The Day Pakistan and Israel Came Close to War - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Cancer_Researcher's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 13,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation The Day Pakistan and Israel Came Close to War

YouTube - The Day Pakistan and Israel Came Close to War

Israel will never stop sticking its finger in the Lion's mouth. To fuck with Pakistan would be the day its existence will end. Pakistan is not Iraq or Lebanon.
Cancer_Researcher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
How come Pakistan can't control its own northern borders? What about resolving the Kashmir issue?
DP is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Cancer_Researcher's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 13,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
How come Pakistan can't control its own northern borders? What about resolving the Kashmir issue?
I believe that many Pakistanis have sympathies towards these terrorists. This includes many in the gov't as well as in the army and the general public. They don't necessarily like the terrorists but do like what they did to us to sort of "teach us a lesson" for supporting Israel in the killing of Palestinians, their "Muslim brothers." Do you think that a country who in the Israeli-Arab wars did not loose a single plane when they were flying for the Arabs while downing several Israeli jets could not take them out?

I hate to say it, but as far as the Kashmir issue is concerned, it is really neither in the interest of Pakistan nor India to resolve it. Here is the reason:

AGAINST PAKISTAN'S INTEREST: India has a huge army compared to that of Pakistan's. With the Kashmir issue, most of India's army and resources are being spent there while Pakistan doesn't have to keep so much of it's army on the LOC and has help from these very terrorists who they are not really wanting to go after. Keeps India from attacking Pakistan. India has attacked Pakistan 3 times after the partition. Pakistan had defended herself successfully but at a great expense and loss of life. Therefore they keep the Indians busy. Notice the Pakistanis "gave" these terrorists the northern part of Pakistan, an awesome tourist area that generated income like crazy from Pakistan. It is close to Kashmir. They could have just as easily given them the southern part of Pakistan which is dry and useless.

AGAINST INDIA'S INTEREST: India is made up of so many different cultures, provinces who all speak different languages, have different cultures, and even different Hindu Gods. India itself is not united and like Israel, is also very racist. The majority Hindus mistreat the Muslims very much, hence the creation of Pakistan. The Hindus also grossly mistreat the Christians as well as the Sikhs. Sikhs, who are indigenous to that region (Punjab, India) even tried to separate from India in the late 80's or very early 90's. The Indian government massacred so many and put out the movement completely! So many innocent men, women, and children were killed. Since India is not united by culture, language, or religion, and the CASTE system doesn't help either, India cannot afford to loose Kashmir because if Kashmir falls then all these other groups will also want to separate as well, especially those on the lower level of the caste system. This is India's biggest nightmare. Many of the attacks that India blames on Pakistan are actually these Indian separatists according to both Pakistani Intelligence agencies as well a retired Indian Army officer friend of mine.

So actually both countries want the Kashmir issue to remain a stalemate for their own survival. Pakistan would be attacked and it would be devastating for the region and Pakistan WILL go for first strike nuclear assault. Loosing Kashmir would break India into smaller nations. India also has a lot of internal problems that it does not broadcast.

Fucked are the Kashmiri people who both on the Indian side as well as Pakistani side want either independence or join Pakistan but in no case to they want to be a part of India. According to the deal that was struck during partition, Kashmir was to be a part of Pakistan but the Maharajah was a Hindu and called in the Indian army and ever since then have occupied it.
Cancer_Researcher is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
kashmir is not an issue.. they both will tell you so. lol

the northern border/provinces is definitely an issue. i am not sure why islamabad made the deal with the north as it did except to pacify them. i feel that will play out eventually where the NWFP, FATA and FANA secede completely. it's the natural order of things over there.

Quote:
Notice the Pakistanis "gave" these terrorists the northern part of Pakistan, an awesome tourist area that generated income like crazy from Pakistan. It is close to Kashmir. They could have just as easily given them the southern part of Pakistan which is dry and useless.
i don't get this part as the income has gone to ZERO. they made the rich north in the a wasteland, basically. talib country.



in political asylum
mzsmbs is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 12:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
baby boo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
....Israel will never stop sticking its finger in the Lion's mouth. To fuck with Pakistan would be the day its existence will end. Pakistan is not Iraq or Lebanon.

I imagine that you assert this with the same degree of certainty that Iraq did prior to the First Gulf war (“mother of all battles”)

Or that Hamas did, more recently, predicting that Gaza would become the “graveyard” for Israeli soldiers: Hamas: Gaza will be a graveyard for IDF troops | Israel | Jerusalem Post

Or with basically the same bravado that every Arab army has when facing Israel since 1948. (the Egyptian army abandoned their shoes so as to be able to flee the advancing Israelis in the Sinai desert in the 1967 war). The closest that the Arabs have ever come to a stalemate against Israel was during the 1973 war when they were saved from certain defeat by diplomatic maneuvering after the Egyptian third army was surrounded and starved by Sharon’s and Adan’s armies.

June 8, 1982 – 1982 Lebanon War: The destruction of the entire Soviet supplied Syrian air-defence system in Lebanon within a few hours without a single warplane lost; Syria with the help of the Soviet Union built up an overlapping network of surface-to-air missiles. It achieved in dogfights a total of 80 Syrian planes shoot-downs, without a single Israeli plane being shot down.Israeli Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The Muslims talk a good game but, in reality are cowards and the numerous wars between them and tiny Israel has proven it.

If ever there were a nuclear exchange between Israel and Pakistan I’m sure that the Indians would just jump in like Jackals and take the opportunity to finish the Pakis off.

Lots of military cooperation between Israel and India, BTW. India recently both launched and acquired for its own use an advanced Israeli spy satellite (RISAT-2) that has inclement weather capabilities and can acquire images of objects on earth as small as 10 cm in diameter. NDTV.com: India acquires Israeli spy satellite
baby boo is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^^
That is true!
India will be the second front.
Arabs have proven for the most part that they can only fight a guerrilla warfare at best.
DP is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 04:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Punjabi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Location: In Virtual Reality
Posts: 3,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo View Post
I imagine that you assert this with the same degree of certainty that Iraq did prior to the First Gulf war (“mother of all battles”)

Or that Hamas did, more recently, predicting that Gaza would become the “graveyard” for Israeli soldiers: Hamas: Gaza will be a graveyard for IDF troops | Israel | Jerusalem Post

Or with basically the same bravado that every Arab army has when facing Israel since 1948. (the Egyptian army abandoned their shoes so as to be able to flee the advancing Israelis in the Sinai desert in the 1967 war). The closest that the Arabs have ever come to a stalemate against Israel was during the 1973 war when they were saved from certain defeat by diplomatic maneuvering after the Egyptian third army was surrounded and starved by Sharon’s and Adan’s armies.

June 8, 1982 – 1982 Lebanon War: The destruction of the entire Soviet supplied Syrian air-defence system in Lebanon within a few hours without a single warplane lost; Syria with the help of the Soviet Union built up an overlapping network of surface-to-air missiles. It achieved in dogfights a total of 80 Syrian planes shoot-downs, without a single Israeli plane being shot down.Israeli Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The Muslims talk a good game but, in reality are cowards and the numerous wars between them and tiny Israel has proven it.

If ever there were a nuclear exchange between Israel and Pakistan I’m sure that the Indians would just jump in like Jackals and take the opportunity to finish the Pakis off.

Lots of military cooperation between Israel and India, BTW. India recently both launched and acquired for its own use an advanced Israeli spy satellite (RISAT-2) that has inclement weather capabilities and can acquire images of objects on earth as small as 10 cm in diameter. NDTV.com: India acquires Israeli spy satellite
heh, heh......loadsa crap! heh, heh.......idiotic rhetoric by an ignorant idiot! heh, heh.......
Punjabi is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 04:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Punjabi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Location: In Virtual Reality
Posts: 3,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
How come Pakistan can't control its own northern borders? What about resolving the Kashmir issue?
heh, heh.......Border control - much better than the Mex/US control line! heh, heh........trivia issue of no relevance! heh, heh.....as for Kashmir, it is an impasse between India/Pakistan! heh, heh......do some bedtime reading! heh, heh.......
Punjabi is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 03:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
baby boo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
heh, heh......loadsa crap! heh, heh.......idiotic rhetoric by an ignorant idiot! heh, heh.......
Israel sells loads of high tech weaponry to India. In fact fully one third of Israel Defense Industry sales are to India alone.
Serves both countries well. Case in point is India’s recent acquisition of an Israeli spy satellite that I previously mentioned. India’s current satellite cannot see through cloud formations. The Indian government undertook a project to build a new updated satellite but because of long delays in implementation decided to purchase the Israeli satellite instead. India thus gets to spy on its arch enemy Pakistan and Israel profits both from the sale and the resultant good will between their respective countries. (BTW, the motivation for doing this was the recent Mumbai attacks in India that killed scores of people and whom many suspect Pakistani security services had played a role).

India also launched an Israeli spy satellite (presumably one that will be spying on Iran) using their launch facilities. Although Israel has its own launch capabilities, the Indian site was better positioned to to place the satellite in (I assume a geo-stationary orbit) over its intended target.
baby boo is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Tahloube's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Posts: 2,073
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Arab armies are not for wars against Israel, they're only for parades. Ask any Arab and he'll tell you the same.

Arab leaders were shouting their throats out in radio broadcasts, playing the masses favourite "we'll liberate Palestine" tune, while orders for troops on the ground were to withdraw. Arabs never fought a real war against Israel. Ask any soldier of those armies, read biographies of top officials... It's unbelievable until you hear the same story from them all up to the smallest detail.
Tahloube is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    British expert:Israel used weapons containing enriched uranium in Gaza war Tahloube Off-Topic 0 03-01-2009 12:49 PM
    Israel to shield Gaza war soldiers Teutone Off-Topic 2 01-25-2009 11:18 PM
    For everyman must one day meet his maker.......Bush to visit Israel in January Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 0 12-04-2007 02:39 PM
    Israel desperately seeks US to make war with Iran. firstmb Off-Topic 2 01-02-2007 08:04 PM
    Pakistan won't recognise Israel: Musharraf firstmb Off-Topic 2 12-21-2005 03:12 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome