In response to the AIG bonus brawl - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
In response to the AIG bonus brawl

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Democratic US congressman said on Tuesday he has introduced a bill that would slap a 60 percent surtax on large bonuses to be paid to executives at bailed-out insurer American International Group Inc.
Shane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
bandit96's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Location: northern ohio
Posts: 7,558
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Democratic US congressman said on Tuesday he has introduced a bill that would slap a 60 percent surtax on large bonuses to be paid to executives at bailed-out insurer American International Group Inc.
Didn't he mean a 160% surtax?
that would be 100% because it wasn't meant for bonuses
and an extra 60% because the fat greedy bastards should be grateful they still have a JOB! Even with a 60% pay cut would probably STILL be making more than twice what the poor sap was that they laid off last year because they wanted to save money!!

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
bandit96 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 03:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
Didn't he mean a 160% surtax?
that would be 100% because it wasn't meant for bonuses
and an extra 60% because the fat greedy bastards should be grateful they still have a JOB! Even with a 60% pay cut would probably STILL be making more than twice what the poor sap was that they laid off last year because they wanted to save money!!
This proves that no one read the stimulus bill. Sen Dodd already exempted bonuses from gov't limitation if they were agreed to before this year.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That doesn't matter, COTUS prohibits "prior restraint", they can just rescind that portion of the Stimulus Bill. Sounds like the best idea to me. Tax their ass. As a Democrat, that has a certain ring to it I like...

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: w204 (C350ELE)
Location: Miami, Fl and Mar del Plata, Argentina
Posts: 1,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
That doesn't matter, COTUS prohibits "prior restraint", they can just rescind that portion of the Stimulus Bill. Sounds like the best idea to me. Tax their ass. As a Democrat, that has a certain ring to it I like...
Yes, Sireeee Bob. Just replace the 1040 Return for the 1040UEDS (UEDS for Universal Emergency Deposit Slip) for 2008, a three liner to read: line 1. Gross income (all concepts)..., line 2. Employer discounts and other Pre-Payments to IRS..., line 3. Total (line 1. minus line 2) to be deposited at any bank for credit to Internal Revenue Service. Note: FAX this form with bank receipt to 1-800-EAT CRAP by April 15, 2009.
JoeVal is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 11,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
New definition for an online dictionary: "failure bonuses"

'Multimillion dollar bonuses paid by US tax payers to executives of companies who ran those companies into the ground due to utter incompetence and boundless greed, and were bailed out by US tax payers by orders of the US government.

Last edited by p100; 03-17-2009 at 06:22 PM.
p100 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p100 View Post
New definition for an online dictionary: "failure bonuses"

'Multimillion dollar bonuses paid by US tax payers to executives of companies who ran those companies into the ground due to utter incompetence and boundless greed, and were bailed out by US tax payers by orders of the US government.
see Fuckup Bucks

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Advice from an AIG Shareholder mcbear Off-Topic 4 03-16-2009 02:00 PM
    Citadel gets 200M from AIG mlfun Off-Topic 2 03-15-2009 08:55 PM
    AIG bonuses mlfun Off-Topic 15 01-27-2009 08:45 PM
    AIG: another $10B? DP Off-Topic 1 12-10-2008 11:40 AM
    Time to drop AIG Gregs300CD Off-Topic 3 11-11-2008 08:50 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome