Apologizing for America - Page 10 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Irregardless of why he went to war, his "incursions" protected the innocent and brought democracy.

"continued incursion" I know you are not well, so I will give you a pass. Bush is no longer POTUS.
Why is it irregardless in your mind why he went to war?

Incursions protected the innocent and brought democracy? So Bush is a humanitarian now?

Take your best shot at me Stu, I have 220 million Muslim brothers backing me up............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 10:16 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
^ While extreme, his basic point is correct. The culture rewards the strongman and denigrates the weak. This is a generality. Patriarchal societies stuck in the midst of ancient cultures still revere power even when it is directed at them in the form of agression.

When in Rome. If you demean your women on the streets of the US you will not get respect from the average American and you may not understand why, culturally. If you are on business in an Arab country and appear weak, you will not get the respect you would in the US and you may not understsand, culturally.

After the first Gulf War it was difficult for us to understand why people were willing to switch sides so easily and not appear to lose face. Fair weather Yankee's fans in Connecticut will quickly switch to the Sox. Not much different.

Negotiating from a point of weakness will not win in this situation. Adaption, not disrespect is the key. It's their sandbox.
Dude, after the first Gulf War I was all over that region doing business, in the sandbox! I think, unlike some people who just come up with conclusions by watching Fox News, I kind of know what I am talking about.
Let me enlighten you a bit; most big transactions/deals/negotiations/mingling/etc involved many Arabs that were Yale/Harvard/Oxford/Sorbonne/etc graduates with many years of business experience abroad and some hold board memberships in the biggest companies around the world. Yes Stu, they are not your typical sandniggers that you have been made to believe they are, maybe you need to stop watching movies like Planet of the Arabs and other Hollywood/Fox News/Ignorant baseless attitudes/lazy ass assumptions/etc. You may make a buck or two and your head will still be on your shoulders.
post #93 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 10:17 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
^ Your inability to distinguish between good guys and bad guys is typical lefty foolishness. The stupid attitude that our enemies will react positively to a group hug is rediculous. Adapt is the key word and you seemed to have missed it. Have you seen the good work we are doing with the general public in Iraq? Of course not. You only focus on the bad. The same way you only see the greedy republicans, but fail to see that a disproportionate amount of charity comes from them. The bad guys in war are a minority and need to be taken care of in a strong manner that will keep them subdued.

It's not a black or white world. Every situation requires a different approach. War is not much different than business. The pain is physical in war and psychological in business. In war they are the enemy and in business they are the competition. Eat or be eaten.

You are sorely wrong in labeling me as a shallow conservative. I have my passions. Shoot at me and I will shoot back. Ask me for a meal and shelter and I will provide.
Again, who are our enemies? The Arabs? The Muslims?
post #94 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Again, who are our enemies? The Arabs? The Muslims?

It's them thar rad i cals that has ole Stu worried, sees'em on the street outside his house hippity hopping all around, gonna get his gun one day.............

post #95 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 AM
~BANNED~

post #96 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Looks like "weakness" is working
post #97 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Apologies are overrated. Ask any native American.
Is the an excuse? Pharaoh was just as stubborn and look what God did to him. Now only should we apologize to the people that we wronged but we also need to pray to God for forgiveness. "Jesus" didn't die for "these sins".
post #98 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Are you thinking clearly? You may have been taught to "man-up" on the schoolyard and say I'm sorry, but the little Arab boys didn't gp to the same school. They weren't taught win-win strategies; everything is win-lose. If you apologize, you really lose.

This is a culture where you can be gang-raped if you are the victim of rape.

Obama's clumsiness around Arabs is a sure sign he is a Christian from a matriarchal minority.
Go fuck yourself. I went to a real school that teaches you to be a real man. Humble and truthful. Obviously you didn't go to school period.
post #99 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
^ While extreme, his basic point is correct. The culture rewards the strongman and denigrates the weak. This is a generality. Patriarchal societies stuck in the midst of ancient cultures still revere power even when it is directed at them in the form of agression.

When in Rome. If you demean your women on the streets of the US you will not get respect from the average American and you may not understand why, culturally. If you are on business in an Arab country and appear weak, you will not get the respect you would in the US and you may not understsand, culturally.

After the first Gulf War it was difficult for us to understand why people were willing to switch sides so easily and not appear to lose face. Fair weather Yankee's fans in Connecticut will quickly switch to the Sox. Not much different.

Negotiating from a point of weakness will not win in this situation. Adaption, not disrespect is the key. It's their sandbox.
You call apologizing, a weakness? Admitting mistake and guilt makes you a stronger man in the eyes of others and especially in the eyes of your enemy. It shows strong character.
post #100 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:

Cool, so your diplomatic answer is to abandon the principles and ethics that the US has had for over 200 years in order to address a situation of today.

Should we use this new found sliding scale ethics and morals to address all of our issues? Maybe everyone just quit paying taxes since that would show those folks in Washington that we mean business and aren't going to take their double speak anymore. And while we are at it, let's quit paying mortgages too. It is time that the hard working person get the respect they deserve by showing these financial institutions that we control them, they don't control use. We have the real money and can break them by withholding payment.

And treaties...phhhf. We can rebuild respect in the world by pissing on each and everyone of those. Do what we want. Show that WE are the swinging dick that we think we are. Show that we call the shots, not those other 211 countries. We are the USA, Goddamnit. We are Number ONE.

We will show them some respect...oh, do we get to start smacking around our wives again, too? Some folks seem to really miss that.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in