BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
I correctly used a 0.
So from that base, what is the negative number indices for the likes of the NeoCons Bush, McConnell, Newt?

Do we key Bushie at -6,000,000,000,000 in honor of his contribution to the National Debt? Or maybe just -240,000,000,000 to cover a years interest on his part of the debt.

Or a more manageable -4273 to address the deaths on his hands of US Troops in Iraq?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
So from that base, what is the negative number indices for the likes of the NeoCons Bush, McConnell, Newt?

Do we key Bushie at -6,000,000,000,000 in honor of his contribution to the National Debt? Or maybe just -240,000,000,000 to cover a years interest on his part of the debt.

Or a more manageable -4273 to address the deaths on his hands of US Troops in Iraq?
Sure, why not. And we can use the same math on 0 for all the debt accumulated while he is in office. And Reagan can get Jimmy's share, etc. The rule always has been that the current guy assumes all the leftovers.
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Sure, why not. And we can use the same math on 0 for all the debt accumulated while he is in office. And Reagan can get Jimmy's share, etc. The rule always has been that the current guy assumes all the leftovers.
Your 2nd wife sure got the shitty deal didn't she..........
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I think the Neos will be sorely disappointed with the result of that game. Reagan did inherit about $900B from Carter and the VietNam war but managed to triple it by the end of his term. The heavy hitters all seem to have an [R] attached to their name.

Now Obama is going to pile on numbers, most to bail out the crap caused by his predecessor. You seem to forget that. But nice to see "the rule" about the current guy. If I remember correctly the only person to use that was bushie when grabbing credit for part of the surplus he was handed. That certainly went well. I think you meant to say the current guy has to clean up Bushie's leftover crap. It is a subtle difference.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^ Mostly correct. My point is that the 0 administration needs to quit living inthe past and deal with what we have now. The US Govt. should act like every other business on the planet and deal with the here and now.

I got the name Dirty Stuart because I get every dirty job that comes along. Usually they are leftovers from a failed attempt. First thing I do is get the team looking forward and concurrently clean up crap while moving quickly towards success. Complaining about the mess is non-value-added and will quickly get you a spot on another team. Policy, procedure, ethics.

Simplistic? Yes. A lot of work? Yes. Quick results? No.

Perseverence and work ethic have not appeared yet. Note the word YET. I call him 0 because he has shown 0.

Note to 0:
Quit with the whining and get moving forward. Quit with the pandering and payoffs and concentrate on the finances. If it's too much for you, then get out of the way and hire someone with competence.
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
^ Mostly correct. My point is that the 0 administration needs to quit living inthe past and deal with what we have now. The US Govt. should act like every other business on the planet and deal with the here and now.

I got the name Dirty Stuart because I get every dirty job that comes along. Usually they are leftovers from a failed attempt. First thing I do is get the team looking forward and concurrently clean up crap while moving quickly towards success. Complaining about the mess is non-value-added and will quickly get you a spot on another team. Policy, procedure, ethics.

Simplistic? Yes. A lot of work? Yes. Quick results? No.

Perseverence and work ethic have not appeared yet. Note the word YET. I call him 0 because he has shown 0.

Note to 0:
Quit with the whining and get moving forward. Quit with the pandering and payoffs and concentrate on the finances. If it's too much for you, then get out of the way and hire someone with competence.
Considering that the Financial sector has started to stabilize and consumer confidence is starting to improve I would think that we are well above ZERO.

I fully understand looking forward. If you look at the plans and what the White House is talking about, you don't see them looking backward, only moving forward. The only chatter on the past is when there are questions as two WHAT issues are being addressed and WHY, both, as you fully well know are necessary in "cleaning up crap".

Look at any of the plans on the WH site. Show me a single backward look. They don't exist. Show me a single speech that is backward looking. They don't exist. The only place they exist in on Talk Radio as folks try to bring back Bush era Economic policies they fail.

Show me "living in the past" beyond problem analysis. If you really have dealt with cleaning up crap on projects, you know that you are up to your ass in crap until you get it shoveled out. You know that you can't move forward until you determine how to unwind all the problems that the previous PM caused. You know that if you miss key elements of the crap from the past, no matter how quickly you move forward, they will bite you sooner, rather than later. You know that besides taking ownership of the future, you have to take full responsibility of the post mortem of the failed project and insure you KNOW what the causes are and what to avoid in the future.

Perseverance and work ethic not appeared? How would you know? You aren't there, you have know clue what the team is doing or how they are managed. They seem to me, from the outside to be knocking down incremental objectives on a regular basis and are getting outcomes that are within expectations promised.

The US Government is NOT like every other business on the planet. Dealing with the here and now requires unwinding the past. And it requires unwinding mistakes of others and it requires unwinding other businesses, all without a "walk away" option. So no, the US Government can't just act like every other business on the planet. There are too many people who depend on it being done correctly or we end up back where we were at the end of 2008.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^ Wow, we sure are hearing 0's speeches differently.

Three easy points:

1. Statistically the recession would start recovery long before any of the free money (yes, Bushes fault) would do any good. In other words, every dime was a waste.

2. 0's speechwriters complain in most every speech that issues were inherited and that they will reverse the past 8 years.

3. Your last para. My entire point is to shut up, deal with the past, and quit whining about your tough job! Yeah it's screwed up! Get over it and get on with it!
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
^ Wow, we sure are hearing 0's speeches differently.

Three easy points:

1. Statistically the recession would start recovery long before any of the free money (yes, Bushes fault) would do any good. In other words, every dime was a waste.

2. 0's speechwriters complain in most every speech that issues were inherited and that they will reverse the past 8 years.

3. Your last para. My entire point is to shut up, deal with the past, and quit whining about your tough job! Yeah it's screwed up! Get over it and get on with it!
The trick is, I READ the speeches, not listen to them. That way I get the real meaning, and not get caught up in performance [I did the same with Bush but for opposite reasons].

1. You can't analyze THIS recovery on any matrixed statistical base. It is longer, deeper, more widespread [more sectors] and, most important does not have a growth sector on which to build a recovery [normally that would be manufacturing, services or war, two of which are offshoring in record numbers].

So you can't deem "every dime a waste" as monies for this recession recovery are on a different application level than any that we have EVER had.

2..Please give concrete examples of where Obama speechwriters "complain in most every speech that issues were inherited". While true, I don't know that I hear it all the time. Maybe the reason it is brought up more than you might want is because of all the opposition from the right and they/you need a reminder of just who caused this mess. For a good chunk of time that seemed to have been forgotten.

3. I understand how, being on the receiving end of having your bad decisions pointed out can be frustrating but I would expect that you might just need to get used to that. Bush failed this country very bad and his supporters, who are STILL trying to bring back Trickle Down Economics apparently need reminded that Trickle Down Economics have failed each time they have been tried. Folks on the right keep trying to suggest that we don't need to "regulate" [see Perry speech TODAY] and need to be reminded of what happens when too many regulations are pulled away and those remaining are ignored.

So, until the kids on the right pipe down with trying to get Bush era Economic Doctrine back in play, fully expect to be reminded constantly just how badly it screwed up this country and how many people it put out of work.

Don't think work is not getting done just because the folks on the left are reminding you of Bush's failures. Most of us on the left are very good at multitasking.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

^ The 0 admin does not expect anyone to read his speeches. In serching for meaning, you are demonstrating traits not commonly found in the lemming mentality commonly associated with 0 supporters. Performance is what 0 relies on.

1. I live and die by stats, both performance and finance. You can't prove a statistic until it happens in real life. This just did. Once recovery is in full swing, expect a boatload of critics demanding the money back. The whining on both sides will intensify.

2. Examples are in most every speech since he started campaigning. Both sides need to shut up and get to work. If I was the top Dem or Pub I would do some serious bitch slappin'.

3. I'm surprised you babbled on in the exact way I criticized.

One last thing. If you are not in the majority you cannot make the laws, rules, or regulation. You know what I am alluding to. The Dems have ONE chance to get this right before the next off-year and prez elections. Disallusion and revolt from within may very well follow. The Republicans failed in the last several elections and still do not have a viable plan. A general failure to turn this around will allow an opposition party (with little to stand on) to win.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
^ The 0 admin does not expect anyone to read his speeches. In serching for meaning, you are demonstrating traits not commonly found in the lemming mentality commonly associated with 0 supporters. Performance is what 0 relies on.

1. I live and die by stats, both performance and finance. You can't prove a statistic until it happens in real life. This just did. Once recovery is in full swing, expect a boatload of critics demanding the money back. The whining on both sides will intensify.

2. Examples are in most every speech since he started campaigning. Both sides need to shut up and get to work. If I was the top Dem or Pub I would do some serious bitch slappin'.

3. I'm surprised you babbled on in the exact way I criticized.
1. If you live and die by stats, why did you start bitching about Obama prior to any trend analysis or stats being developed from which you could glean stats? I sense conflict in your statements.

2. You keep saying there are examples but when I ask for EXAMPLES you just keep SAYING that there are examples. Back to your point 1. STATS=PROOF. I don't see it.

3. Clearly you don't do the project cleanup you suggest you do or you would fully understand both post mortem analysis AND more importantly you would understand the need to continuously drive home the point of the errors and problems to those on the team that still seem to want to utilize the same old policies and game plans [tax cuts and deregulation]that got the project in the dumper in the first place.

Unlike a corporate project that sends the team that screwed up away to screw something else up while you clean up the failed project, this project still has the previous team setting in the back of the conference room throwing erasers at you and trying to get their pet ideas back in play, even though they failed and caused the problems.

So while you consider it babbling on the way that YOU criticized, I fully know that you haven't sized the problem correctly and are really just one of the guys in the back of the conference room.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in