Report: 108 Died In U.S. Custody Prisoners Died While Being Held In Iraq, Afghanistan - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 12:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post
Betcha he is having a great time over there.
He might be but his boyfriend is going to have to keep the prom pics to himself. Sorry.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
So the military is doing a better job than what the civilian Dept of Corrections are doing.

Also, you can not just throw out the issue of Gang Warfare and such. Just look at what happened with the prison where John Walker Lindh was held, Mazār-e Sharīf. Definitely not a place where the Single Cell Single Prisoner thing was going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You might want to read the numbers again. The civilian prison has a rate that is .56X of the Military rate once you remove gang warfare.

John Walker Lindh was sentenced and sent to the US prison system, not the Military system [he was in Victorville] so the gang warfare issue is still not within the MILITARY system in A'stan/Iraq [the report areas].
Quote:
I was using him as reference to when he was held in the Mazār-e Sharīf facility. You know, when he ratted out Mike Spann and further cemented his status as a traitorous bastard who should be sent to a very lonely place.

So what your saying in your typically clear fashion is what exactly?
You said "you might not want to throw out Gang Warfare" and then the next sentence said "Just look at what happened with the prison where John Walker Lindh was held". The juxtaposition and structure of those two sentences convey the thought that you were linking gang warfare and John Lindh.

I pointed out that he was attacked by gangs while in the custody of the US Prison system while in Victorville, NOT while under the custody of the Military. Since we were discussing gangs and attacks and death that seemed to be the logical flow of the conversation. I was unaware that "ratting out" had entered into the mix.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
You said "you might not want to throw out Gang Warfare" and then the next sentence said "Just look at what happened with the prison where John Walker Lindh was held". The juxtaposition and structure of those two sentences convey the thought that you were linking gang warfare and John Lindh.

I pointed out that he was attacked by gangs while in the custody of the US Prison system while in Victorville, NOT while under the custody of the Military. Since we were discussing gangs and attacks and death that seemed to be the logical flow of the conversation. I was unaware that "ratting out" had entered into the mix.
And I named the prison! Don't know why that was confusing. The ratting out is a footnote. The prison at Mazār-e Sharīf was a large open area holding facility run by the northern Alliance.

As we do not know the original report's criteria for who was a US detainee or not this whole point about Mazār-e Sharīf may be moot.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
And I named the prison! Don't know why that was confusing. The ratting out is a footnote. The prison at Mazār-e Sharīf was a large open area holding facility run by the northern Alliance.

As we do not know the original report's criteria for who was a US detainee or not this whole point about Mazār-e Sharīf may be moot.
You are making no Fn sense. This is the second or third post in a row where you just type words and seem to hope they mean something in the end.

Good night.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
You are making no Fn sense. This is the second or third post in a row where you just type words and seem to hope they mean something in the end.

Good night.
I see now why you don't understand simple words in sentences sometimes, you get tired!

That is ok, we understand that this happens more frequently with our more seasoned citizens.

Good night and sweet dreams!

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
The following is an exercise in perspective. Let me be very clear that any bastard that kills a prisoner should pay the price.

So let me see here. Out of 65,000 prisoners roughly .0016% have died while in U.S. Custody. And of that .0016% roughly .0003% are being investigated as POSSIBLE abuse.

We are absolute bastards! Mein Got! Vere iz zee outrage! We are obviously running around and indiscriminately killing our prisoners! Shame! Outrage! Visceral Hate!

I wonder what the mortality rate of that demographic is without the treatment they receive from us.

Set 'em all free. Catch and release. The Border Patrol does it and they have plenty of takers.
You are off two decimal points.

Sheesh, Bear . . . you must have been tired.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
The following is an exercise in perspective. Let me be very clear that any bastard that kills a prisoner should pay the price.

So let me see here. Out of 65,000 prisoners roughly .0016% have died while in U.S. Custody. And of that .0016% roughly .0003% are being investigated as POSSIBLE abuse.

We are absolute bastards! Mein Got! Vere iz zee outrage! We are obviously running around and indiscriminately killing our prisoners! Shame! Outrage! Visceral Hate!

I wonder what the mortality rate of that demographic is without the treatment they receive from us.

Set 'em all free. Catch and release. The Border Patrol does it and they have plenty of takers.
That would be .166. That .16% would be a 100% for the prisoners we killed. That .16% would be a 100% if it was you or a family member. These kind of stats "sound" great but not for someone who is directly affected. Now imagine that there was a surgical procedure that had a 1% mortality rate. For me to tell that to a patient who had to go through this procedure would be easy that out of a 100 only 1 person dies. But the patients is thinking what if he is that 1 unlucky person; the mortality rate would be 100% for him.

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 04-17-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in