LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 11:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
AIPAC is at the CORE of this power play, please don't play possum.
AFAIK AIPAC did not even take an official position with regards to Freeman's nomination. Congressional members deny having been contacted by AIPAC concerning this: House and Senate members: We never heard from AIPAC about Freeman | Capital J | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

Seems like you’re the one making unsubstantiated allegations.

Game, set , match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 11:47 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo View Post
AFAIK AIPAC did not even take an official position with regards to Freeman's nomination. Congressional members deny having been contacted by AIPAC concerning this: House and Senate members: We never heard from AIPAC about Freeman | Capital J | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

Game, set , match.
Whatever you say! The key here was "official position" you said it yourself. The flack was coming from thin air, yeah that's it, you win I lose!
When poisonous allegations have to be flung like shit they are NEVER an official position for a good reason, but that's ok we dumb Americans just have to buy your argument, close our eyes and agree to justify the witch hunt on that man because that's the "right thing to do". Yes Boo, game, set, match, you always win, we on the other hand must just roll over and die and let things be the way they should, your way!
post #73 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 11:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:

Game, set , match.
When you play with yourself like that baby boo, it is really easy to keep score.

Re-read the originating post of this thread - while AIPAC is not specifically named, it is called the "Israeli lobby" and if you know of the other Israeli lobby that is behind this, let us all know what they call themselves now.

Also, I would not hold my breath waiting for members of Congress to send out press releases describing their inability to conduct business in the interests of the United States due to AIPAC, whether or not it is true, and especially if it is true.

Jim
post #74 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 02:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: w204 (C350ELE)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Good, now let's take control of our OWN country
Drewprof: Did you get lost? No offense, but that looks like a sari on your avatar. Then again, my eyes are not what they used to be. But Jim and I were referring to the good old USA. What country are you talking about?
At least that seems to be Jim's and it is mine for sure, though till Fall settles I'll stay in MDP.
post #75 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 02:51 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVal View Post
Drewprof: Did you get lost? No offense, but that looks like a sari on your avatar. Then again, my eyes are not what they used to be. But Jim and I were referring to the good old USA. What country are you talking about?
At least that seems to be Jim's and it is mine for sure, though till Fall settles I'll stay in MDP.
What do you think i was referring to?
post #76 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 03:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
What was the rationale behind the pick ?!

GOOD JOB !!!

Quote:
Jon Chait - Obama's Intelligence Blunder - washingtonpost.com

The most extreme manifestation of Freeman's realist ideology came out in a leaked e-mail he sent to a foreign policy Internet mailing list. Freeman wrote that his only problem with what most of us call "the Tiananmen Square Massacre" was an excess of restraint:

"[T]he truly unforgivable mistake of the Chinese authorities was the failure to intervene on a timely basis to nip the demonstrations in the bud, rather than -- as would have been both wise and efficacious -- to intervene with force when all other measures had failed to restore domestic tranquility to Beijing and other major urban centers in China. In this optic, the Politburo's response to the mob scene at 'Tian'anmen' stands as a monument to overly cautious behavior on the part of the leadership, not as an example of rash action. . . .

"I do not believe it is acceptable for any country to allow the heart of its national capital to be occupied by dissidents intent on disrupting the normal functions of government, however appealing to foreigners their propaganda may be. Such folk, whether they represent a veterans' 'Bonus Army' or a 'student uprising' on behalf of 'the goddess of democracy' should expect to be displaced with despatch [sic] from the ground they occupy."
post #77 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 12:26 AM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
WTF? The entire smear campaign against Freeman was instigated and orchestrated by AIPAC operative (formerly director) Steven Rosen, who's currently under indictment for passing national-security secrets to the Israelis. He stands trial next month! The rage among the traitors here is ironic, to say the least.

Max Blumenthal - Accused AIPAC Spy Leads Attacks on Chas Freeman
post #78 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 02:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rosen was kicked out of AIPAC and was acting on his own behalf.

What did Freeman in, ultimately, was a threat of a Congressional investigation into his alleged financial conflicts of interest. And Rosen has no influence in the halls of Congress. The issue here is whether AIPAC, actively opposed the Freeman nomination and, as I've said before, there is no evidence for this. Congressman are not afraid of taking a stand on behalf of the Israel “lobby.” Every one of them denied having been contacted by AIPAC over this issue and, AFAIK, AIPAC has not stated a public position on the Freeman nomination.

I can easily demonstrate the inaccuracy of subsequent remarks specifically Jim’s implication, above, that Drew was referring to the Israel ”lobby” in general and not, necessarily, to AIPAC in particular. Go back to post #52 above where Drew makes the following comment “AIPAC and their friends want someone that is pro Israeli PERIOD. Nothing changed and nothing will, Obama fell under this pressure just like any other president will. AIPAC won! The people of the United States of America LOST!
...Business as usual!

This was the post I was replying to. These were Drew’s own words. If he did not mean APIAC specifically then he should have said the “Israel lobby.” I can’t be responsible for Drew’s poor choice of words.

The truth is that Drew said “APIAC” and he meant “AIPAC.” When he was proven wrong (as has happened so often) he finds a ready apologist here who is prepared to step in and construe his words in a matter most favorable to him but contrary to the evidence.
post #79 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 03:48 AM
BenzWorld Elitist

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Rosen was kicked out of AIPAC and was acting on his own behalf.
Uh, Rosen was permitted to resign after he got caught passing Pentagon secrets--secrets he had no right to in the first place. And he was director at AIPAC at the time.

Quote:
Congressman are not afraid of taking a stand on behalf of the Israel “lobby.”
Lookee there, a stopped-clock moment.

Quote:
The truth is that Drew said “APIAC” and he meant “AIPAC.”
Whoa! You caught Drew in a typo! Ace work!

If anyone in this conference takes this "baby boo" seriously, I'd appreciate their coming forward at this juncture and identifying themselves. Just for laffs.
post #80 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 03:52 AM
BenzWorld Elitist

Lifetime Premium Member
Meanwhile, back nearer the core of the issue, it's disgraceful (although indeed, hardly unprecedented) that the Obama administration permits itself to be led around like this. But I guess you can only fight so many fires at once. What if they were linked, though?

A couple of incisive commentaries from NYT Letters:
This is a country where an appointee to a high government position can be on record harshly criticizing any or all policies of our own government, but not Israeli policies.

When it comes to American policies, criticism — even harsh criticism — is both standard and unremarkable. That is also how it is in Israel, which is even more open than we are about the rough-and-tumble aspects of democracy.

But criticism of Israeli policies by Americans can sink an aspirant for an appointed position or high office.

Not only that, the people who organize these campaigns do it in the dark without opening the debate to the American people. This is bad for America, bad for Israel and bad for the Jewish community.

M. J. Rosenberg
Director of Policy
Israel Policy Forum

------------------------------------------------

I am not sure how those in the pro-Israel lobby expect us to view their success at depriving our president of the counsel of someone who may be pro-Palestinian.

Should we be grateful that we will not hear another side of the story? Or should we be concerned that those who support our closest "ally" in the region would go to such great lengths to disrupt our national security selection process?

Michael Scott
San Francisco, March 12, 2009

------------------------------------------------
Let us remember, it's not necessarily criticism of Israel that gets you in trouble in Washington. It's criticism of the right wing in Israel. Even now. Who rules?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in