Pelosi Tells Illegals That Work Site Raids are Un-American... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pelosi Tells Illegals That Work Site Raids are Un-American...

The speaker of the House told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants recently that enforcement of immigration laws in the United States is "un-American."

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
^BWOT members tell Jay he has never posted anything that wasn't pro Republican. How are we to take you seriously when you cannot even see beyond rigid party mantra lines? No one agrees with any party 100% of the time. Prove it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 03:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^ So......she didn't say it? Was it out of context?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 03:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
^BWOT members tell Jay he has never posted anything that wasn't pro Republican. How are we to take you seriously when you cannot even see beyond rigid party mantra lines? No one agrees with any party 100% of the time. Prove it.
Jeez, Shane, are you too lazy to even click a link now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by article after clicking link
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants and their families that enforcement of existing immigration laws, as currently practiced, is "un-American."

The speaker, condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."

"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."

Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them," Gutierrez told FOX News Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram on Tuesday.

The congressman is collecting petitions that ask President Obama to "stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart." He is expected to present those petitions when Hispanic members of Congress meet with the President Wednesday.

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."

Referring to work site enforcement actions by ICE agents, Pelosi said, "We have to have a change in policy and practice and again ... I can't say enough, the raids must end. The raids must end.

"You are special people. You're here on a Saturday night to take responsibility for our country's future. That makes you very, very patriotic."

"I was embarrassed by what she said," said Rick Oltman, with Californians for Population Stabilization, an anti-illegal immigrant group. "Exhorting illegal aliens for taking responsibility for our country's future.... In fact, sitting there in the audience.... I really resented that comment."

"I think it was pandering to the crowd but also insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law," said Oltman, who shot a video of the rally.

I've never cared a bit for Ms. Pelosi, and this kind of crap is worse than I thought she was. She thinks those who support illegal immigrants are very patriotic? She's nuts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I am on the Fence on this one. I do not believe anyone should be allowed to break our laws.
Those illegals should not be afforded employment without proper docs. If that makes me a bad person.......sorry.
I do feel that those who attract and hire these people are also guilty of breaking the law as well as morally abusing mankind for their own greed..an need to be punished...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
One thing I learned a long time ago is that you can't reason w/ the unreasonable (aka Kookbergers).

Don't believe everything you think
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 03:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Ah, Peloooosi, would she be ashaned in wolf's clothing ?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
ignorant
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 04:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2008
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ameros! HERE WE COME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker-1999 S600 View Post
the comparison between a V8 and a V12 isn't a decision, it's an opportunity.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonet View Post
Ameros! HERE WE COME!
You are welcome anytime, Just make sure your papers are in order, and the correct amounts have been deposited into the secret account............you can PM the Leader for that information...................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in