this then is it very difficult to believe that which I wrote about (what I have been told by Jewish friends)and can indeed happen or there may be other rules pertaining to this?
I don't have a problem with Israel as I do believe that they have a right to their own safe homeland. I am an anti-zionist, not anti-semite nor anti-Israel. If that country was ruled by Jews instead of Zionists, I would be one of its supporters.

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 04-20-2009 at 04:47 PM.
post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiRN View Post
It is a CHOICE.
It is a JOB.
No more, no less.
So I guess the deaths of firefighter and cops doesn't matter to you either since its their "job" or "choice" to protect you. I guess the 9-11 first responders don't matter either. They were only doing their job. Right? Very good? Let me tell you something. If there people were not doing their "Jobs" your people would not exist today. You owe everything, your existence to them because they were doing their "job."

So again, if a firefighter dies trying to save your family member from a fire, then it is just that for you, a "job"?
post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 05:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210 View Post

..........."There also have been immense political and military costs to the U.S. for its consistent support of Israel during Israel’s half-century of disputes with the Palestinians and all of its Arab neighbors. In addition, there have been the approximately $10 billion in U.S. loan guarantees and perhaps $20 billion in tax-exempt contributions made to Israel by American Jews in the nearly half-century since Israel was created." The Cost of Israel to US Taxpayers

Some more reading:
IRmep: Donations, Illegal Settlements and Terror Attacks against the US

Why should treason be tax-exempt? Contributions to the Republican or Democratic Party and the National Rifle Association are not deductible on our tax returns because these are deemed as political activities. Our tax law does not allow political contributions to be deducted as is the case with charitable contributions. The powerful "Jewish" lobby that is dedicated to furthering the interests of Israel IS tax deductible! Why is that?! .........But if political activities and so-called political groups, whose intentions are for the benefit of all the American people including their ultimate goal in ensuring the freedoms of Americans are excluded from tax-exempt status by the IRS, why then are donations to the foreign State of Israel allowed as sheltered contributions? AIPAC lobbies exclusively for Israel, and has as part of its agenda, the maintenance of their tax-exempt status. The question is not as to why AIPAC wishes to maintain its tax-exempt status - the question is why American government allows contributions for a powerful foreign lobby to remain tax-exempt? Sack_AIPAC_AND_ABOLISH_THEIR_TAX_EXEMPT_STATUS.htm 9-2-04

Most Americans are not aware how much of their tax revenue our government sends to Israel. For the fiscal year ending in September 30, 1997, the U.S. has given Israel $6.72 billion: $6.194 billion falls under Israel's foreign aid allotment and $526 million comes from agencies such as the Department of Commerce, the U.S. Information Agency and the Pentagon. The $6.72 billion figure does not include loan guarantees and annual compound interest totalling $3.122 billion the U.S. pays on money borrowed to give to Israel. It does not include the cost to U.S. taxpayers of IRS tax exemptions that donors can claim when they donate money to Israeli charities. (Donors claim approximately $1 billion in Federal tax deductions annually. This ultimately costs other U.S. tax payers $280 million to $390 million.) U.S. Aid to Israel

A donor can claim a $1 million donation to an Israeli charity, and deduct this from his U.S. tax liability. ............the total of tax-exempt U.S. donations to Israel now approaches $1 billion annually. .........These generous congressional gestures to Israel are subject to massive abuses because the recipient institutions are outside the reach of U.S. law or oversight. A donor can claim a $1 million donation to an Israeli charity, and deduct this from his U.S. tax liability. But there is no way to prove the donation actually was for the amount claimed, if it went to the organization claimed, or even if it was made at all.........the cost to U.S. taxpayers of this exemption for Israeli charities could be up to 38 percent of the estimated $1 billion in claimed donations.
http://www.ameu.org/page.asp?iid=97&aid=134&pg=5

Only 6 million Jews in America yet $1 BILLION claimed in tax exempt donations every year going to Israel!

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 04-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.
post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
So is that why Americans have focused their hatred upon neocons now? Is it working? You're funny.
I intentionally stayed away from Pubs and Dems and you can see why. It's a lame comparison that some may make but it's not equivalent. The "Bush's fault" rally cry is long way from "kill the jews".
post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 05:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
..........."There also have been immense political and military costs to the U.S. for its consistent support of Israel during Israel’s half-century of disputes with the Palestinians and all of its Arab neighbors. In addition, there have been the approximately $10 billion in U.S. loan guarantees and perhaps $20 billion in tax-exempt contributions made to Israel by American Jews in the nearly half-century since Israel was created." The Cost of Israel to US Taxpayers

IRmep: Donations, Illegal Settlements and Terror Attacks against the US
How much did Egypt get and why? We spread it around. There are reasons for handouts. Some are to promote a form of governing and some is just blatant dictator payoff to keep them on our side.

Friendly statement to you, CR: Stick to medicine and I'll stick to finance.
post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 05:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
How much did Egypt get and why? We spread it around. There are reasons for handouts. Some are to promote a form of governing and some is just blatant dictator payoff to keep them on our side.

Friendly statement to you, CR: Stick to medicine and I'll stick to finance.
I did NOT say "WE" as in the United States. I was merely discussing the American Jews and their contributions to Israel and Israeli charities that are TAX EXEMPT. This further hurts America. Instead of paying taxes that you owe to your country, how can you say that they can contribute to the country they are really faithful to and pay less American taxes by supporting another country. I say let them donate as much as possible and as much as they want. I have no problem with it but they need to pay their proper taxes and donations to AIPAC, ISRAEL, or their charities should NOT be tax exempt. We are not talking pocket change.

Stu, I have added to that post that you quoted. See above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in