Anybody ever visit Mercedes Classic Center? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Beats hell out of $40 a day to park.
Forces you to use mass transit though.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Forces you to use mass transit though.
IF you can find a parking place at the train station. There were days that I would get to the train station at 7:45 and there would be no place to park and I would have no choice but to drive in.

Now when I finally moved to the city, I contracted first with the garage across the street, then with Mercedes of Manhattan to long term store the car. I didn't use it for weeks at a time.

I preferred walking as nearly everything was within a mile of my apartment and office.

Subways were also fun and easy but not at rush.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Great experiences:

MB of Greensboro
MB of Tampa
Ganley in Akron
MB of North Olmsted, went from terrible as a Penske dealership to the best I've ever been to when Bernie Moreno bought it. Doesn't matter what I drag in there, they treat me like I just bought a new S class. Talk to Joe Arno for service.

Bandit, I'll be back next week. Great Lakes is calling!
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
The Classic Center in Irvine is GREAT !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post
Stopped by the Mercedes Classic Center in Irvine, CA this morning. Man, what a disappointment. They had some nice cars and all, but the attitude of the staff, especially the manager of the place was appalling. Yes we were properly dressed.

We went in, asked the receptionist to look around, and were basically ignored the whole time. I even tried to chat the manager up a bit and he was aloof, condescending, and borderline rude. Get this...they wouldn't let us open the hood of a car on the showroom floor they had for sale!

As an owner of 10 Mercedes and a brand zealot, I was really let down. They are not building the brand with the attitude of the people there...they don't get it. Wouldn't you like to chat a bit with a customer who loves your brand, and foster his/her enthusiasm? Maybe sell them another addition to the collection?

They seem to do a good job with folks on the phone, but as for stopping by (unless you're with a MBCA group on a scheduled tour) forget it. The guy running the place is an ass.

This is utterly at odds with my several unannounced visit to the place.

The first time, in 2007, Scott Olsen, at the parts department, actually gave up his lunch hour so I could interview him about the parts Department operation!! He was very forthcoming.

In January we had a Mercedes get together at the Classic Center, and even though they were closed, they opened up the Center for just for us that Saturday and let our group in there even though they were officially closed.

The other gentleman at the parts department, Tom Hansen, is so committed to helping Benzwold members that he has actually joined Benzworld and posted on model specific forums here to help with questions and orders.

In one particularly difficult situation involving a Mercedes Benz VISA card discount I used when ordering parts, Scot Olsen actually suggested I hold off taking him until the accountant/receptionist figured out how it couold be applied and promised to ship everything to my house later FOR FREE.

WHICH HE DID !!!

I have been given full run of the Classic Center every time I was there, and treated like a prince every time, a valued customer.

They offer an automatic 15% discount to MBCA members, so having joined, my membership had paid for it times over for buying parts from the Classic Center.

I would buy parts there even before from a Mercedes Benz dealer, they are that good, they ship lightning fast.

The customer service is so good they even telephoned me to apprise me of progress in tracking difficult to get parts.

I proudly display their license plate frame on my car!! Great place, super helpful and forthcoming staff!!

Every LA trip I always make time to go there.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
^^^
You didn't tell them about the Subie, did you?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cascade, that's a relief. I didn't want our visit to be typical. And as I said, Scott was very coridal and a good guy. There was a weird vibe there that day, maybe they just got some bad news from corporate about something.

I did take pics, and I'll post them (including one for the ass thread!) when I get home next week.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
^^^
You didn't tell them about the Subie, did you?

LOLZ DIG.

You missed the OTHER one.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in