DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post
And they can refuse to take me as a passenger in their cab in the Minnesota airport because I am carrying alcohol.

And next step would be...what?

Bravo, drewprof.
I would fukin pour that hole bottle in his car.. sue me!
ehem half of it.. the rest is mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
There is NO POINT of getting outraged about what they do in their own hell hole specially when some of you are posting as if it's our beef and we should do something about it. If you feel that strongly about it, call Rambo and a bunch of missionaries to go on an adventure.
Who said anything about what should be done about it? I honestly didn't expect to get this far down the path, but now that we're here, the behavior of not just the self-proclaimed Muslims, but even the Americans, certainly explains why we have the problems with religion that we have.

The responses (and lack thereof) from Designo and Tahloube are incredibly damning in both their substance and silence, and if they're even slightly representative of Muslims, the "progressives" have done them far too much justice in treating them as equals, or something other than the oversexed barbarians that they are revealed to be.

Afghanistan is at least 99% Muslim. 15% of them are Shiite. Almost all of the rest are Sunni. They comprise the new Afghani version of our congress. They wrote, debated, and voted in favor of a law allowing Shiite men to rape their wives and deprive them of the ability to leave their homes.

Again, the discussion has nothing to do with finding action items - there aren't any. I never suggested (nor meant to suggest) that there were. I'm taking soundings on the depth of depravity that is Islam, and that well is far deeper than even I imagined. What we're talking about is not some isolated group of splinter Muslims wreaking havoc in Afghanistan - we're talking about some pretty mainstream views. Nobody who is a Muslim will say if or how Islam is perverted - by the Afghanis, or by (as an example) Americans. Should all Muslims be allowed to rape their wives and keep them at home, or is that truly an abomination? Doesn't seem like there's a lot of middle ground there. Should all Muslims be allowed to marry pre-pubescent girls, or is THAT an abomination? Not a lot of wiggle-room on that item either.

And still no-one willing to stand up and say which is which.

Ponderous.

Last edited by Qubes; 04-15-2009 at 08:19 PM.
post #53 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I would fukin pour that hole bottle in his car.. sue me!
ehem half of it.. the rest is mine
I'd like to believe it except I have this mental picture of some people, (not you for God's sake), kissing their hairy asses and saying:"Well, it's their culture, nothing we can do about it".
post #54 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post
I'd like to believe it except I have this mental picture of some people, (not you for God's sake), kissing their hairy asses and saying:"Well, it's their culture, nothing we can do about it".
Not in my country! I would actually say that if I was in Cairo or Timbuktu
minus the ass kissing, unless it's a senorita of course

Last edited by DP; 04-15-2009 at 08:24 PM.
post #55 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Who said anything about what should be done about it? I honestly didn't expect to get this far down the path, but now that we're here, the behavior of not just the self-proclaimed Muslims, but even the Americans, certainly explains why we have the problems with religion that we have.

The responses (and lack thereof) from Designo and Tahloube are incredibly damning in both their substance and silence, and if they're even slightly representative of Muslims, the "progressives" have done them far too much justice in treating them as equals, or something other than the oversexed barbarians that they are revealed to be.

Afghanistan is at least 99% Muslim. 15% of them are Shiite. Almost all of the rest are Sunni. They comprise the new Afghani version of our congress. They wrote, debated, and voted in favor of a law allowing Shiite men to rape their wives and deprive them of the ability to leave their homes.

Again, the discussion has nothing to do with finding action items - there aren't any. I never suggested (nor meant to suggest) that there were. I'm taking soundings on the depth of depravity that is Islam, and that well is far deeper than even I imagined. What we're talking about is not some isolated group of splinter Muslims wreaking havoc in Afghanistan - we're talking about some pretty mainstream views. Nobody who is a Muslim will say if or how Islam is perverted - by the Afghanis, or by (as an example) Americans. Should all Muslims be allowed to rape their wives and keep them at home, or is that truly an abomination? Doesn't seem like there's a lot of middle ground there. Should all Muslims be allowed to marry pre-pubescent girls, or is THAT an abomination? Not a lot of wiggle-room on that item either.

And still no-one willing to stand up and say which is which.

Ponderous.
Dude, can you include in your equation that 99% of the Afghans are illiterates? So I wouldn't be surprised that they don't even understand what their religion is about.
post #56 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
^ Even the ones in their parliament?

Is criticism of this kind of thing an entitlement reserved strictly for the literate?

More non-sequitur...
post #57 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
^ Even the ones in their parliament?

Is criticism of this kind of thing an entitlement reserved strictly for the literate?

More non-sequitur...
If you count them against population in a ratio then yes, I am still correct.
The bottom line, you seem to get outraged on what others do in their own countries that have NO effect on ours as long as we don't fall for the trap of inclusion.
My point is very clear.
post #58 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Cancer Researcher, how is it that you managed to excise the very paragraphs in my original cut and paste that, citing moderate Muslims, refutes the very items you chose to find excuses for?

Quote:
Earlier this month, the six imams filed suit in U.S. district court in Minneapolis against US Airways and the Metropolitan Airports Commission, claiming discrimination and defamation. Now some Muslim cashiers at Twin Cities Target stores have begun refusing to scan pork products, like bacon and pepperoni pizza, and insisting that other cashiers or the customers themselves do it.

1)What's going on? It appears that both local circumstances and activists with a big-picture agenda play a role. Take the taxi drivers. Minnesota is home to tens of thousands of Somalis, most recent immigrants. Behind the scenes, moderate local Somali leaders are engaged in a power struggle with national Muslim organizations that seek to exploit this vulnerable population. Islam prohibits the consumption of alcohol but not its transportation, say Somalis who reject the taxi drivers' stance. Yet in June 2006, the Muslim American Society's (MAS) Minnesota chapter issued a "fatwa" forbidding drivers here from carrying alcohol to avoid "cooperating in sin."

Hassan Mohamud, one of the fatwa signers, praised the two top-light proposal as a national model for accommodating Islam in areas ranging from housing to the workplace. But according to Omar Jamal of the Somali Justice Advocacy Center in St. Paul, MAS is "trying to hijack and radicalize the Somali community for their Middle East agenda."

2)Ahmed Samatar, a recognized expert on Somali society at Macalester College in St. Paul notes that "There is a general Islamic prohibition against drinking, but carrying alcohol for people in commercial enterprise has never been forbidden." Similarly, Islam prohibits consuming pork, but not touching or scanning it, according to Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf of the American Society for Muslim Advancement in New York. It is, or should be, "a nonissue."

Your representation....

Quote:
Earlier this month, the six imams filed suit in U.S. district court in Minneapolis against US Airways and the Metropolitan Airports Commission, claiming discrimination and defamation. Now some Muslim cashiers at Twin Cities Target stores have begun refusing to scan pork products, like bacon and pepperoni pizza, and insisting that other cashiers or the customers themselves do it. (Staten Island University Hospital observes "SHOMER SHABBOS" for the Jewish employees. This kinda suck for the training residents who work an average of 80 hours/ week and then have to pick up the slack for the Jews as well there but they do! It is NOT a Jewish institution! Frequently Asked Questions )

Missing Text 1)

Hassan Mohamud, one of the fatwa signers, praised the two top-light proposal as a national model for accommodating Islam in areas ranging from housing to the workplace. But according to Omar Jamal of the Somali Justice Advocacy Center in St. Paul, MAS is "trying to hijack and radicalize the Somali community for their Middle East agenda."

Missing Text 2)

The events here suggest a larger strategy: By piggy-backing on our civil rights laws, Islamist activists aim to equate airport security with racial bigotry and to move slowly toward a two-tier legal system. Intimidation is a crucial tool. The "flying imams" lawsuit ups the ante by indicating that passengers who alerted airport authorities will be included as defendants. Activists are also perfecting their skills at manipulating the media. After a "pray-in" at Reagan National Airport in Washington, D.C., one credulous MSNBC anchor likened the flying imams to civil rights icon Rosa Parks.(Written by a 1000$ PURE-BREED BIGOT! Nowhere do they mention RAPING of the resources of the Muslim countries.)

Ms. Kersten is a columnist for the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

You sir, have no semblance of credibility.
post #59 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Drew, I could give a shit about what happens there if it weren't for Muslims here (and indeed many places) that can't get enough of complaining about the evil Jews and Christians who keep oppressing them.

The real hypocrisy here is being overlooked (and in fact, excused), which mystifies me to no end. That hypocrisy comes in the form of Tahloube and everyone who joined her in damning Jews, damning Israel, and yet tries to erect this barrier (as you just have) between Muslim countries and the outside world.
post #60 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Drew, I could give a shit about what happens there if it weren't for Muslims here (and indeed many places) that can't get enough of complaining about the evil Jews and Christians who keep oppressing them.

The real hypocrisy here is being overlooked (and in fact, excused), which mystifies me to no end. That hypocrisy comes in the form of Tahloube and everyone who joined her in damning Jews, damning Israel, and yet tries to erect this barrier (as you just have) between Muslim countries and the outside world.
.. as much as I have erected barriers on demonizing Jews. I am without a doubt anti any other country but not anti some race or religious group. I think on many occasions I have criticized Arab/Muslim countries and their governments; not as much as Israel but then again Israel has a strong hold on our politics and policy making/crafting. I hope you get that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in