clkman ? - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I really hate to see a site like this run by fear and intimidation. It is beneath those of us who hang here... How sad indeed!
Careful, don't step over that line in the sand! Oh, that's right you've been there, done that, haven't you?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 08:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Careful, don't step over that line in the sand! Oh, that's right you've been there, done that, haven't you?
Yes I have! But what really worries me is that I've seen this sort of thing before on another site, and the other site is now defunct. This is a good place w/ good people, but that isn't enough to keep it together if those good people begin to feel they can't say what is on their mind.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #33 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As a future victim of repression I can tell you that the gecko knows all.
yoseyman is offline  
post #34 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,197
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Yes I have! But what really worries me is that I've seen this sort of thing before on another site, and the other site is now defunct. This is a good place w/ good people, but that isn't enough to keep it together if those good people begin to feel they can't say what is on their mind.
Jay, speaking what is on your mind has a limit. Whilst I agree with you in principle, speaking one's own mind must stay within a forums rules, any forum has rules for a reason and I have found Benzworld to be the most open on its Mod policy. Trust me, I have been banned from other forums for a fraction of the infringment here.

I am a total outsider compared with you guy's but I still think this forum is the best I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is online now  
post #35 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,197
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
As a future victim of repression I can tell you that the gecko knows all.
Would it not be nice if the gecko told all?????

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is online now  
post #36 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
damn that gecko

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is online now  
post #37 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
Jay, speaking what is on your mind has a limit. Whilst I agree with you in principle, speaking one's own mind must stay within a forums rules, any forum has rules for a reason and I have found Benzworld to be the most open on its Mod policy. Trust me, I have been banned from other forums for a fraction of the infringment here.

I am a total outsider compared with you guy's but I still think this forum is the best I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of.
I agree w/ you! But my point still stands!!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #38 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
damn that gecko
Be nice to the Gecko.
yoseyman is offline  
post #39 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jdc1244's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 18,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
This is a good place w/ good people, but that isn't enough to keep it together if those good people begin to feel they can't say what is on their mind.
I also agree but it depends on the venue where one speaks his mind - in a forum post or PM to a mod. As Eric notes this place is allowed to be fairly free-wheeling; I’m not aware of any heavy-handed censorship with regard to any member in general or the clk man in particular. As also noted this more than likely happened behind the scenes. For example, if a mod contacts you for some reason via PM and that member tells the mod to go f*ck himself – or one does the same to anther member who reports the PM – you really have only yourself to blame.

My experience has been most bans result from inappropriate PMs or emails rather than an inappropriate public post.

For all we know Robert asked to be banned.

As for the gecko, he can go f*ck himself.
jdc1244 is offline  
post #40 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244 View Post
I also agree but it depends on the venue where one speaks his mind - in a forum post or PM to a mod. As Eric notes this place is allowed to be fairly free-wheeling; I’m not aware of any heavy-handed censorship with regard to any member in general or the clk man in particular. As also noted this more than likely happened behind the scenes. For example, if a mod contacts you for some reason via PM and that member tells the mod to go f*ck himself – or one does the same to anther member who reports the PM – you really have only yourself to blame.

My experience has been most bans result from inappropriate PMs or emails rather than an inappropriate public post.

For all we know Robert asked to be banned.

As for the gecko, he can go f*ck himself.


Dude, why??
yoseyman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    For clkman Nutz 4 Benz Off-Topic 3 01-26-2009 09:03 PM
    The clkman needs some help the clk man C208/A208 CLK-Class 6 08-20-2008 06:26 PM
    To CLKMan.... Qubes Off-Topic 2 07-13-2008 11:39 AM
    I like the clkman cmitch Off-Topic 21 04-15-2008 08:23 AM
    For the clkman cmitch Off-Topic 1 01-14-2008 06:11 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome