post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: w204 (C350ELE)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
A political gesture will be towards the Jews not Muslims. The Holy Land, as you know, is under Israeli occupation.

Muslims see hypocrisy in his statement, especially compared to his notorious quote in a previous speech in which Muhammed, the Messenger of Islam, is considered a teacher of evilness and inhuman things.
Look at the title of the thread: Money Talks (louder than religion)

I'd add but BS walks fast as politics, and so far are winning. BTW I don't think the Vatican has speech-writers dumb enough to call the Muslim Prophet a teacher of evilness and inhuman things. Are you sure this was not directed to some fundamentalist leader, rather than the Prophet?

Tahloube, you may be doing your Muslim duty a little too harsh. I know it is hard to see your loved ones suffer and do nothing, but take it easy. Be good and take care of yourself. Eventually, things will change in the Middle East. In which direction? I have no idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
LETS talk peanut butter for a while and forget the problems of Islam and Christianity. Now where was I,???? oh yes pegnitt better stttuuuugllly
Are you a trouble maker? After all the peanut butter that had to be recalled for the digestive havoc it played, you're having some. Have you never watched the commercial: "This is your brain."... "This is your brain on peanut butter."?

Has anyone ever tried a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with hot mustard? Try it on your first grader child.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
(Thread Starter)
JoeVal,

BBC NEWS | Europe | Pope 'sorry' for offence to Islam :

In Tuesday's speech the Pope quoted a 14th Century Christian emperor who said the Prophet Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things.

Stressing that they were not his own words, he quoted the emperor saying: "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

^ How convenient to accuse others without evidence, especially when one has the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades in one's history.
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
So does this mean you freely acknowledge the backwards, oppressive, blood thirsty, and intolerant history of Islam? Or are you brushing that under the rug so as to make your increasingly frequent accusations and judgements of Christians seem more valid?

If you think being a Muslim or Arab means you should be off-limits from criticism for fear of having you label us "hypocrites" or "racists", you're in the wrong oasis.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
(Thread Starter)
What ? You seriously need to study history of Islam, preferably compared to that of the Catholic church. Let me point to you that the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades were the actions of the church that promote 'turning the other cheek', not the 'savage' Muslims.
I didn't mean to offend Christians by pointing what I saw as hypocrisy from the Pope's remarks. If I did indeed offend you or anybody else, then I'm sorry. I really never expected this reaction from people (I'm generalizing) who paid dearly to get rid of the Church's control over their lives in the dark ages and actually call the times after that departure the age of enlightenment.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1984 300GD "G" Wagen, and 1998 Steyr Puch 290GD "G" Van & a 1988 MB Trac 1000
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Difflock
What was it that roman Catholic bishop was reported to have said when purging the agnostics/cathars in the South of france way back then.
when asked how they would know the decent Catholics from the heritics in some particular town they had captured.
" Kill them all , God will know his own"
Neat that
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
What ? You seriously need to study history of Islam, preferably compared to that of the Catholic church. Let me point to you that the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades were the actions of the church that promote 'turning the other cheek', not the 'savage' Muslims.
I didn't mean to offend Christians by pointing what I saw as hypocrisy from the Pope's remarks. If I did indeed offend you or anybody else, then I'm sorry. I really never expected this reaction from people (I'm generalizing) who paid dearly to get rid of the Church's control over their lives in the dark ages and actually call the times after that departure the age of enlightenment.
I'm saying that, as a Muslim, you have absolutely no room to cast stones at ANY other religion for their violent past. Yours is an absolute culture of violence...violence, and apathy towards those who commit it. ANY other statement flies in the face of the facts. Religion of peace, our ass.

I'm not serving as an apologist for Christianity, nor am I providing them excuses for their actions. I can say that they've been as awful as any group at times in their history, completely free of hypocrisy. You cannot. Your references to bloody religious wars goes back CENTURIES; whereas you and your ilk provide asylum for and vehemently defend these barbarians who continue practicing these bloody and senseless activities THIS YEAR.

Strictly speaking, you're right in pointing out that the Pope is a hypocrite - but in doing so, you reveal your own hypocrisy in full daylight for the world to see. I think you should shut the fuck up about this kind of thing, but that's my opinion.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
I'm saying that, as a Muslim, you have absolutely no room to cast stones at ANY other religion for their violent past. Yours is an absolute culture of violence...violence, and apathy towards those who commit it. ANY other statement flies in the face of the facts. Religion of peace, our ass.

I'm not serving as an apologist for Christianity, nor am I providing them excuses for their actions. I can say that they've been as awful as any group at times in their history, completely free of hypocrisy. You cannot. Your references to bloody religious wars goes back CENTURIES; whereas you and your ilk provide asylum for and vehemently defend these barbarians who continue practicing these bloody and senseless activities THIS YEAR.

Strictly speaking, you're right in pointing out that the Pope is a hypocrite - but in doing so, you reveal your own hypocrisy in full daylight for the world to see. I think you should shut the fuck up about this kind of thing, but that's my opinion.

Jimmy Swaggert cried for your sins.........

post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
Well, not mine...
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
JoeVal,BBC NEWS | Europe | Pope 'sorry' for offence to Islam :
In Tuesday's speech the Pope quoted a 14th Century Christian emperor who said the Prophet Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things... Stressing that they were not his own words, he quoted the emperor saying: "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
^ How convenient to accuse others without evidence, especially when one has the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades in one's history.
A statement in a quote or a new declaration, though different in context, are both accepted as truths by the person emitting it if they are the forewords to an apology for such statement. What I am stressing is that the so called Princes of the Faith -be them Catholic, Muslims, or whatever- are just men who are sometimes (maybe all the times at one's eyes) wrong.

As for accusing others without evidence, this is the world we live in (the Peter principle or the law of the chicken pen: the one on an upper rod gets the one underneath dirty). It happens everyday, everywhere. To give you an example, take the "family courts" that sentence to death and execute an adolescent girl who got filthy because she was raped, and in her childhood she had been promised in marriage.

Incidentally, the only thing that I found not cruel about the Inquisition was Mel Brooks musical number in a picture. As for the Crusades, what about the Ottoman Empire?

Chalk everything to human error, brute force, dictatorship, demagogy, oppression, ignorance, avarice, plus everything you got to throw in the pot.

Peace, Tahloube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in