Homeland Security warns of 'right-wing radicals'; 9-page report sent to police... - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
So let's see...

The tea party protests brought out some people with some flags. What happens when people of Leftist persuasion protest?

Think Seattle, WTO conference...

I don't see any violence going on there. Just the over reaction of the Storm Trooper Police. The Gestapo tactics of the Police trying to assert their authority over helpless protesters!

Compare those with Tea Party protests.

Yea I can see why you guys are so fearful of the Tea Party protests. Those hate mongers.
Again you ignore the question.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Shhhh!

Now you went and done it!

They're going to be on you like flies on scheisse! I can hear the humming now. Not black helicopters! More like McBear, Drewprof, FTL sending PM's to each other and it is the hum of their keyboards typing out messages like:

Drewprof: "Did you see that message from Cancer Researcher to TNT?"
McBare: "Yeah I did. We can't have any of that"
FTL: "I know! I mean what if other people start thinking conservatives aren't the evil monsters we make them out to be?"
Drewprof: "They won't. It can't be done because they are all puppets of their zionist masters and we know the truth!"
FTL: "I know, I know! That is what I keep saying! I broke their CODE! I have been reading their secret messages in the press about the armed rebellion coming up. It was like something out of that Russel Crowe movie, 'A Beautiful Mind.'"
Drewprof: "You know he was insane don't you?"
FTL: "Yes but he was just so smart and intelligent! I broke the CODE!"
McBear: "Huh? What?"

Qubes: "Snore"
LOL, our differences in views shouldn't turn into hatred. Definitely not cool. that way.
post #103 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Well, the sound bite I heard, of which this is a narrative sounded somewhat like he was talking out of both sides of his mouth. On the one hand saying "secession is a possibility" and then throwing out a caveat of "but its not likely there would be a need". What part do those who are wound up hear?

And I agree it is a valid debate. The interesting part is how it is occurring and what the triggers are. It certainly is not simply a tax issue, THAT would make sense. The sheer number of rebel flags, "try and take my guns", immigration and "we don't bow" signs suggest it ended up being a National Pouting Day for NeoCons who lost the election and really needed a cathartic experience to move on.

As someone said on one of the threads, it is much like a group didn't like the outcome of the election and somehow want to take their ball and, lip quivering go home. [OK, I added the quivering part].

To me they took a VERY REASONABLE IDEA [a referendum on taxes and the philosophy from which we tax] and screwed it up royally by making it a NeoCon bitchfest. It will be very interesting to see what the results and outcomes are.
That can happen, true. But, if these more savvy governors can keep that type of rhetoric out of their pontifications, they may spark a discussion this country really needs to have.

Hypothetical for you, had this been a democratic governor a few years ago asserting his state's sovereignty, wonder what the press would have been? (yes, I know Fox's stance would have been quite different)

post #104 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Again you ignore the question.
Your question is ignored as it is a red herring and has no bearing on my point.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #105 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
That can happen, true. But, if these more savvy governors can keep that type of rhetoric out of their pontifications, they may spark a discussion this country really needs to have.

Hypothetical for you, had this been a democratic governor a few years ago asserting his state's sovereignty, wonder what the press would have been? (yes, I know Fox's stance would have been quite different)
I really don't know. The concept of secession is so abstract and so very unAmerican that I really can't imagine ANY Governor getting any positive airtime on the subject.

Looking at the most liberal states, it would be considered ludicrous to even suggest such a thing. I would imagine that the folks on the right would use it as a very effective election tool during the next election cycle. This is a very dangerous precedence being laid out.

The event I witnessed yesterday told me a couple of things. First, the protesters could not, for the life of themselves stay focused. They complained against everything except the BCS Rankings and Bowls. Second, while an excellent format, I noted that, when confronted by questions [and no, I didn't mug anyone] no one was able to really move beyond regurgitating what they had heard or written on their sign. Also, we found it interesting that ALL of the group, when asked as a group would benefit from the Obama tax plan ["how many here make below $75,000 a year" was the question and every hand of every protester went up].

Once the local talk show host was distracted by an interview, the momentum dissipated quickly. A friend who was in Knoxville said the very same thing happened there.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #106 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
LOL, our differences in views shouldn't turn into hatred. Definitely not cool. that way.
But I hate you and I am admittedly uncool.

Who's John Galt.

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #107 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I really don't know. The concept of secession is so abstract and so very unAmerican that I really can't imagine ANY Governor getting any positive airtime on the subject.

Looking at the most liberal states, it would be considered ludicrous to even suggest such a thing. I would imagine that the folks on the right would use it as a very effective election tool during the next election cycle. This is a very dangerous precedence being laid out.

The event I witnessed yesterday told me a couple of things. First, the protesters could not, for the life of themselves stay focused. They complained against everything except the BCS Rankings and Bowls. Second, while an excellent format, I noted that, when confronted by questions [and no, I didn't mug anyone] no one was able to really move beyond regurgitating what they had heard or written on their sign. Also, we found it interesting that ALL of the group, when asked as a group would benefit from the Obama tax plan ["how many here make below $75,000 a year" was the question and every hand of every protester went up].

Once the local talk show host was distracted by an interview, the momentum dissipated quickly. A friend who was in Knoxville said the very same thing happened there.
Yes that tax cut of $13 a week but then the prices of everything have to go up because of the corporations, companies, and small businesses having to pay the taxes. So more money comes out of our own pockets. I guess you will never see where they hide the salami even when they shove it up you a$$!

As for the most liberal states thinking this is ludicrous, once again you are grossly out of touch and wrong.

Just Google "Vermont Secession" and you will be rewarded old grasshopper.

Sheesh, you would think that with your above par critical thinking skills and your copious amounts of intelligence you would at least be able to do some simple research like Google.

Who's John Galt.

post #108 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Your question is ignored as it is a red herring and has no bearing on my point.
I re-read your original post 54. My question, and the photos go directly to you point.

You just don't like it. Or you can't answer the question without screwing up your concepts of reality.

So, not a red herring. Directly to point.

This pattern of yours of obfusation, denial and whining is so very un-Marine like. Every Marine I know, from Lance Corporals to Colonels all are more than willing to answer questions straight on without this pussyfooting around that you seem to like to do. Even if it casts a shadow on your philosophy, stand up for your position and the people that adhere to it. This hiding crap is just silly.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #109 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I re-read your original post 54. My question, and the photos go directly to you point.

You just don't like it. Or you can't answer the question without screwing up your concepts of reality.

So, not a red herring. Directly to point.

This pattern of yours of obfusation, denial and whining is so very un-Marine like. Every Marine I know, from Lance Corporals to Colonels all are more than willing to answer questions straight on without this pussyfooting around that you seem to like to do. Even if it casts a shadow on your philosophy, stand up for your position and the people that adhere to it. This hiding crap is just silly.
No hiding involved. Quite simply it is a red herring because you are asking me to make pronouncements on peoples' intentions and motivations based on pictures of an event at which I was not present.

I guess you figured I must be God because she is the only one who can do such things.

I have news for you McBare. I'm not God and your question is still a red herring.

Who's John Galt.

post #110 of 163 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Yes that tax cut of $13 a week but then the prices of everything have to go up because of the corporations, companies, and small businesses having to pay the taxes. So more money comes out of our own pockets. I guess you will never see where they hide the salami even when they shove it up you a$$!

As for the most liberal states thinking this is ludicrous, once again you are grossly out of touch and wrong.

Just Google "Vermont Secession" and you will be rewarded old grasshopper.

Sheesh, you would think that with your above par critical thinking skills and your copious amounts of intelligence you would at least be able to do some simple research like Google.
Ah, Vermont. Now, go back and READ the posts by both edfreeman and myself. You will note we were discussing the subject being proposed by GOVERNORS , not by small citizen bands like in 2005-7. Dean asked the question in town hall meetings in 91 but did nothing about it.

My reward is that I already understand secession in its modern application and don't need to google it.

And apparently you don't agree with NeoConservative Reagan's Economics policies either as all Obama wants to do it roll tax rates back to Reagan rates. Which side are you on?

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in