I am long on banking - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. Right when the stimulus was proposed, it was pointed out that the impact of the stimulus would follow the normal decline of the recession.

2. Pick any three speeches by 0 and examine them for content. Please, you do it as it would make me puke.

3. Correct. Just quit blaming and get to work. I can't make it any clearer. Blaming is time wasted. My rant goes for the WH as well as Congress. Whiney little children.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
1. Right when the stimulus was proposed, it was pointed out that the impact of the stimulus would follow the normal decline of the recession.

2. Pick any three speeches by 0 and examine them for content. Please, you do it as it would make me puke.

3. Correct. Just quit blaming and get to work. I can't make it any clearer. Blaming is time wasted. My rant goes for the WH as well as Congress. Whiney little children.
The recession/stimulus trend line pointed out by opposition when the Stimulus was let was not based on real data, just suppositions and assumption and hope that the recession would be short and shallow like 2002. It was not. That argument died before it hit print

Regarding the speeches, I have read each of them, including today's. You are the one that declared that they are just chock full of examples of whining. I asked for PROOF. Now you want me to go find it. Nice. Remember, you are a man of stats. Proof should be part of that.

And no, until folks on the right quit trying to re-institute Supply Side ideas and deregulation it is going to be brought up to remind folks on the right just how piss poor those plans were. Work is still being done so you don't have to worry about that, but the reminders will stop when the ludicrous bitching from the right about tax cuts and deregulation pipe down and a realistic alternative is suggested. See the cause and effect there.

By the way, I am usually the Project Analyst that gets hired when the second or third in house PM still can't get the job cleaned up. I start from Square One and make sure everyone knows what caused the problems in the first place so they don't occur again. I am also usually the guy that ends up firing those previous PMs that ignored the lessons of the past or, if I find a PM that exhibits certain consistent traits I bring in a very good Project Manager who is a very hot black, lesbian who, after she resets their pointers makes the PM her lapdog until the project is cleaned up. Then she fires him. He learns lessons for his next job, the company gets the project squared up and I have fun. I love the balance of life.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Wrong, they compared the Reagan recession as the worst and guaged all other recorded recessions.

Your last para is correct. I'm sure that incessant bitchin' about the past is not part of her game plan. She would not be a successful PM if she did.
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Wrong, they compared the Reagan recession as the worst and guaged all other recorded recessions.

Your last para is correct. I'm sure that incessant bitchin' about the past is not part of her game plan. She would not be a successful PM if she did.

post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:

She simply reminds folks of the errors of their ways with painful object lessons at inopportune times.

She and I have worked together for nearly 20 years. We have yet to lose a firefight against a bad project.

You do, realize, however that much of the incessant bitching is not coming from the left, don't you? All the Obama is a ZERO stuff, when there are long term plans and the only analysis is based on highly partisan opinion is very much the same thing.

Just look at this board. How much of the whining has been about Obama? Most before he even took office, much within the first 30 days of taking office before any results could begin to be measured.

And now that results are starting to come in, and the economy looks like it might be starting to stabilize, we still hear nothing but bitching and whining and the same crap we heard from day one. WHY?

Your guy screwed up. VERY BADLY. That point has to be driven home every time we keep hearing about tax cuts for the few and deregulation in hopes that folks won't try it again.

And just this week we hear bitching from the right about DHS because NOW there is focus on the growing fringe of the right that is being stupid and DHS is watching them. The right built a monster and it has turned on them. NOW you claim pure innocence.

See how this looks to those of us who are trying to fix this mess and build some kind of consensus and coalition?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^ Hmmmmm. Still Bushes fault? Who has controlled Congress and for how long? Who makes the laws? Who regulates? Who owns most comittees? Who has oversight?

Tag GW with the war but much of the credit for the rest goes to Nancy and Harry.
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
^ Hmmmmm. Still Bushes fault? Who has controlled Congress and for how long? Who makes the laws? Who regulates? Who owns most comittees? Who has oversight?

Tag GW with the war but much of the credit for the rest goes to Nancy and Harry.
Um, not to repeat too much but let's go over it once again.

Until January 20, 2009 BUSH REGULATED. ALL Financial Sector issues were regulated, or NOT regulated by Dept of Commerce, Treasury and their ancillary agencies, all of whom report to the ADMINISTRATIVE.

Until January 20, 2009 BUSH had VETO POWER to stop any bills he did not like.

Since the RECESSION started in 2005-6, ALL of this recession belongs to BUSH. There is not an independent expert in the country that says otherwise. The die was cast by Mid 2006 and was in full bloom by Mid 2007 [the Dems had been a majority 3 months by that point but Republicans were still in charge of ALL Administrative function.

And you really did spell it guage, didn't you. That's just funny.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Sorry, I type way too fast for my own good. I meant gouge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in