Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Beautiful! Let's post it for EVERYONE to read.

At no point in ANY of my posts over the past two years of discussing this have I ever said Bush enacted deregulations to cause the problems. At EVERY instance I have said that the Bush Administration FAILED to execute their Constitutional duty to enforce the Regulations on the books in a responsible manner [note YOUR referenced article above].

I have, however said that Republican Deregulations, from Gramm, Leach, Bliley, 1999 have a major responsibility in this mess but, as I have pointed out in nearly every instance, they maintained some level of regulation to insure that the problems we have now would not exist IF the Administration would have just done its Constitutionally required job of enforcing Regulations.

Here is a little hint. If you want to start a knife fight, don't bring a plastic picnic knife.
You seriously need some help dude. What is unclear about:

"Bush didn't cause the financial regulatory breakdown..."

You have been saying it is all his fault. And he did try to fix it regardless of what the second part of the quote says, as evidenced by his consistent prodding of Congress since 2002 to head off the problem!

My GOD man! You are incredibly frustrating with your silly misdirections and parsing.

You are next probably going to go to something like "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 02:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
You seriously need some help dude. What is unclear about:

"Bush didn't cause the financial regulatory breakdown..."

You have been saying it is all his fault. And he did try to fix it regardless of what the second part of the quote says, as evidenced by his consistent prodding of Congress since 2002 to head off the problem!

My GOD man! You are incredibly frustrating with your silly misdirections and parsing.

You are next probably going to go to something like "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."
Why did you ellipsis the quote? Afraid the ENTIRE quote might negate your weak point?

Let's repeat it in it's entirety:
What is true is that most Bush-era financial regulators were less than enthusiastic about the very act of regulating, and that Bush's "ownership society" push glossed over a lot of potential dangers. Bush didn't cause the financial regulatory breakdown, but he didn't jump in to fix it either.

You apparently don't understand the concept of NOT doing the job can have the same or worse consequence as doing something wrong. In this case, as the article very clearly states Bush regulators were very lax in doing their jobs and the Bush Administration did NOTHING to fix those problems that you keep trying to suggest that he kept warning folks about.

And you will also notice I DON'T MISDIRECT, using instead an interesting tactic of requiring you to provide facts and documentation to support your assertions and calling you on it when you can't. I also use a sneaky tactic of providing links to actual data from governing bodies instead of op-ed pieces when data and backup are required. I realize that can be confusing to those who only listen to Rush and Hannity and Beck.

Now I really like the part where you chose an article to PROVE YOUR POINT and then DISCOUNT that very article when it DISPROVES your perceptions. "And he did try to fix it regardless of what the second part of the quote says, as evidenced by his consistent prodding of Congress since 2002 to head off the problem!"

I am impressed, taking a 16 word sentence and trying to use half of the sentence to substantuate your point and disregarding the other half that contradicts it. This might go down in the BWOT Circlejerk Hall of Fame

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Why did you ellipsis the quote? Afraid the ENTIRE quote might negate your weak point?

Let's repeat it in it's entirety:
What is true is that most Bush-era financial regulators were less than enthusiastic about the very act of regulating, and that Bush's "ownership society" push glossed over a lot of potential dangers. Bush didn't cause the financial regulatory breakdown, but he didn't jump in to fix it either.

You apparently don't understand the concept of NOT doing the job can have the same or worse consequence as doing something wrong. In this case, as the article very clearly states Bush regulators were very lax in doing their jobs and the Bush Administration did NOTHING to fix those problems that you keep trying to suggest that he kept warning folks about.

And you will also notice I DON'T MISDIRECT, using instead an interesting tactic of requiring you to provide facts and documentation to support your assertions and calling you on it when you can't. I also use a sneaky tactic of providing links to actual data from governing bodies instead of op-ed pieces when data and backup are required. I realize that can be confusing to those who only listen to Rush and Hannity and Beck.

Now I really like the part where you chose an article to PROVE YOUR POINT and then DISCOUNT that very article when it DISPROVES your perceptions. "And he did try to fix it regardless of what the second part of the quote says, as evidenced by his consistent prodding of Congress since 2002 to head off the problem!"

I am impressed, taking a 16 word sentence and trying to use half of the sentence to substantuate your point and disregarding the other half that contradicts it. This might go down in the BWOT Circlejerk Hall of Fame
Again with the mis-characterizations.

I am sorry that you are so bent on parsing everything that you can not see the truth. Perhaps if you view the article in context of Time Magazine's love affair with Obama and hatred of Bush you will quit with the misdirection and mischaracterization.

My whole point with the elipsis was to put emphasis on the fact that Bush did not cause this. The duty to fix it is Congress'.

I love how you conveniently forget that everytime.

And before you go off on another mischaracterizational orgasm, please tell us how you fix the situation? Better yet, let's look at how your annointed one is fixing the problem. He is having Congress do it through more appropriation. Notice Obama is not the one attempting to fix the crisis. It is Congress' responsibility to fix the problem.

Bush had been trying to get congress to do this since 2002. You are wrong McBear when you say that this recession is Bush's fault. And when you or Time magazince says he didn't do anything to try and fix it I say Bullshit let's got to the videotape. What do ya know, it started of the thread.

Your mischaracterizations, misrepresentations, and misdirections don't work when held up to common sense thinking.

All depends on what the definition of "is" is.

That does not fly with us. Too bad your sycophants love the pablum you regurgitate. We're gonna have to start calling you guys the "Penguin Party" because your young eat what you throw up!

Who's John Galt.

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Again with the mis-characterizations.

I am sorry that you are so bent on parsing everything that you can not see the truth. Perhaps if you view the article in context of Time Magazine's love affair with Obama and hatred of Bush you will quit with the misdirection and mischaracterization.

My whole point with the elipsis was to put emphasis on the fact that Bush did not cause this. The duty to fix it is Congress'.

I love how you conveniently forget that everytime.
You are an absolute joke. You can't even come up with a simple defense of your own thesis that does not contradict it [in the same sentence]. And then "conveniently" ignore that part of the article that you don't agree with. And you want to accuse ME of parsing. That's just funny.

Remember, it is the Administrative that has the Constitutional requirement to ENFORCE THE LAW. The Administrative Branch FAILED. The REPUBLICAN Congress didn't seem to find any importance in adding new laws to help.

So, do you want to blame the Republican President's Administration or the Republican Congress? Take YOUR pick.

And please, learn the separation of responsibilities of the Administrative and Legislative branches of Government. It will lessen your confusion.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Some might suggest that you are "...an absolute joke" for exactly the same reason/s...

Don't believe everything you think
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
You are an absolute joke. You can't even come up with a simple defense of your own thesis that does not contradict it [in the same sentence]. And then "conveniently" ignore that part of the article that you don't agree with. And you want to accuse ME of parsing. That's just funny.

Remember, it is the Administrative that has the Constitutional requirement to ENFORCE THE LAW. The Administrative Branch FAILED. The REPUBLICAN Congress didn't seem to find any importance in adding new laws to help.

So, do you want to blame the Republican President's Administration or the Republican Congress? Take YOUR pick.

And please, learn the separation of responsibilities of the Administrative and Legislative branches of Government. It will lessen your confusion.
Dude, you are a sad, sad example of what the left has come to. Your methods of mischaracterization are laughable. How is what I said contradictory? I did not ignore it all if you actually take the time to read my post.

I already pointed out how those last few words of the sentence were a partisan swipe at Bush that rings hollow in the face of the VIDEO EVIDENCE.

How convenient that you do not wish to address at all, the simple fact that Bush was enforcing the regulations but that the mechanism for the enforcement (aka the laws) were not designed to help his administrative attempts. WHO MAKES THE LAWS? How wonderfully helpful of you to point out how it is the Congress who makes the laws. Oh wait, that's right, you didn't.

The whole point of this is my disagreement with you when you say this is Bush's fault.

I guess we will all have to be happy with your agreement with the statement that it wasn't his fault but he didn't jump in to fix anything. Of course that just ignores reality as supported by VIDEO EVIDENCE.

I guess your avatar should read:

"I refuse to accept reality, therefore I submit my own."

Who's John Galt.

post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 86 560SEL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Easy guys, bashing either B or O is not going to change what is going on or what has happened. Funny that finger pointing is always the best weapon in the political arena. I just wondering where O found all these billions here and there to cover his agendas.
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkw View Post
Easy guys, bashing either B or O is not going to change what is going on or what has happened. Funny that finger pointing is always the best weapon in the political arena. I just wondering where O found all these billions here and there to cover his agendas.
I agree that Bashing Bush or Obama is not the solution.

The problem is Congress.

McBear et al on this forum want to keep puffing up that non-sensical myth that this is all Bush's fault. They are just a microcosm of the Democratic Party and their efforts at gaining and retaining power by sowing fear and hatred by blaming all these problems on Bush when it was the combined efforts of the cowards in congress.

The problem with that is it is the weak cousin to living by the sword, and those who live by sword will always die by the sword.

Now here is a good question. What did the Democrats do in the last 4 years to counter these foreseeable problems? NOTHING.

The same thing as the Republicans in Congress.

Who's John Galt.

post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
I blame them all, don't you? Bush had his rhetoric, nothing more. The Republicans in Congress did nothing. The Democrats in Congress did nothing. The Republicans had a chance to lead and failed. The Democrats had a chance to lead and failed. The majority was held by both parties in that period of time, both failed. I want to see a bill introduced to stop it. There were none.
Both sides failed, period. Nobody gets a pass. They were fat, dumb (especially that), and happy with the allegedly booming economy. I fail to see the point of debating it.

post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 86 560SEL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Remember B Sr? He came up with a crime bill for Demo congress. They bashed it like trash. Fast forward, Clinton came up with a same or pretty close crime bill. The Demo praised it like godsend. It's all games they play on the people who voted them into office. Party first, people second.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in