IBM wants stimulus funds while outsourcing to India - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:38 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
This kind of stuff won't end until professionals unite, form a single voice and march on Congress or alternatively, sit in CEO's office and refuse to leave until Obama gets the word.

Unfortunately, most professionals are just too darn timid to engage in such aggressiveness but this downturn might tip the balance. What do you say, cigar ?
What professionals?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Don't start that stalker shit again, DP.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Those fat cats are going to tip the balance over.

IBM wants stimulus funds while outsourcing to India

Are you surprised? India is Israel's second best friend. Israel is wanting Pakistan's destruction. India is more than happy to oblige and Israel rewards India for helping it to spy on Pakistan. I'm sure AIPAC has a hand in this for Israel or at Israel's request. But this is done under the cover of "economics" like the raping of Iraq's resources under the cover of "war on terror."
Think about it.

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 03-26-2009 at 07:59 PM.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Don't start that stalker shit again, DP.
Speak English...Oh, I forgot, that's no longer necessary.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
This kind of stuff won't end until professionals unite, form a single voice and march on Congress or alternatively, sit in CEO's office and refuse to leave until Obama gets the word.

Unfortunately, most professionals are just too darn timid to engage in such aggressiveness but this downturn might tip the balance. What do you say, cigar ?
I thought you were against unions.

I agree completely, however. Most IT professionals that I know really are not willing to step up and fight for their profession or fight for their group on principle.

I sent email to over 100 peers today at IBM. Of that group, only 14 did NOT have their department completely removed or cut in half. I know of folks who have been "1 rated" for the last decade which is the best performance rating you can get at IBM who were laid off today. It was purely a department type cut, removing the most costly employees and departments and those whose jobs can easiest be ported.

One Network Service Center in the NorthEast, which does nothing but house massive server farms and all the support that goes with them for a couple of dozen or so companies is shutting down as soon as they can move ALL the servers to India. They will continue supporting full companywide computer services as today, just a bit further away. That is over 1000 of the jobs, all IT Systems Managers, Network Managers, etc for the insurance, banking, IT and manufacturing industries.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
This kind of stuff won't end until engineering/IT professionals unite, form a single voice and march on Congress or alternatively, sit in CEO's office and refuse to leave until Obama gets the word.

Unfortunately, most white collars are just too darn timid to engage in such aggressiveness but this downturn might tip the balance. What do you say, cigar ?
What do propose doctors do? Same shit is going on in medicine. Tons of Indians are coming here, getting into residency training while American citizen doctors can't get in. What's worse is that these Indians don't have to pay taxes and after raping our resources, go back to India. Medicare pays an estimated $200,000 to train each doctor! These residency training slots are ONLY funded by medicare!
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1992 300SD, 1986 300SDL, 1995 E420
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went through crap like this at Nielsen in Oldsmar, Florida. I can't describe how it feels training people how to do your job knowing you're gonna get canned.

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism."

George Washington, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

"All men having power ought to be mistrusted." James Madison

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." James Madison
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadiesel View Post
I went through crap like this at Nielsen in Oldsmar, Florida. I can't describe how it feels training people how to do your job knowing you're gonna get canned.
I picked up a couple of folks from Brazil a couple of weeks ago who are going to be doing a six month "knowledge transfer" for someone else's project. Fortunately I am not involved in this one but have been on several before. It truly sucks.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1987 560SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jplinville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post

IBM wants stimulus funds while outsourcing to India

Are you surprised? India is Israel's second best friend. Israel is wanting Pakistan's destruction. India is more than happy to oblige and Israel rewards India. I'm sure AIPAC has a hand in this for Israel or at Israel's request. But this is done under the cover of "economics" like the raping of Iraq's resources under the cover of "war on terror."
Think about it.
According to most of your posts, everything is Israel's fault...Did we have a bad childhood experience to cause these thoughts of hatred, or are you a direct descendant of Hitler himself?

I'm not a real dickhead...but I acted like one in high school.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I thought you were against unions.
Not in principle.

A fair negotiation is not possible if one side can simply divide and conquer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in