Dallas officer delayed NFL player as relative died - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 10:51 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
I have yet to post a photo of myself so what I look like on this internet forum is whatever you want to imagine I look like. Apparently due to your sudden sensitivity you imagine me to be a retard today. Be my guest. Once you grow back some hide where it hurts lately you will change your image of me as it suits you. Sounds like it could be therapeutic and fun for you. Don't mind me.

Jim

And yet you continue down the "daisy" path of presumed knowledge and magical insight, while basing your foundation on nothing more than stereotypes of the most general order. This is unlike you; I can't imagine what you are really like, even with a picture if you supplied one. A pic is nowhere near enough information as you must know. Yet you still lower yourself to behave like a silly child. Slowly you erode away your political significance, since if this is all you judge by, then your political and general views are quite naive and not worth contemplating. Will you continue to reduce yourself until there is no intellect left? We'll see shortly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Fire your maid. (S)he has been pissing in your orange juice.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:24 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
^And yet... You're still from Oklahoma.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Anyone of us who was there and saw what happened can render an opinion on who they thought was in the right. The rest of us should probably leave the speculation at the door.
Um, the video kind of helps put us there, doesn't it?

Either way, when did THAT become a condition of posting on BWOT? If it is you may as well delete the whole forum, because a significant percentage of BWOT posts reveal either a lack of information, expertise, education or knowledge.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Between the two of them, Moats was far more respectful than the cop, who certainly came across as a power-mad jackass. Even at the end he simply wouldn't shut up but had to keep harping at Moats telling him what he should have done, etc.

What gets me most is that as a rational person, you'd think that when you see somebody rushing to the hospital, there is a reason they are rushing. Maybe you follow them in and check it out, but you don't need to come loping in like Rambo without a jockstrap.

Doubtless the union will stand behind the cop and he'll end up doing some BS community service and sensitivity training and end up in a desk job someplace where he doesn't interact with the public and has no chance for promotion. Looks like the peter principle in effect.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210 View Post
Um, the video kind of helps put us there, doesn't it?

Either way, when did THAT become a condition of posting on BWOT? If it is you may as well delete the whole forum, because a significant percentage of BWOT posts reveal either a lack of information, expertise, education or knowledge.
Um, check the time stamps in my first post and the appearance of the videos.

Also, even though it seems to be a pretty accurate record, there's lots left uncaptured. The involved parties all agree that the officer in question was out of line, which pretty much makes any argument from the peanut gallery moot.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^ "The Moot Peanut Gallery" might just be a better title for this forum...
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
^ Fire your maid. (S)he has been pissing in your orange juice.
No, Q, he's just heard about Palin reinstating the aerial wolf hunting in Alaska.
It's OK, Shane, I'm upset about it, too. We should issue the wolves ultralight aircraft with 20mm cannons, huh? Even things up a bit?
Or if you have some relatives in that neck of the woods, tell them to stop by the gov.s mansion for a bite to eat. Of her.

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210 View Post
Between the two of them, Moats was far more respectful than the cop, who certainly came across as a power-mad jackass. Even at the end he simply wouldn't shut up but had to keep harping at Moats telling him what he should have done, etc.
I agreed with you on this. The cop was actually "pushing" Moats into a confrontation so he can be arrested. I wonder if that is a common behavior of cops to intimate you to do or say something so you are trapped. When I got pulled over last year, first thing the cop said to me was "So your expensive V-1 doesn't work, huh?"

Quote:
What gets me most is that as a rational person, you'd think that when you see somebody rushing to the hospital, there is a reason they are rushing. Maybe you follow them in and check it out, but you don't need to come loping in like Rambo without a jockstrap.
I was thinking the same thing. If you pull into the parking lot of a hospital, there must be some sort of emergency. A cop should at least give the person the benefit of a doubt and check it out first. Then again, in the height of excitement the cop may not be thinking rationally.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
And yet you continue down the "daisy" path of presumed knowledge and magical insight, while basing your foundation on nothing more than stereotypes of the most general order. This is unlike you; I can't imagine what you are really like, even with a picture if you supplied one. A pic is nowhere near enough information as you must know. Yet you still lower yourself to behave like a silly child. Slowly you erode away your political significance, since if this is all you judge by, then your political and general views are quite naive and not worth contemplating. Will you continue to reduce yourself until there is no intellect left? We'll see shortly.
You are on a roll rolling over JS !!

I too have a hard time understanding the cop-out and white-washing of the incident by some when it is nothing but a good old fashioned Texas style oppression of a black man. Is this cop an outlier or is the truth more repugnant that we care to admit ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in