M$ to lay off 5,000 US and hire 2,000 - 3,000 H1Bs - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Americans will not take the jobs the H1B's are, given the reduced SALARY level.
Isn't that the fault of the Americans? If I can get a legal foreigner to upkeep my lawn for $200/month, why would/should I hire an American company who will charge me $500 to do the same work? If the American company wants to get my business, they will have to agree to cut my grass for $200/month otherwise they can hit the road. So why shouldn't the American worker work for less if his counterpart is willing to do it? Is it better for the American to not have a job at all?

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 02-21-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quote:
Best, as in CHEAPER.
Best, as in NOT LIKELY TO BOLT.
Best as in what my needs are at that time. If I need a tool to do something once and I know that I will probably never need it again, then the Best would be the CHEAPEST Chinese crap. If I need to use this tool often, then I will buy a Snapon or a Craftsman.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
It really is all about ME ME ME ME isn't it. This became the mantra of the 90's. Look where we have gotten to. And they call it Progress!
If my family is starving and so is yours and I go hunting and kill a rabbit. Who do you think is going to consume it? Yup, MY FAMILY! I would be a complete dumbass to give it you or your family. Now If I kill a deer, I would feed my family, freeze the rest for future and if there is some left over, I would share with you. A saying in the far east goes, "Knees don't come before the stomach."
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Americans will not take the jobs the H1B's are, given the reduced SALARY level.
I know I have said this before but you don't really have a clue what you are talking about.

The point is, there should not have to be a choice.

In the illegal alien case, there are places such as field work that just cannot get US workers at any price. The illegal alien population fills a need that is not being met.

In the H1B case companies are specifically importing workers to fill jobs that are being fully met by skilled US Taxpayers.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
If my family is starving and so is yours and I go hunting and kill a rabbit. Who do you think is going to consume it? Yup, MY FAMILY! I would be a complete dumbass to give it you or your family. Now If I kill a deer, I would feed my family, freeze the rest for future and if there is some left over, I would share with you. A saying in the far east goes, "Knees don't come before the stomach."
Now, if there are 100 starving families and only 50 rabbits, what are you going to do? Limited resources [or jobs] and over capacity of workers create a supply and demand issue. Add the variable of importing folks from another country who will add to the pool of starving and have been scrounging longer.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I know I have said this before but you don't really have a clue what you are talking about.

The point is, there should not have to be a choice.

In the illegal alien case, there are places such as field work that just cannot get US workers at any price. The illegal alien population fills a need that is not being met.

In the H1B case companies are specifically importing workers to fill jobs that are being fully met by skilled US Taxpayers.
This is happening a lot in the health care field with doctors. Many students (US CITIZENS) don't have residency training spots and are in danger of their medical training go to waste because many Indians with much higher scores are beating them left and right in getting those spots.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
SELFISH GREED, THE AMERICAN WAY!!WHAT A SUCCESS STORY!!
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
SELFISH GREED, THE AMERICAN WAY!!WHAT A SUCCESS STORY!!
NOT just the American way. You should call it human nature.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
REALLY, Who says so?
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
This is happening a lot in the health care field with doctors. Many students (US CITIZENS) don't have residency training spots and are in danger of their medical training go to waste because many Indians with much higher scores are beating them left and right in getting those spots.
One thing I found out a long time ago. Higher test scores do not mean better end results.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in