Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
From the St Petersburg Times

How to fix the economy.

My favorite so far, and it would work better than the crap that Obam is selling now, is:

Patriotic Retirement:

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force - Pay them $1 million apiece severance with the following stipulations:

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They either buy a house/pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!

PS If more money is needed, have all members in Congress and their constituents pay their taxes.

A bit tongue in cheek but actually some hard numbers that would go a long way in helping for a lot less money.

But then that would decrease the dependency upon the Gubment.

Article in full:

Fixes for the economic fix we're in - St. Petersburg Times

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You suggest using 3 times the annual GDP to remove 1/3 of the work force that do have jobs to provide jobs for 1/10 of the workforce that do not?

You were suppose to shoot the lead bullets, not chew them.

But I like how it says "tongue in cheek" AND "hard numbers" in the same sentence. Was this per chance a April Fools article that you posted late?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:01 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
moronic
50+ year old are the experience base for our country in almost all fields. You want kids with pathetic math skills, ethics and general knowledge to take over?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
That's like the idiot asshole Glenn Beck saying we should have just given every man, woman, and child, a check for like $45,000 or $67,000 or whatever he was saying lately. When I did the math it was like $16 trillion, which is far and above anything we've dreamed of spending on "stimulus".

These people are morons and should be drawn & quartered. Then again, it was the ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA TIMES.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: w204 (C350ELE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
That's like the idiot asshole Glenn Beck saying we should have just given every man, woman, and child, a check for like $45,000 or $67,000 or whatever he was saying lately. When I did the math it was like $16 trillion, which is far and above anything we've dreamed of spending on "stimulus".

These people are morons and should be drawn & quartered. Then again, it was the ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA TIMES.
Yes, but what if the checks have to be cashed in person and only at the Pyongyang Branch of the Afghanistan National Bank. This would save us a buck or two.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You suggest using 3 times the annual GDP to remove 1/3 of the work force that do have jobs to provide jobs for 1/10 of the workforce that do not?

You were suppose to shoot the lead bullets, not chew them.

But I like how it says "tongue in cheek" AND "hard numbers" in the same sentence. Was this per chance a April Fools article that you posted late?
Well you are right. I mean the Gubment definitely knows how to spend our money better than we do. They should just raise taxes to the 75% level and then provide all the services we need free of charge.

Honestly, I just don't know why we would think we can spend our money better than the Gubment can. Oh wait a minute! What was I thinking? This is the Gubment's money anyway. Silly little taxpaying citizen!

Just remember Atlas Shrugged my friends.

Who's John Galt.

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Well you are right. I mean the Gubment definitely knows how to spend our money better than we do. They should just raise taxes to the 75% level and then provide all the services we need free of charge.

Honestly, I just don't know why we would think we can spend our money better than the Gubment can. Oh wait a minute! What was I thinking? This is the Gubment's money anyway. Silly little taxpaying citizen!

Just remember Atlas Shrugged my friends.
You do know that, in this era John Galt would have LIKELY been offshored by the Corporate leaders that he hooked up with with his little strike, don't you?

And then, of course we have to look at his thoughts on thoughtful debate and critical thinking. It is somewhat anathema to your normal positions. While Atlas may have shrugged, He didn't come up with braindead little math failures like the original post and then blow it off when caught because HE didn't check the math before posting. Just "seemed" right.

If you want to contribute to the solution, do so with thoughtful contributions, why waste your time on unchecked, obviously erroneous material that has been generated in some rightwing dweeb's mom's basement, just because he didn't like the outcome of the election and doesn't understand that there are other solutions that might just be better than those he followed into recession for the past eight years.

Atlas Shrugged in the FICTION SECTION.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
You do know that, in this era John Galt would have LIKELY been offshored by the Corporate leaders that he hooked up with with his little strike, don't you?

And then, of course we have to look at his thoughts on thoughtful debate and critical thinking. It is somewhat anathema to your normal positions. While Atlas may have shrugged, He didn't come up with braindead little math failures like the original post and then blow it off when caught because HE didn't check the math before posting. Just "seemed" right.

If you want to contribute to the solution, do so with thoughtful contributions, why waste your time on unchecked, obviously erroneous material that has been generated in some rightwing dweeb's mom's basement, just because he didn't like the outcome of the election and doesn't understand that there are other solutions that might just be better than those he followed into recession for the past eight years.

Atlas Shrugged in the FICTION SECTION.
Um John Galt offshored himself. That was kind of the point.

I have already contributed to the solution supposedly. Paid my taxes early so the Gubment would have their money back.

Also I remember posting a plan a few weeks ago from here:

American Solutions - 12 American Solutions for Jobs and Prosperity

Here is the link.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...ml#post3390821

Apparently you didn't read it. But it does not surprise me. I mean it actually offers a valid alternative. But again no surprise that you don't want to talk alternatives. You just want to play idealogue and pontificate about why what you think is superior in merit than others.

That's ok. We understand that this happens as we age. The need to feel relevant becomes greater.

Who's John Galt.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Um John Galt offshored himself. That was kind of the point.

I have already contributed to the solution supposedly. Paid my taxes early so the Gubment would have their money back.

Also I remember posting a plan a few weeks ago from here:

American Solutions - 12 American Solutions for Jobs and Prosperity

Here is the link.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...ml#post3390821

Apparently you didn't read it. But it does not surprise me. I mean it actually offers a valid alternative. But again no surprise that you don't want to talk alternatives. You just want to play idealogue and pontificate about why what you think is superior in merit than others.

That's ok. We understand that this happens as we age. The need to feel relevant becomes greater.
I did read it. I find that plans that are heavy into tax cuts while deficit spending by either habit or requirement are somewhat naive. Then again, Supply Side Economics have proven that THREE straight times.

And there is diametrically opposed difference between offshoring yourself and being offshored. THAT is the point.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I did read it. I find that plans that are heavy into tax cuts while deficit spending by either habit or requirement are somewhat naive. Then again, Supply Side Economics have proven that THREE straight times.

And there is diametrically opposed difference between offshoring yourself and being offshored. THAT is the point.
How typical that you gloss over the points that don't jive with your view. Point number 5 in the plan says very clearly to control spending.

No economic plan works when you have irresponsible spending going on. For you to point at Supply Side economics and say it does not work is the same as building the Titanic, cutting a 10 foot hole in the hull and say "See I told you it wouldn't float."

This has been the problem with Gubment. They spend and spend with absolute impunity. No plan will work. Obama's plan could work if it wasn't for the massive spending. Cut back on programs for services and spend the money on infrastructure. That could work but the fools in DC spend money they don't have on pet projects and people such as yourself say that it is part of the system to have this massive Fraud, Waste, and Abuse.

Who's John Galt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in