Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
this thread needs something
An Eldo Brougham? Or tits? Maybe titties on/in an Eldo Brougham...
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Joel, you need something to look forward to. May I suggest the BWOT GTG at my place Aug 1-2!
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 02:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well at least your Rack & Pinion unit didn't go out!

Man, I hope your going to have a better year. Peace friend.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Dag, I thought I had it bad with crashing two cars in 1 year. Super sorry to have read what you went through. Peace be with you.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 1985 300CD
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
this thread needs something

1985 300CD - "Gladys" | 1998 Acura 3.0 CL | 1993 Acura Vigor GS | 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD

"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." - Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
Just to bring you up to speed.

My mother in law had another surgery Jan. 2nd 3 days after arriving at their home in Naples, Fl. for the winter. Her intestine was blocked from the scar of another surgery last year in Fl. 2 weeks after they got there. 10 days in the hospital, She is doing well.

My partner Eric's uncle lost his battle with cancer Jan 6th.

Jan 11th and 12th i was in the hospital for massive spasms in my neck which would not allow my head to move more then a 1/4 of an inch. Several shots of Morphine and Valium, and 72 hours later, I can remember about 3 hours total of the entire experience including the worst pain I have ever experienced, ( which includes breaking my right wrist, right collar bone, cracking my sternum, and removing 70% of the skin off of my finger tips, all at the same time) My family has a little more detail in the matter which includes me walking the halls at 3am screaming my head off, and my wife finding me passed out in the hot tub. several visits to the chiropractor a week for shock therapy and ultra sound good as new. I even bought my own shock therapy unit for at home.

Jan. 31st sledding/ snow boarding with the kids. On the landing from going off a jump I put my hand down to steady myself on the ice. It did not work out as I had planned. Coming down from 12' and hitting the ice I split the bone in my wrist almost to the point where the "knuckle" on the end of the bone is broken completely off. Told the orthopedic surgeon if he put me in a 90 degree cast past my elbow I would cut in off as soon as I got back to my house. ( he is also a customer of mine and knows me well enough to know that I do not plan on taking any time off for a broken wrist.) We went over my restrictions and I signed the waiver for not going with the doctors wishes and I am out the door with my working cast. 5 more weeks and they take some new films to see if they are going to have to do surgery depending on how it is healing or if I fuck it up while working. right now it is 70% no surgery and we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Yesterday. for the 2nd day in a row my german shepard had not eaten any food. this morning he went to the vet with my wife and 3 year old, who was home from school with a double ear infection.
Bailey's spleen is four times it's normal size due to a softball size tumor which appears to be bleeding. They also made note of the cancer in his lungs and another tumor in his stomach. He had lost ten pounds since his apt. in late sept.
We had him put to sleep. 13years for a large breed is outstanding but it is never easy. The girls are having a really tough time and frankly so are my wife and I. the best dog ever.

WTF else is going to happen.
Hey man, I know what your going thru. I am not going to talk about all the shit I have been thru in the last 2 years. But I will say this, have faith that everything will work out. I promise you that it will. Take care man.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1999 E320 4 matic wagon
(Thread Starter)
Thanks everyone for the kind words and helpfull advice. This thread also explains why i have been MIA for a while. Checking the calander for aug 1-2. Thanks again.

"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life."
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 560SL,380SL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
This was worth posting, because it really put my comparatively trivial "problems" in perspective. You're describing what we call in KY a "rough patch". We have a lot of them here.

After an appropriate period of mourning, you should get another puppy ASAP, it's almost certain to help.

It is so traumatic for me to lose a dog. When I get a new puppy, I look them in the eye and tell them that I hope that they outlive me! But so far, they haven't.

Homebrew MB First Gear Start!

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: