"Sovereign" drunk-driver tells judge the law doesn't apply to him - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 02:12 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: '81 300GD Cabrio, '78 450 SEL 6.9 Rocketship, Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Actually, this guy isn't completely wrong. I think the drunk may be referring to "capitis diminutio" under International Maritime Admiralty Law. If the charges were indeed brought against his "corporate" persona, he has a valid argument, and would be correct in his claim of sovereignty. Under IMAL, a human being is different then a "person". Most legal proceedings are brought against the "person" because this is the corporate identity that the human being was given at birth by the government. Pay attention below to Capitis Diminutio Maxima, and then go look at how your name is printed on bills, legal documents, loan papers, etc. but most importantly.....your birth certificate....all caps.....therefore stripping your "person" of all rights at birth.

Natural Person

Human being, as distinguished from artificial persons or corporations recognized by the law.

A person in law, includes both a natural person, i.e., a human being, and an artificial person, i.e., a corporation. In strict sense, in law, a person is any being capable of having rights and duties and is of two classes only, namely, natural person and legal person. A natural person is a human being who has the capacity for rights and duties. A corporation is a legal person. See First National Bank of Boston v Belluth, 435 U.S. 765, 98 S.Ct. 1407, 55 L.Ed.2d 707. Unborn children are not persons for the purposes of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Federal Constitution. See Roe v Wade, 410 U.S. 113, 93 S.Ct. 705, 35 L.Ed.2d 147. However, for the purposes of statutes governing actions for wrongful death, a viable fetus has been held to be a person. See Rice v Rizk, Ky.453 S.W.2d 732. For a contrary view see Lawrence v Craven Tire Co., 169 S.E.2d 440, 210 Va. 138. §1-201(29) of the U.P.C. defines the word as follows: an individual, a corporation, an organization, or other legal entity. The word has been statutorily defined as follows: "Person" includes individual, partnership, and corporation, but does not include governmental unit. 11 U.S.C. §101(30). An individual, a corporation, a partnership, an association, a joint-stock company, a trust, any unincorporated organization, or a government or political subdivision thereof. As used in this paragraph the term "trust" shall include only a trust where the interest or interests of the beneficiary or beneficiaries are evidenced by a security. 15 U.S.C. §77(b)(2). An individual, a corporation, a partnership, an association, a joint-stock company, a business trust, or an unincorporated organization. 15 U.S.C. §78(c)(9). An individual or company. 15 U.S.C. §79(b)(1) "Person" and "whoever" mean an individual, partnership, committee, association, corporation, or any other organization or group of persons. 18 U.S.C. §591(g). The term "person" and the term "whoever" include any individual, corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, society, or joint-stock company. 18 U.S.C. §917(1). Any employee, or agent of the United States or any State or political subdivision thereof, and any individual, partnership, association, joint-stock company, trust, or corporation. 18 U.S.C. §2510(6). "Person" includes one or more individuals, labor organizations, partnerships, associations, corporations, legal representatives, mutual companies, joint-stock companies, trusts, unincorporated organizations, trustees, trustees in bankruptcy, or receivers. 29 U.S.C. §403 (d). An individual, a corporation, an organization, or other legal entity. U.C.C. §1-201(29). "Person" includes an individual or an organization. U.C.C. §1-201(30). A natural person or an organization. 12 C.F.R. §226.2(v).

These next five spellings of "John Doe" come from Black's Law Dictionary 4th edition

John Doe (this is the first one)

Capitis Diminutio Minima Blacks Law Dictionary Revised 4th Ed.1968
The lowest or least comprehensive degree of loss of status. This occurred where a man’s family relations alone were changed. It happened upon the arrogation [pride] of a person who had been his own master, (sui juris,) [of his own right, not under any legal disability] or upon the emancipation of one who had been under the patria potestas. [parental authority] It left the rights of liberty and citizenship unaltered. See Inst. 1, 16, pr.; 1, 2, 3; Dig. 4, 5, 11; Mackeld.Rom.Law, 144.

John DOE (this is the second one)

Capitis Diminutio Media Blacks Law Dictionary Revised 4th Ed.1968
A lesser or medium loss of status. This occurred where a man loses his rights of citizenship, but without losing his liberty. It carried away also the family rights.

JOHN DOE (here is the third one)

Capitis Diminutio Maxima Blacks Law Dictionary Revised 4th Ed.1968
The highest or most comprehensive loss of status. This occurred when a man’s condition was changed from one of freedom to one of bondage, when he became a slave. It swept away with it all rights of citizenship and all family rights.

john doe (this is the fourth one)
sovereign individual

Nomme de Guerre: DOE, JOHN (the fifth one)
The Nomme de Guerre has no rights and freedoms and is a complete slave to the Admiral.

Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of Law © 1996, Merriam- Webster Incorporated
Natural person
A human being as distinguished from a person (as a corporation) created by operation of law

"Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self evident"-Arthur Schopenhauer

Last edited by ogrenutz; 03-14-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: And what was left was what was guilt was what u gave to me
Location: A cavalcade of strangers came to tear ur world apart
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1725 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
I have a Shane costume I wear for that purpose. It's just that Cherry Slurpees aren't always in season here and I have to substitute Strawberry.
That is all fine and dandy, but do you wear the wolf's head like me as well? Yeah I know it gets grey hair all over the subtle Armani pinstripe, but it does get you understood and well known. I recommend a light colored, solid tie. The grey hair can get overwhelming. The girls can't keep their hands off of it either. Sigh.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas & Moon Pies
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The Wolf's head was on back order so they gave me a Javelina instead.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: