Why am I not suprised? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,163
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Why am I not suprised?

A US Navy submarine and an American amphibious ship have collided in the Strait of Hormuz.

Have your say: Iran

The stretch of water is between Iran and the Arabian peninsula.

According to the navy's Bahrain-based 5th Fleet, the vessels were submerged when they crashed.

Fifteen soldiers aboard the USS Hartford submarine were slightly injured but able to return to duty.

No injuries were reported on the amphibious ship, the USS New Orleans.

But the ship suffered a ruptured fuel tank, which resulted in an oil spill of approximately 25,000 gallons of diesel.

The damage to both vessels is still being evaluated.

Both ships are currently operating under their own power. The crash is currently under investigation.

The Navy said both ships were on regularly scheduled deployments to the region and conducting security operations.

Officials said the collision happened about 1am local time.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,163
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Think about it

According to the navy's Bahrain-based 5th Fleet, the vessels were submerged when they crashed.( How can a ship submerge and create an accident with a sub??)

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.

Last edited by eric242340; 03-20-2009 at 08:33 AM.
eric242340 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Brentwood MB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
A US Navy submarine and an American amphibious ship have collided in the Strait of Hormuz.

Have your say: Iran

The stretch of water is between Iran and the Arabian peninsula.

According to the navy's Bahrain-based 5th Fleet, the vessels were submerged when they crashed.

Fifteen soldiers aboard the USS Hartford submarine were slightly injured but able to return to duty.

No injuries were reported on the amphibious ship, the USS New Orleans.

But the ship suffered a ruptured fuel tank, which resulted in an oil spill of approximately 25,000 gallons of diesel.

The damage to both vessels is still being evaluated.

Both ships are currently operating under their own power. The crash is currently under investigation.

The Navy said both ships were on regularly scheduled deployments to the region and conducting security operations.

Officials said the collision happened about 1am local time.
Thats what happens when you try to sqeeze 10lbs. of Sh$t into a 1lb. Bag...
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,163
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
Thats what happens when you try to sqeeze 10lbs. of Sh$t into a 1lb. Bag...
??????

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:30 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Our underwater is as occupied with ships as our space orbits are with junk. We are one crowded planet. Mankind sure knows how to fuck things up. No wonder mother earth is killing us off.
Shane is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,163
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Our underwater is as occupied with ships as our space orbits are with junk. We are one crowded planet. Mankind sure knows how to fuck things up. No wonder mother earth is killing us off.
Shane, whilst I agree with your thoughts, you missed the point. It said both were submerged at the time. Ships do not submerge, subs do.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
The lower part of the hull was submerged. If you want to get picky it is simply a typo. Where's the beef?
Shane is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,163
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
The lower part of the hull was submerged. If you want to get picky it is simply a typo. Where's the beef?
Where is the BEEF? she is in bed now, why do you ask?

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
Shane, whilst I agree with your thoughts, you missed the point. It said both were submerged at the time. Ships do not submerge, subs do.
I believe some amphibious assualt crafts can put themselves pretty low in the water so as to not offer as much of a target to the land based defenders and to do sneaky things, like land teams of Green Berets to drop little tracking chips for smart bombs on future targets. Gee, I wonder what these guys were doing?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
This is not the fault of any American equipment or personnel. Everyone knows that Chinese made Iranian underwater traffic signals are notoriously unreliable........

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Suprised by the 350 made W204 C-Class 16 04-14-2008 11:45 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome