Pelosi Tells Illegals That Work Site Raids are Un-American... - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I think she'd look great in a burka...
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
or paper bag.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Forget Pelosi. She is full of crap. Both parties are in the same bed on this one. Companies need cheap labor, and the answer is pretending that the problem does not exist and letting them hire illegal aliens with impunity. With us the taxpayers paying for their welfare and medical bills.

Everyone who is capable of rational thinking knows that the solution lies in taking action against employers who hire illegal aliens. Stiff penalties and prison terms for repeat offenders. Problem solved. They will not come here, period. No fences needed.

Hypocritical capitalism at its best.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Moderately subtle
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Enforcing these laws would open up one hell of a job market, eh?

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
^ So......she didn't say it? Was it out of context?
Apparently just a smidge. The HEADLINE says WORKSITE RAIDS are Un American but the quote in the article says...
"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."
...which suggests raids at home. So, yes, it was out of context from the blaring headline.

So the article draws a conflict. Was she talking about worksite raids or raids in the homes that separate families and she thinks that separating families is Un-American?

SPIN. Fairly Unbalanced.

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1975 450SL
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Having lived in Arizona for 25 years, I've seen a lot. There are many 'angles' to the whole debate.

One statement I've heard is that we do not have an illegal immigrant problem, we have an illegal employer problem.

I've seen where a cleaning contractor calls INS on payday in order to skip out on paying the workers.

I've seen an illegal that has been deported multiple times shoot a cop in cold blood.

I've seen a law enforcement agency commit blatant racial profiling.

There are no absolutes in this debate. Anyone that only looks for a 'back and white' take on the issue does a severe disservice to the issue, all parties involved, and themselves.

I sometimes wonder whether those who look at issues with a 'binary' mindset are intellectually lazy, or have been frightened or manipulated into complacency.

Or is it that only simple minds see simple solutions.

Anyway, milfy and jhawk, you really need to stop watching Faux News. You'll find yourself hanging out on the Free Republic, listening to Limbaugh and Hannity, and trying to score Meth or Oxy at Denny's until you get busted.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: