Money talks ( louder than religion ) - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 06:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now, back to the topic of Islamic finance…
Madame, all religions reflect the inherent evil natural to human beings.

The sins and crimes of Islam are well documented – the mosque is indeed made of glass.

As to your original post – it reflects arrogance and pride; sins I’m sure in Islam, you may want to meditate upon this.
Sponsored Links
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 08:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post

First, the Quraanic verse “Let there be no compulsion in religion..” was not an early verse contradicted by the later actions and teachings of Muhammed as the Pope claimed in his speech. ...

Second, I only noticed the mention of Islam in this brief excerpt from Manuel’s conversation with the Muslim whose defence was not even mentioned. If it’s a comparison between Islam and Christianity, then Islam’s voice was not heard. If it was a comparison between reason and faith (as claimed by the title), then he should’ve stuck to his ‘faith’, instead. ...

Third, he chose to later apologize in a very vague manner through a spokesperson and not in person. He apologized to those who were offended but never admitted making a false allegation that was root ...
To your first point, I don't see where he says "it was contradicted", leaving the question intact, but rather that it was written in an early period when Mohammed was still under 'threat' according to some unnamed experts. I can only assume this is meant to imply that there were states that could have tried to use force to oppose his teachings then. You know more about the book than I do. Are there 114 surahs?

To your second, as I read it, it is a proposal to university that reason has a place in religion and religion a place in academics, and both in the conversation between cultures. If there is a contradiction between 2:256 and the messages of madrases, parliaments, and administrations, is it not through this very 'greek' dialogue that it might be best addressed?

As to the third, I agree that the apology was weak. If he had intended to stimulate a dialogue, between Muslim Jew and Christian, on violence, he should have insisted on his point of examination, rather than let it be drowned down by the waves of outrage.

Thanks Tahloube, for the thoughtful response.
I particularly appreciated your reference to the bull of excommunication laid on the alter of the now Hagia Sopia in response to the greek refusal to elevate Jesus fully to the level of god the father (as Rome had commanded in it's revision of 'the profession of faith') aprox. 200 years before Manuel spoke those controversial words. Would the world be better now for christian europe to have been more united against the Osman threat to it's Byzantine neighbor? No. The fundamental question is not what is good for christianity or for islam, but what is best for the children of god, who know no labels but the life they are given. Then as now, those seeking power have used religion to justify what an honest man (or woman) should never condone. A state of encampment against threats to our established selves. When truer religious ideals call us to embrace the good futures of our enemy along with our own, and thereby rise together to prosper in unimaginable ways with new understandings.

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton

Last edited by A264172; 04-04-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: